Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And the third PG is..... Raptors sign Anthony Carter!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sadly, I think Charlotte and Orlando will be worse.

We're number 3! We're number 3!!
    Orlando is not going to be worse than us. We could conceivably win 12 games this coming year, which is fine with me.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
      Orlando is not going to be worse than us. We could conceivably win 12 games this coming year, which is fine with me.
      Sorry. I did not mention that Howard has requested a trade. Were you aware?

If Howard is traded before the season starts, the Magic will be much worse than the Raps in my opinion.

Comment

If Howard is traded before the season starts, the Magic will be much worse than the Raps in my opinion.
        Well that should all depend on who they get for him, no?

Comment

I don't know, it depends. If they get Bynum and Barnes or something like that they might be alright.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I don't know, it depends. If they get Bynum and Barnes or something like that they might be alright.
            Joey and Apollo:

Ahhhh crap. I should have put more information in again... sorry.

I'm going on the basis Brook Lopez is the centre piece of the return and Howard is traded to New Jersey.

Rumours have been the league is pushing for the Lakers to send Bynum to NOH.

So to recap:

Orlando worse than Toronto if Howard goes to New Jersey for Lopez, prospects, and draft picks.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Wouldn't it be juicy if NOH had more to trade for Howard than LA, Mavs or NJ? Bynum's knees are scary and I cant see where the Mavs or NJ have adequate return.

I dont understand why with the wonderful coach they have and their GM these guys dont want to play in a great city like NO. Yeah its a bit humid in the summer and there is the occasional hurricane.

I keep coming back to the fact that the league screwed up royally by not ensuring this crap occurring again without adequate compensation or a severe penalty to the player for getting choice of location and maximum salary. They have to wait 6 yrs. minimum before this issue comes up again...just in time for the Raps stars looking to do the same????

Comment

Funny...just read that Andy Rautins has been waived. I guess we won't have a Rautins joining Magloire. Could have been interesting.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                  Funny...just read that Andy Rautins has been waived. I guess we won't have a Rautins joining Magloire. Could have been interesting.
                  He may yet...do we have 15?....there has been a flurry today and Forbes is yet to be determined.

Comment

Andy Rautins eh? More local good PR to distract from a horrible season...though part of me can imagine (and fears) this team of underdogs coming together under a new coach and exceeding everyone's expectations.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Solid defender and fantastic locker room presence, very nice.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Yes, I'm aware. They can still wind up with Bynum, Lopez and parts (from New Jersey, Houston, Lakers, etc.). Like I said, not hating on the raps, just being realistic.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

The Magic have made a couple of moves this weekend, sign and trade for Glenn Davis and signing J Rich, that lead me to believe that they have no intention of playing for a lottery pick this season.

Comment

Here's why the Magic won't finish worse than the Raps:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or_Gasol_Bynum

Comment

We'll have to see what happens.

PG: Nelson, Duhon, Pruitt
                              SG: J. Richardson, Redick, Q. Richardson
                              SF: Turkoglu, Harper
                              PF: Big Baby, Anderson
                              C: Lopez/Bynum, Orton

Personally, I think if you take Dwight Howard away from Orlando and insert Lopez, that team is worse than the Raptors. Bynum would be questionable and probably in ORL favour.

PG: Bayless, Calderon, Anthony
                              SG: DD, Barbosa, Butler
                              SF: JJ, Forbes, Kleiza
                              PF: Bargnani, ED, Amir
                              C: Gray, Magloire, Alabi

Again though, we'll have to see what happens because Orlando's roster is not complete and any trade may have more pieces.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                                Here's why the Magic won't finish worse than the Raps:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or_Gasol_Bynum
                                I missed this before the reply with the lineups.

If Gasol and Bynum end up on Orlando, then yes, I agree, they will be much better than Toronto. Especially considering Orlando probably turns around and says to Houston: you still want Gasol?

Comment

Working...
                                X