istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40

Thread: Crystal Ball

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    i applaud your enthusiasm, but i have to be skeptical that bargs will bring in a lottery pick, especially in a deep draft such as this. yes, he's got talent, and i'm sure that there will always be teams who value what he brings - especially lottery teams (because, y'know, they're lottery teams for a reason). but i really can't see him bringing back a lottery pick, given what he is as a player, and the cap hit whatever team acquiring him would be taking.

    if bargs is dealt, i have to think that the raps would have to take back a fairly sizable contract (on a fairly mediocre player) in order to get a lottery pick as part of the deal.
    Good points. How about trading him to a veteran team that is trying to be good this year but ultimately ends up having a dissapointing season? I'm sure at the start of the 2011 Utah, Phoenix and Houston all thought they would make the playoffs but didn't.

    Obviously this is a gamble because there is no guarantee that these teams have poor seasons however for arguments sake how about employing a strategy of being proactive and making a move for AB with Denver, San Antonio (highly unlikely), Atlanta, or Portland and hope they desperately don't make the playoffs? Maybe NJ would be interested as their owner has deeper pockets than most and seems intent on adding talent now. Send us back Outlaw and their pick (all wishful thinking of course). It all depends on if there is mutual interest, however we know BC can sell and if they think that he might be a piece to help their team it might be worth a shot. He's also said that Andrea is the player he gets the most calls about. If so, this should indicate that there would be willing trade partners that are interested in acquiring him.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    fair point. good point about trades as well. Bring on the (pre)season!

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was just looking over the FA crop as it looks now according to espn's free agent tracker...I really think people shouldn't get their hopes up about the cap space landing an all-star. I'm going to keep thinking of it as flexibility. Maybe part gets used in a trade. Maybe we make a big trade without it and use the space we have to sign a solid player to round out the team. Maybe our young players grow and we land a star in the draft too, so we just use it on a couple of better veterans than the ones we've got now. I don't know, since it's so early on.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I was just looking over the FA crop as it looks now according to espn's free agent tracker...I really think people shouldn't get their hopes up about the cap space landing an all-star. I'm going to keep thinking of it as flexibility. Maybe part gets used in a trade. Maybe we make a big trade without it and use the space we have to sign a solid player to round out the team. Maybe our young players grow and we land a star in the draft too, so we just use it on a couple of better veterans than the ones we've got now. I don't know, since it's so early on.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12
    Absolutely right it is early but......

    Personally, I am hoping Memphis get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, Heisley says, "I can't afford 3 max players and a first round exit" and Toronto comes calling saving him $50M over the next 3 seasons.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10,389
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Absolutely right it is early but......

    Personally, I am hoping Memphis get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, Heisley says, "I can't afford 3 max players and a first round exit" and Toronto comes calling saving him $50M over the next 3 seasons.
    Yeah, and that's exactly the type of random stuff that might have to happen. I don't see an obvious answer in free agency, so a lot will have to play out to see who we can scam into 'unloading' players onto us. If we can get a great player somehow that way I'd be happy.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    7,329
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Absolutely right it is early but......

    Personally, I am hoping Memphis get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, Heisley says, "I can't afford 3 max players and a first round exit" and Toronto comes calling saving him $50M over the next 3 seasons.
    I'm assuming we're talking about Gay?

    I wouldn't mind Heisley coming to that