Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the third PG is..... Raptors sign Anthony Carter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the third PG is..... Raptors sign Anthony Carter!

SmithRaps Doug Smith: Raptors
    The hits just keep on coming. Story shortly on Raptors adding Anthony Carter, too. Monumental day. Or not
    Great work, BC and Steffi!

Steffi Graf is working for the Raps?

Comment

Will give good leadership and will help mentor the young guys! Good signing!

Comment

so our depth chart looks like this:

PG- Bayless/Calderon/Carter
        SG- Derozan/Barbosa/Forbes or Pietrus
        SF- James Johnson/Butler/Kleiza/Forbes or Pietrus
        PF- Andrea Bargnani/Amir Johnson/Ed Davis
        C- Magloire/Gray/Alabi

Well this team looks like it has a good mix of youth and leadership, and a few players that have been known as gritty defenders. If this signing is done, that means we have 14 players under contract, so that leaves just 1 more roster spot to fill that will be either pietrus or forbes I guess ...
        "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Seems like we have a log jam at PF and SG. I'm more concerned with the amount of minutes that Davis will get though.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post

C- Magloire/Gray/Alabi

Well this team looks like it has a good mix of youth and leadership, and a few players that have been known as gritty defenders. If this signing is done, that means we have 14 players under contract, so that leaves just 1 more roster spot to fill that will be either pietrus or forbes I guess ...
            Pietrus is not coming and I'd put Magloire at the third C.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Pietrus is not coming and I'd put Magloire at the third C.
              Ya looks like pietrus is not coming for at least 2-4 weeks, hope the gary forbes thing goes through. Lets see what starting lineup Casey throws out there, could even have Ed at the C. I wouldnt be surprised if Casey plays Magloire more than we might think, because he is a legit shot blocking threat, and the only guy who has played significant min. at the C who is a shot blocker. Might fit the Casey formula that was successful in Dallas (pairing Nowitzki up with a shot blocker). Depends on what kind of shape he is in, and how Gray/Alabi/Davis play in training camp I guess.

Magloire might be done but if he can give us 7 pts 7 reb and close to a block a game in 20+ min. would be great.
              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Magloire might be done but if he can give us 7 pts 7 reb and close to a block a game in 20+ min. would be great.
                If he can produce anything like that, leave him in for 40 minutes. LOL

Comment

C- Magloire/Gray/Alabi

My gawed we are so going to be in last place lol Lottery here we come!!

Comment

I like what he's done. Magloire, Butler, Gray and Carter. That should be it.

Comment

Jose/Bayless/Carter
                      Derozan/Barbosa/Forbes
                      Johnson/Butler/Kleiza
                      Bargnani/Amir
                      Ed/Gray/Magloire/Alabi
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

4 players - Magloire, Butler, Gray and Carter, all of them for one season, hope we preparing for hot 2012-2013 preseason with more cash and bigger signings
                        (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

japetas wrote: View Post
                          4 players - Magloire, Butler, Gray and Carter, all of them for one season, hope we preparing for hot 2012-2013 preseason with more cash and bigger signings
                          Don't forget the draft pick.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            That's exactly what the Raptors need. I'm hoping they can get a top 5 pick in this summer's draft, which by most accounts, is loaded. Wouldn't Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis, or Harrison Barnes looked good in that line up next year along with Jonas, DeRozan etc. I'm hoping they can somehow grab another 1st rounder next summer and grab another kid; perhaps Myck Kabongo.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Sadly, I think Charlotte and Orlando will be worse.

We're number 3! We're number 3!!

Comment

Working...
                              X