Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Showing Interest in Reggie Evans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Showing Interest in Reggie Evans?

Raptors free agent forward Reggie Evans getting interest from Toronto, Portland, Boston and New Jersey, but nothing close.
    Source: Twitter @SpearsNBAYahoo

ah, FFS...
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

ya i read this too.. i dont mind it if its a vet min. i liked reggie when healthy.. he seemed to love his time in T.O aswell

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
        ya i read this too.. i dont mind it if its a vet min. i liked reggie when healthy.. he seemed to love his time in T.O aswell
        If Forbes is signed, then we don't have room for Reggie

1. Bargnani
        2. Davis
        3. Amir
        4. DeRozan
        5. Calderon
        6. Bayless
        7. Barbosa
        8. J.Johnson
        9. Kleiza
        10. Alabi
        11. Magloire
        12. Gray
        13. Butler
        14. Carter
        15. Forbes

Comment

Even if Forbes falls through, we already have 6 bigs:

Bargnani
          Ed
          Amir
          Solo
          Magloire
          Gray ... no room for another vet PF, I don't think. Better to chase another Reggie ... Williams. Or Corey Brewer from the Mavs.
          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

I was a proponent of bringing Reggie back to play center (as a stop gap solution in a season when wins wasn't important) but as others have said, here, I simply don't see where he'd fit in. I'm already worried about finding enough playing time for all the PF's, let alone the bigs. On paper, you've got 96 minutes per game between the two positions. If Bargnani goes down to playing 25 minutes (which would be the lowest since his second season), and Davis and Amir play that amount, as well, then you're only got 21 mpg left for Alabi, Gray and Magloire. Now, I can actually see the 3 centers only getting around 20 mpg between them, but having Bargnani, Davis and Amir only playing 25 mpg will be a problem. Amir, I can see only playing 25 mpg, but Bargnani's stats will take a huge hit, which could hurt his trade value and Davis won't be happy if his role isn't expanded. And that's without Reggie.

Apollo has already stated that having too many bigs is a good problem to have, but not if it causes problems.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

im sure with all the back to back to back games there will be PT to go around. maybe not for reggie but..some guys will have games off for rest..so im sure the guys we currently have will all get playing time.. i just liked reggie's hustle but if there no room then im ok with that to

Comment

this might be a sign that one of the PF's are being traded. I just hope its bargnani and it better be for a 1st round lottery pick

Comment

Bargnani is certainly worth a lottery pick. I remember in 2007, before Bargnani had proven he wasn't going to be a bust, the Bucks were willing to deal their 6th overall pick for him. A lot can change but I think the Wiz could be a good option. Not a lot of talent to be found at FC in Washington outside of Blatche and McGee. Both probably best suited for center. Blatche is a bit of a meat head and Bargnani might be a far better fit next to McGee and would no doubt thrive off shots created by John Wall. They already have a guy on roster with a similar game who is current starting at the 3 in Rashard Lewis but Lewis is in his second last season on his current contract and might be a prime target to get traded in the off-season as that $23M final year would be huge to any team who decides to do a proper rebuild in the summer of 2013. They have the cap space to trade a 1st rounder for Bargnani straight up and it's probably a lock to be a top ten. To sweeten the pot the Raptors could add in a guy like Bayless, who would be an excellent backup to John Wall. Heck, they could play together.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Bargnani is certainly worth a lottery pick. I remember in 2007, before Bargnani had proven he wasn't going to be a bust, the Bucks were willing to deal their 6th overall pick for him. A lot can change but I think the Wiz could be a good option. Not a lot of talent to be found at FC in Washington outside of Blatche and McGee. Both probably best suited for center. Blatche is a bit of a meat head and Bargnani might be a far better fit next to McGee and would no doubt thrive off shots created by John Wall. They already have a guy on roster with a similar game who is current starting at the 3 in Rashard Lewis but Lewis is in his second last season on his current contract and might be a prime target to get traded in the off-season as that $23M final year would be huge to any team who decides to do a proper rebuild in the summer of 2013. They have the cap space to trade a 1st rounder for Bargnani straight up and it's probably a lock to be a top ten. To sweeten the pot the Raptors could add in a guy like Bayless, who would be an excellent backup to John Wall. Heck, they could play together.
                    Now here's a question, if Washington threw in their unprotected first round pick, would you trade Bargnani and Barbosa for Rashard Lewis? The Raptors end up losing a lot of cap room this summer, but could end up with a top 5 pick. I don't know whether Washington would trade their pick, unprotected, especially since they could just amnesty Lewis if they wanted to.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yes, in a heartbeat. Could he be then "Amnesty claused"? I know its only applicable to those signed prior to the CBA expiring but are players who meet this condition but are traded disqualified? Even if he can't be dropped via the Amnesty clause he would be a good vet to have and re-sign. The Raptors would get his bird rights. If they didn't re-sign him they could be players in 2013 free agency(in this scenario $21M left on the books including Val, two 2012 1st rounders & excluding new deals to DeRozan, Bayless, JJ, Calderon and Barbosa).
                      Last edited by Apollo; Mon Dec 12, 2011, 07:03 PM. Reason: updated 2012 cap number

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Now here's a question, if Washington threw in their unprotected first round pick, would you trade Bargnani and Barbosa for Rashard Lewis? The Raptors end up losing a lot of cap room this summer, but could end up with a top 5 pick. I don't know whether Washington would trade their pick, unprotected, especially since they could just amnesty Lewis if they wanted to.
                        Washington already said they will not amnesty Rashad Lewis or anyone else this year. The fact that Jan Vesely looked extremely raw the first few days of practice give addded weight to Washington's position.

Comment

So the Raptors toss in James Johnson instead of Bayless. Heck, maybe even a lottery protected 2013 1st rounder depending on where the Wiz are in the standings prior to the deadline.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Apollo has already stated that having too many bigs is a good problem to have, but not if it causes problems.
                            The good problem is having too many good bigs. I don't think Gray and Magloire will ever count count as good as members of the Raptors, and it remains to be seen as much progress Alabi has made. We can hope but at this point the hope is based much more upon hearsay than actual game/practice footage.

And talking of footage, have you guys seen the clip of Jan Vesely looking at his feet while running the fastbreak and being totally oblivious to the pass John Wall threw at him? It would have been funnier if they did not show other sequences where he looked extremely raw. Some locals are already worried (way, way too early imo) he may be a bust.

Comment

The reference to me has nothing to do with Magloire or Gray. Gray might be a serviceable end of the bench guy though.

Comment

Working...
                              X