Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors Showing Interest in Reggie Evans?

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Dont hold me absolutely to this but I believe you have to keep a traded-for player at least 6 mos or July 1 before doing an amnesty.
    I thought you could only amnesty players that your team signed prior to July 1 2011. Any player that you trade for or sign after July 1 cannot be amnestied. An amnesty player picked up through the waiver wire can be traded but only after 6 months of the signing.

To the discussion at hand - I absolutely give up Bargnani and Barbosa for Lewis and their pick. If the pick is protected then I would look for other deals, but if this is the best deal on the table I would still take it. You lose 4 years off of Bargnani's contract for basically one year + $10M for Lewis - who could then also be used as a trade chip in 2012/2013.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Dont hold me absolutely to this but I believe you have to keep a traded-for player at least 6 mos or July 1 before doing an amnesty.
    You cannot amnesty a player you have traded for.

The player must be on YOUR roster as of July 1st, 2011.

You cannot trade a player that was picked up via amnesty until July 1st, 2012.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

bargnani for the wizards pick straight up would be good. We could end up with 2 amazing talents to add next year. And we get rid of bargnani's contract and it frees up playing time for Ed to tear it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information