Buyer's remorse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer's remorse?

Just wondering if BC is/will have a touch of buyer's remorse this morning when he finds out the Mavs are - apparently - desparate to get Fernandez & Brewer off the roster. I can't imagine they'd make a play for either...right? Pretty sure there's enough left of Bosh's TPE to absord one (or both) using it...
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    Just wondering if BC is/will have a touch of buyer's remorse this morning when he finds out the Mavs are - apparently - desparate to get Fernandez & Brewer off the roster. I can't imagine they'd make a play for either...right? Pretty sure there's enough left of Bosh's TPE to absord one (or both) using it...
    Unless getting a draft pick, I'd have no interest in Fernandez. As soon as his deal ends he is back to Spain, likely for good.

I was all over Brewer last year. Would have loved the Raptors to pick him up. I am not quite sure now. If the deal for Forbes falls through (i.e. DEN matches), I'd be all over it. He is owed $3.2M next season.

Comment

Yeah, unless the Raptors want to make Fernandez a starter there is no hope of him staying. His whole deal so far has been he hates his role. He wants to be a starter and play lots of minutes. He whined and complained about that the majority of his time in Portland and I'm sure he's not going to be happy playing behind Vince Carter and Jason Terry in Dallas either.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Unless getting a draft pick, I'd have no interest in Fernandez. As soon as his deal ends he is back to Spain, likely for good.

I was all over Brewer last year. Would have loved the Raptors to pick him up. I am not quite sure now. If the deal for Forbes falls through (i.e. DEN matches), I'd be all over it. He is owed $3.2M next season.
        I agree, Brewer would be good to get a look at, especially if Forbes falls through. If the deal does go through it's pointless to have Brewer though.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Yeah, unless the Raptors want to make Fernandez a starter there is no hope of him staying. His whole deal so far has been he hates his role. He wants to be a starter and play lots of minutes. He whined and complained about that the majority of his time in Portland and I'm sure he's not going to be happy playing behind Vince Carter and Jason Terry in Dallas either.
          i'm in the same boat as both of you, definitely more interested in brewer. odd how he was such a hot commodity last year, and is now basically regarded as someone who has to be dumped. to clear room. oh, and i think the acquisition of odom pushed the mavs into salary territory whereby they no longer qualify for the MLE (meaning no VC), so that may be what's driving the push to unload rudy & corey.

Comment

I'd be down for Brewer but I'm not sure there is a deal to be had. Bayless for Brewer straight up would work but I don't like it. Barbosa would be the guy I'd rather see moved but Fernandez and Brewer for Barbosa doesn't work.

Comment

Also keep in mind Dallas just traded a Second Round pick for Lamar Odom...

Comment

I'd be down for Brewer but I'm not sure there is a deal to be had. Bayless for Brewer straight up would work but I don't like it. Barbosa would be the guy I'd rather see moved but Fernandez and Brewer for Barbosa doesn't work.
                mavs just looking for space...TPE? 2nd rounder?

note: i'm not advocating they go after either, i kinda like what they've done so far. the thread was merely speculating on whether BC regrets some these recent signings, knowing now that he could have used the TPE (expiring this week) to acquire 'better' players.

Comment

Odom is one and done probably.

mavs just looking for space...TPE? 2nd rounder?
                  Is the TPE still in play? When does it expire?

Comment

I doubt it; BryCo made his moves before the Mavericks traded for Odom. He might wish he had a roster spot open but i doubt he will have buyer's remorse for failure to predict the impact of a trade no one saw coming.

I would not mind the Raptors taking a flyer on Fernandez if the deal for Forbes fall thorugh. He is unlikely to stay but given he won't cost more than a 2nd round pick, the Raptors may want to gamble on the possibility of him changing his mind.

Comment

Odom is one and done probably.

this week...15th or 16th, i think...can't remember exact day.

Comment

December 16th.

Comment

We should still have TPE left over since we didn't get to use it on Pietrus. Brewer makes about 3M. Dallas I'm sure would have no problems taking TPE for Brewer if all they want is a salary dump. If Butler does not resign with Denver, then I hope BC makes a deal with Dallas. How long does Denver have to match? It's 3 days now right?

I say no to Fernandez.. I think he could turn into a cancerous player if he doesn't get his minutes.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                            I doubt it; BryCo made his moves before the Mavericks traded for Odom. He might wish he had a roster spot open but i doubt he will have buyer's remorse for failure to predict the impact of a trade no one saw coming.

I would not mind the Raptors taking a flyer on Fernandez if the deal for Forbes fall thorugh. He is unlikely to stay but given he won't cost more than a 2nd round pick, the Raptors may want to gamble on the possibility of him changing his mind.
                            but will BC regret not taking a more patient approach, seeing what players land where, and seeing if some good quality youngsters could be had on the cheap. it's not like the guys he's picked up were hot commodities that had to be signed right now. it's not like, say, when there was that huuuge bidding war for kapono & BC had to act RIGHT THEN with a STRONG offer. oh, wait...

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              We should still have TPE left over since we didn't get to use it on Pietrus. Brewer makes about 3M. Dallas I'm sure would have no problems taking TPE for Brewer if all they want is a salary dump. If Butler does not resign with Denver, then I hope BC makes a deal with Dallas. How long does Denver have to match? It's 3 days now right?

I say no to Fernandez.. I think he could turn into a cancerous player if he doesn't get his minutes.
                              i think you mean forbes?

agree re. rudy, although...it's pretty clear (at least to me) that he'd at least be given a modicum of PT. how he uses that PT depends on whether he wants to stick in the NBA, or if he plans to return to the euroleague. would playing with jose mean anything to him?

Comment

Working...
                              X