No announcement yet.

Crystal Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i say we trade Bargs for a 2nd lottery pick. With ours(assuming its top 5) we choose Q.Miller or barnes to fill the gap a SF. With the second we choose Kabongo or Kendall Marshall. We Amnesty Calderon and resign Anthony Carter, Forbes, Butler and Aaron gray to fill out the roster(and some more FA we got tons of cap space next summer). Starting line up:

Bayless/Kabongo/Carter
    DeMar/Forbes
    Q.Miller(or Barnes)/JJ/Butler
    Ed Davis/Amir johnson
    JV/Aaron Gray/Magloire(or Alabi)

Comment

forget Linas, i guess throw him in at extra minutes at SF and PF.

Comment

Remember that cap space isn't only used in free agency. We can also use it in trades without needing the salaries to match. Lots of possibilities with cap space next season, regardless if other teams have the same tentative plan.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          i say we trade Bargs for a 2nd lottery pick. With ours(assuming its top 5) we choose Q.Miller or barnes to fill the gap a SF. With the second we choose Kabongo or Kendall Marshall. We Amnesty Calderon and resign Anthony Carter, Forbes, Butler and Aaron gray to fill out the roster(and some more FA we got tons of cap space next summer). Starting line up:

Bayless/Kabongo/Carter
          DeMar/Forbes
          Q.Miller(or Barnes)/JJ/Butler
          Ed Davis/Amir johnson
          JV/Aaron Gray/Magloire(or Alabi)
          i applaud your enthusiasm, but i have to be skeptical that bargs will bring in a lottery pick, especially in a deep draft such as this. yes, he's got talent, and i'm sure that there will always be teams who value what he brings - especially lottery teams (because, y'know, they're lottery teams for a reason). but i really can't see him bringing back a lottery pick, given what he is as a player, and the cap hit whatever team acquiring him would be taking.

if bargs is dealt, i have to think that the raps would have to take back a fairly sizable contract (on a fairly mediocre player) in order to get a lottery pick as part of the deal.
          Last edited by yertu damkule; Tue Dec 13, 2011, 01:42 PM.
          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            Interesting replies. Most thoughts lean towards the draft but what really motivated the topic was the fact that our master plan seems to be having cap room next year...but so many other teams seem to have the same plan. What sort of free agent might be left for us? Yeah..I agree it's too early but it's something to think about.
            Until we know who the Raptors draft, I think it's impossible to guess what the Raptors will do with their cap room.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
              i applaud your enthusiasm, but i have to be skeptical that bargs will bring in a lottery pick, especially in a deep draft such as this. yes, he's got talent, and i'm sure that there will always be teams who value what he brings - especially lottery teams (because, y'know, they're lottery teams for a reason). but i really can't see him bringing back a lottery pick, given what he is as a player, and the cap hit whatever team acquiring him would be taking.

if bargs is dealt, i have to think that the raps would have to take back a fairly sizable contract (on a fairly mediocre player) in order to get a lottery pick as part of the deal.
              Good points. How about trading him to a veteran team that is trying to be good this year but ultimately ends up having a dissapointing season? I'm sure at the start of the 2011 Utah, Phoenix and Houston all thought they would make the playoffs but didn't.

Obviously this is a gamble because there is no guarantee that these teams have poor seasons however for arguments sake how about employing a strategy of being proactive and making a move for AB with Denver, San Antonio (highly unlikely), Atlanta, or Portland and hope they desperately don't make the playoffs? Maybe NJ would be interested as their owner has deeper pockets than most and seems intent on adding talent now. Send us back Outlaw and their pick (all wishful thinking of course). It all depends on if there is mutual interest, however we know BC can sell and if they think that he might be a piece to help their team it might be worth a shot. He's also said that Andrea is the player he gets the most calls about. If so, this should indicate that there would be willing trade partners that are interested in acquiring him.

Comment

fair point. good point about trades as well. Bring on the (pre)season!

Comment

I was just looking over the FA crop as it looks now according to espn's free agent tracker...I really think people shouldn't get their hopes up about the cap space landing an all-star. I'm going to keep thinking of it as flexibility. Maybe part gets used in a trade. Maybe we make a big trade without it and use the space we have to sign a solid player to round out the team. Maybe our young players grow and we land a star in the draft too, so we just use it on a couple of better veterans than the ones we've got now. I don't know, since it's so early on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I was just looking over the FA crop as it looks now according to espn's free agent tracker...I really think people shouldn't get their hopes up about the cap space landing an all-star. I'm going to keep thinking of it as flexibility. Maybe part gets used in a trade. Maybe we make a big trade without it and use the space we have to sign a solid player to round out the team. Maybe our young players grow and we land a star in the draft too, so we just use it on a couple of better veterans than the ones we've got now. I don't know, since it's so early on.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12
                    Absolutely right it is early but......

Personally, I am hoping Memphis get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, Heisley says, "I can't afford 3 max players and a first round exit" and Toronto comes calling saving him $50M over the next 3 seasons.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Personally, I am hoping Memphis get knocked out of the playoffs in the first round, Heisley says, "I can't afford 3 max players and a first round exit" and Toronto comes calling saving him $50M over the next 3 seasons.
                      Yeah, and that's exactly the type of random stuff that might have to happen. I don't see an obvious answer in free agency, so a lot will have to play out to see who we can scam into 'unloading' players onto us. If we can get a great player somehow that way I'd be happy.

Comment

I'm assuming we're talking about Gay?

I wouldn't mind Heisley coming to that realization midway through this year. Heisley saying, "I've got 3 max players who don't know how to co-exist, so I might as well get rid of the guy who wasn't part of our playoff run".

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

I wouldn't mind Heisley coming to that realization midway through this year. Heisley saying, "I've got 3 max players who don't know how to co-exist, so I might as well get rid of the guy who wasn't part of our playoff run".
                          Sorry, yes, talking Gay.

I don't want to add Gay this year if at all possible. Draft night trade or summer trade would be great. I do not want to add any more wins. If that is considered tanking, I apologize.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post

+1

Comment

Sorry, yes, talking Gay.
                              Not that there's anything wrong with that :P

I don't want to add Gay this year if at all possible. Draft night trade or summer trade would be great. I do not want to add any more wins. If that is considered tanking, I apologize.
                              I see your point, but I think I would lean towards pulling the trigger this year (especially if at the trade deadline). Such a move would still keep us in the lottery. I think the talent infusion coming from Gay plus a 10-14 pick would be greater than a 1-5 pick alone.

In other words, the possibility of Gay + Kabongo excite me more than Harrison Barnes.

Comment

Unfortunately Gay is going to cost the Raptors. Gay is a huge asset for them. They will probably expect a first rounder. Would you be willing to give up our pick for Gay? Assuming it is the only pick we have?

Comment

Working...
                                X