How many wins for the 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many wins for the 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors

Now that the roster has been finalized, it is time to make your vote on the number of wins we can expect from the Toronto Raptors.

Here is our roster:

PG: Calderon, Bayless, Carter
    SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, Butler
    SF: J.Johnson, Forbes, Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, Davis, Amir
    C: Gray, Magloire, Alabi

Remember, we have a 66 game - not 82 - therefore (numbers rounded to whole numbers):

66 game schedule = 82 game schedule

10 wins or less = 12 wins or less
    11-14 wins = 13-17 wins
    15-18 wins = 18-22 wins
    19-21 wins = 23-26 wins
    22-24 wins = 27-30 wins
    25-27 wins = 31-33 wins
    28-30 wins = 34-37 wins
    31-33 wins = 38-41 wins
    34 or more = 42 or more
    10 or less
    2.63%
    11-14
    14.47%
    15-18
    32.89%
    19-21
    13.16%
    22-24
    13.16%
    25-27
    10.53%
    28-30
    2.63%
    31-33
    3.95%
    34 or more
    6.58%

I predicted 15 wins a week and I haven't changed my mind. Of course, considering how my predictions the last couple of years went, it's going to be less than that. Still, that's what I'm sticking to. Hopefully low enough to get the top pick.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Dwayne Casey better be careful that the Raptors don't overachieve and somehow make the playoffs. He could get fired.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Dwayne Casey better be careful that the Raptors don't overachieve and somehow make the playoffs. He could get fired.
        If they make the playoffs with this team, then Casey deserves a raise. And the Raptors will finally have an All-Star again.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

i dunno. we won 22 last year but were pretty close in quite a few of them. theres no reason not to believe guys like derozen/jj/ed/amir and even bargs won't be better this year. throw in a new coach and the team finally playing some defense (how much we'll see) and i think mid 20's is a good number.

the mixture of youth getting better and guys on 1 year deals trying to market themselves is pretty enticing. our bench is probably the best its been in recent years.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I chose 15-18 but who knows.

It's possible that with the back-to-back-to-backs that every team has, that the Raptors could sneak away with a few extra wins since if a team were going to rest their starters against anyone (or to look ahead on the schedule), it would be for the Raptors. But then again, that Miami game last year....no guaranteed wins.

It's possible that in a condensed season, having a 10 man rotation of mediocre players (no matter what # Casey says today) is better than having a talented 7 man rotation- as far as injuries and fatigue are concerned.

And who knows, maybe having a new and respected coach along with some veterans to help lead the way, this team can gel and surprise a few people.

But I'd rather that they suck.
            Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

"They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                I chose 15-18 but who knows.

It's possible that with the back-to-back-to-backs that every team has, that the Raptors could sneak away with a few extra wins since if a team were going to rest their starters against anyone (or to look ahead on the schedule), it would be for the Raptors. But then again, that Miami game last year....no guaranteed wins.

It's possible that in a condensed season, having a 10 man rotation of mediocre players (no matter what # Casey says today) is better than having a talented 7 man rotation- as far as injuries and fatigue are concerned.

And who knows, maybe having a new and respected coach along with some veterans to help lead the way, this team can gel and surprise a few people.

But I'd rather that they suck.
                GOod point. With the condensed schedule, it might make for some weird wins. I also saw in interview somewhere that talked about how condensed seasons like this one, with little training camp, favour veteran teams with established systems and coaches. That way there's little need for teaching. That definitely doesn't describe the Raptors.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Raptors will win 34-36 games, and make the playoffs. I believe we have a better team than last year, we have a better coach than last year, we will be a better defending team, and our young core have all come in stronger, and more mature. Look for the raptors to surprise a lot of teams.

I like this mix of youth and veteran leadership, its exactly what our young core needed, we have true centers on our team for the first time in a while, I think we will make huge strides on the defensive end this year. I'm excited. Playoffs here we come!

P.S. Raptors Are Stacked.
                  "Defense wins championships."

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    i dunno. we won 22 last year but were pretty close in quite a few of them. theres no reason not to believe guys like derozen/jj/ed/amir and even bargs won't be better this year. throw in a new coach and the team finally playing some defense (how much we'll see) and i think mid 20's is a good number.

the mixture of youth getting better and guys on 1 year deals trying to market themselves is pretty enticing. our bench is probably the best its been in recent years.
                    I agree with what you say about our bench.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                      Raptors will win 34-36 games, and make the playoffs. I believe we have a better team than last year, we have a better coach than last year, we will be a better defending team, and our young core have all come in stronger, and more mature. Look for the raptors to surprise a lot of teams.

I like this mix of youth and veteran leadership, its exactly what our young core needed, we have true centers on our team for the first time in a while, I think we will make huge strides on the defensive end this year. I'm excited. Playoffs here we come!

P.S. Raptors Are Stacked.
                      36 wins is like 44 wins in a regular season. You think the Raptors are going to improve by as many as 22 wins, which would be one of the biggest turnarounds in NBA history (top 10, I believe), would give them the fourth most wins in franchise history and all without adding one player that is likely to play more than 15 mpg?

Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

19-21. About a .300 winning percentage sounds right.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          36 wins is like 44 wins in a regular season. You think the Raptors are going to improve by as many as 22 wins, which would be one of the biggest turnarounds in NBA history (top 10, I believe), would give them the fourth most wins in franchise history and all without adding one player that is likely to play more than 15 mpg?

Yes, I am expecting the raptors to be 1 game above .500 as they have added a new coaching staff, have a young core that is maturing, and getting stronger, and have improved their defense by adding 5 players who are strong defenders to their team.

They have a deeper bench than last year, I think we will see improved play from all of our young players (davis, amir, bayless, derozan, bargnani, johnson), I also think that people are underestimating the potential effects of an improved defensive team under this new head coach.

I dont think 1 game over .500 for this team is out of the realm of reason, look at a team like Indiana they snuck into the playoffs last year, I dont really think they had a much better team than us. Look at Philadelphia the only difference between their team in 2010 and their team in 2009 was a coaching change that resulted in the team buying into defense.

Raptors are stacked.

Comment

I like what you're saying,
                            But im still deciding whether you jus trollin haha

I aswell believe Raps will improve and win above 20 games, but wont be surprised if they dont.

Certainly excited to see the improvements and tweaks Casey has made, plus how Bargs has adapted to these new defensive 'policies' over the summer/training camp.

Comment

The Rawth wrote: View Post
                              I like what you're saying,
                              But im still deciding whether you jus trollin haha

I aswell believe Raps will improve and win above 20 games, but wont be surprised if they dont.

Certainly excited to see the improvements and tweaks Casey has made, plus how Bargs has adapted to these new defensive 'policies' over the summer/training camp.
                              I'm not trolling, I have 2 words for you: "Organic Growth" lol. It's on!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X