No announcement yet.

How many wins for the 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Rockets play well enough each year to not get a crack at a good draft position but never have the talent to truely contend. It must suck to be a Rockets fan right now. Ah well, at least they've had a day in the sun.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      The Rockets play well enough each year to not get a crack at a good draft position but never have the talent to truely contend. It must suck to be a Rockets fan right now. Ah well, at least they've had a day in the sun.
      They have Kevin McHale coaching this year. I think we are going to get insight in to how good a coach Rick Adelman is - by what happens in Houston and Minnesota.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        If it sucks to be a Rockets fan now, I feel even more sympathy for Raptors fans. Hey wait a minute, I am a Raptors fan!

The Rockets have won more games than the Raptors for 9 straight seasons and counting.

Comment

Just a couple of weeks left and everyone can reflect on their pre-season predictions.

Comment

I picked the oh-so-popular 15-18 category, but it looks like they'll exceed those expectations by a few wins. But if you told me that Bargnani and Bayless would all miss significant chunks of the season and Calderon would miss a bunch too, plus Barbosa would leave at the deadline with only a draft-pick coming back, I definitely would have picked less than 14, possibly less than 10. So in other words, they've exceeded my expectations by quite a bit.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              I picked the oh-so-popular 15-18 category, but it looks like they'll exceed those expectations by a few wins. But if you told me that Bargnani and Bayless would all miss significant chunks of the season and Calderon would miss a bunch too, plus Barbosa would leave at the deadline with only a draft-pick coming back, I definitely would have picked less than 14, possibly less than 10. So in other words, they've exceeded my expectations by quite a bit.
              Nope:
              Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Now that the roster has been finalized, it is time to make your vote on the number of wins we can expect from the Toronto Raptors.

Here is our roster:

PG: Calderon, Bayless, Carter
              SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, Butler
              SF: J.Johnson, Forbes, Kleiza
              PF: Bargnani, Davis, Amir
              C: Gray, Magloire, Alabi

Remember, we have a 66 game - not 82 - therefore (numbers rounded to whole numbers):

66 game schedule = 82 game schedule

10 wins or less = 12 wins or less
              11-14 wins = 13-17 wins
              15-18 wins = 18-22 wins
              19-21 wins = 23-26 wins
              22-24 wins = 27-30 wins
              25-27 wins = 31-33 wins
              28-30 wins = 34-37 wins
              31-33 wins = 38-41 wins
              34 or more = 42 or more
              With 14 games left that'd put us at around 20-23 wins if we can win nearly a third of them.

Comment

I picked this category as well. They have indeed exceeded my expectations. Wonder where they would have been if AB had been injury free?

Comment

and..we're into the 22 win category. Defying expectations.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    and..we're into the 22 win category. Defying expectations.

See my post above. It is only the injuries that have allowed Colangelo to bring in the D-League sleepers and dominate the play-off bound teams.

Comment

Working...
                    X