X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa for Mayo

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=74bnvnd

Just a straight one for one deal.
    They almost traded him again, and could use a veteren off the bench scorer to take over Mayo's role.
    We get to test out a young player as a back up to Derozan, who could be our future 6th man of the year.

If either player does not work out for the team, they team does not resign them, or does a sign and trade, as both will probably still have a little trade value left.

I like this move.

Comment

I think they should do this and move Demar to the SF where his attacking skillset is just as applicable.
      When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

I think the Grizzlies would demand Derozen for Mayo.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
          I think the Grizzlies would demand Derozen for Mayo.
          Did you see the trade they almost made?
          McBob and Rush? Barbosa is better than them

Comment

I would be apprehensive on Mayo. It is clear he is not ready to accept a reserve role and he would not start in Toronto at this time.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I would be apprehensive on Mayo. It is clear he is not ready to accept a reserve role and he would not start in Toronto at this time.
              I don't know, although I barely watched any Memphis games, the few playoff games he played he seemed to do well coming off the bench. And although he would be coming off the bench, he would have more then a reserve role, without Barbosa I could see him playing well over 20 mins a game.

I don't think Derozan is a Sf, but him and Mayo could still play at the same time. Having a great slasher and a great shooter on at the same time could be a great combination.

As a side note, can someone tell me how his defence is? Im assuming not spectacular, and he is mainly a scorer. Although playing with Battier and Allen hopefully some of their defence has rubbed off on him?

Comment

I have no sources for my comment, only my opinion from watching two or three games, so I could easily be wrong, so please dont take the comment as fact.

Comment

I like Mayo a lot but I'm with Matt. I'd rather get a 2012 first rounder (I don't even care what # it is)
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    I like Mayo a lot but I'm with Matt. I'd rather get a 2012 first rounder (I don't even care what # it is)
                    A really low draft pick (say 25ish range) over Mayo, if he is willing to come off the bench?
                    I am not sure I would.

But the bigger question remains, can we get a first rounder for Barbosa?
                    And can we do it without taking on a bad contract?
                    I am not to sure that we could, but think we could get Mayo, which is why I suggested the trade.
                    I would love to see us get a draft pick for him, but I see this being much more likely.

Comment

Mayo's not going to come off the bench, especially for Toronto.

I wouldn't really blame him, either.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

If you can get Mayo for Barbosa you do it in a second. The team is looking to rebuild and taking a waver on a player like OJ Mayo could accelerate the plan. He's still young (24 or 25) and could benefit from a change of scenery. Last year he only played 26 minutes a game and I can't see how he couldn't get that many here so PT won't be the issue.

Comment

Working...
                        X