X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No centre playing time for Davis?

Via Twitter.com:

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    Dwane Casey told me today he plans to play Ed Davis only at his natural power forward spot this season Amir will play both the four and five

So if Bargnani starts at PF.

ED is the backup PF.

Amir will play both the 4 and 5.

Not quite clear who starts at C.

Would not be suprised if they start Amir at the 5.

Essentially it is the same as last years line, but they switched the names of the positions.

Comment

Maybe Bargnani starts at C like he did last season, with Ed or Amir at 4
      (Sorry for poor English )

Comment

Jamal Magloire will probably start like they did with rasho. Start every half play, the first 8 minutes. To set the defensive tone.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

On Raptors Today Dwayn Casey said Amir will come in slowly right now until his ankle is 100%. so Pf mins iwll be davis bargnani im guessing.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Jamal Magloire will probably start like they did with rasho. Start every half play, the first 8 minutes. To set the defensive tone.
            Aaron Gray is a much, much, much, MUCH better than Magloire. Magloire this year, in my opinion, is Solomon Alabi last year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Aaron Gray is a much, much, much, MUCH better than Magloire. Magloire this year, in my opinion, is Solomon Alabi last year.
              He might be better but, Jamal is way a head of since he has played this defense before and has been at every practice.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

He might be better but, Jamal is way a head of since he has played this defense before and has been at every practice.
                How has he played this defense before?

By every practice, do you mean the first two?

Comment

I see this happening too.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I dont know too much about Aaron Gray ... but I think Magloire will start to set the tone defensively I could be wrong, but this is what my gut is telling me.
                    "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I don't think Magloire will start. I'm sure it will be some Bargs with either Davis or Amir. There's too much emphasis on position. Those 3 guys are the only guys who should see major minutes and start. Gray, Magloire and Alabi should never start a game if the other 3 guys stay healthy and play well enough. And before another reply about how they aren't true Cs...well they're definitely the best shotblockers on the team still so if they all step up on D....or at least Davis and Amir, we should be fine. Yeah we'll struggle with guys like Howard and Marc Gasol...but so do like 20 other teams in the league. And against guys like that I'm sure Gray and/or Magloire will get minutes, though still not convinced they'd start.

Comment

How has he played this defense before?

By every practice, do you mean the first two?
                        They ran the same defense in Miami.

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
                          They ran the same defense in Miami.
                          Do you have an article/link/interview/video for this?

I read a lot of Raptors and NBA stuff and I do not recall seeing anything comparing the defense Dwayne Casey runs to that of Miami and/or Erik Spolestra.

It is not that I am trying to be a d!ck, I would just find it interesting.

Comment

Do you have an article/link/interview/video for this?

I read a lot of Raptors and NBA stuff and I do not recall seeing anything comparing the defense Dwayne Casey runs to that of Miami and/or Erik Spolestra.

It is not that I am trying to be a d!ck, I would just find it interesting.
                            Jamal said it in his post practice interview on Friday. He said they ran the same defensive stuff in Miami so he understands it already.

Comment

I think any good defensive team runs pretty much the same stuff. The principles of good defense aren't really that unique.
                              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                              X