View Poll Results: How many wins will the Raptors have in 2011-2012?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 or less

2 2.63%
  • 11-14

11 14.47%
  • 15-18

25 32.89%
  • 19-21

10 13.16%
  • 22-24

10 13.16%
  • 25-27

8 10.53%
  • 28-30

2 2.63%
  • 31-33

3 3.95%
  • 34 or more

5 6.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many wins for the 2011-2012 Toronto Raptors

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Last season when injuries hit. we didn't have the depth and experience coming off the bench. This season we have older and experienced players who can come off the bench. I'm trying to say that we will all of the sudden win because or our bench but we can rely a little bit more on the guys coming off the bench this season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    As I said, the Raptors are STACKED!
    is that an acronym?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KaioKev wrote: View Post
    Last season when injuries hit. we didn't have the depth and experience coming off the bench. This season we have older and experienced players who can come off the bench. I'm trying to say that we will all of the sudden win because or our bench but we can rely a little bit more on the guys coming off the bench this season.
    I'm not sure about the bench. Magloire played 18 games last year. Butler took a big step back last year - and on a Clippers team that had no small forwards to speak of.... well except Ryan Gomes. Gray didn't play much until West got injured.

I'm not expecting the signees (escept Forbes) to offer much on the court. It is the professionalism and experience they can offer the young professionals off the court I am most looking forward to (practicing hard, being on time, getting in the gym, diet, rest, not staying in the clubs until 5am the night before a game, etc). Maybe I'm totally out of touch what truly happens on an NBA team but that is what I hope.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    is that an acronym?
    I appreciate the setup, but I got nothing.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie Vincent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel that some teams will stumble given the condensed season. I can see Boston dropping as it is hard to imagine the big three not missing a lot of games. Casey will hold players accountable, and the older players now with the team will do their part. Lastly I am looking at improved seasons for several of the players given time in the weight room or improving their games.

I vote for 25 wins this season.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    is that an acronym?
    Still Terrible And Consistently Krappy Especially on Defense?
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the optimism from some people on this thread but the raptors FAR from a playoff team this year. 11-14 wins at best. The Eastern Conference especially our division has gotten a lot better from the beginning of last season. Nets now have D-Will, Knicks have Carmelo and Stoudamire, Philladalphia can play as a team now and clearly have tter pieces then the Raptors and the Celtics finally have a decent bench to back up the ancient all-stars. Who do the raps have? A 7 footer who played well in one preseason game(good being only 8 rebounds) with a glimpse of defense and DeMar DeRozan the only potential All-star caliber player on our team but I give it atleast one more year until he's that kind of player. Bryan Collangelo said it himself that he knows this team isnt a playoff team but they were still gonna play there hardest and not throw the season for a good pick. I think this year's raptors will only win 11-14 at best, hope for a good lottery pick next year and with the addition of Valanciunas maybe then we can be a playoff team

Post Thanks / Like

Under 15.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    Yes, I am expecting the raptors to be 1 game above .500 as they have added a new coaching staff, have a young core that is maturing, and getting stronger, and have improved their defense by adding 5 players who are strong defenders to their team.

They have a deeper bench than last year, I think we will see improved play from all of our young players (davis, amir, bayless, derozan, bargnani, johnson), I also think that people are underestimating the potential effects of an improved defensive team under this new head coach.

I dont think 1 game over .500 for this team is out of the realm of reason, look at a team like Indiana they snuck into the playoffs last year, I dont really think they had a much better team than us. Look at Philadelphia the only difference between their team in 2010 and their team in 2009 was a coaching change that resulted in the team buying into defense.

Raptors are stacked.
    Last year the 5th seed was Atlanta with 44 wins, 6th was NY with 42 wins, 7th was PHI with 41 wins, and 8th was IND with 37 wins. One game over .500 puts Toronto in 7th seed last year. And who are we bumping out? And what about Milwaukee who had 35 wins and are looking much improved and much healthier. And what about Detroit who also have a blend of some nice young pieces, veteran talent, and a much improved head coaching situation? I'm just not seeing how Toronto surpasses any of these teams.

But as an aside, I hope Tim placed two orders because I would like a serving as well - lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GetUpBird wrote: View Post
    Don't forget to vote. 10 and under is very lonely on this poll.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I voted 15-18.

Although with the unknown nature of this team, I honestly can't come to a conclusion to how many wins I think the Raptors will win. My estimate went down a lot because I have only my own personal thoughts on the team in comparison to the league and the 2 preseason games. And obviously, whilst I'm stoked with the new "effort and defense" system, the team looks completely lost and unorganized on offense. And I just get a very random sensation when I watch the team, as in they seem very unpredictable. Before the preseason, I felt like the Raptors could win maybe 25-30 games, which is why I think I'd have a far clearer idea of where the season is going even 2-3 games in. I need to see the team play competitive games first.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. 25 people feel the Raptors will equal and better their win total from a year ago. With 16 less games to do it in.

I'm love peoples optimism! Very nice to see.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Wow. 25 people feel the Raptors will equal and better their win total from a year ago. With 16 less games to do it in.
    Thanks joey. I hadn't looked at the numbers hard enough to realize that. Definitley hard to see where the optimism is coming from.

If the two pre-season games are any indication it is going to take them till February to figure out which end of the floor the opposing teams basket is on.

Post Thanks / Like

man the offense is going to be so bad this year. hopefully coach casey hires a offensive minded coach to his staff to serve.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    man the offense is going to be so bad this year. hopefully coach casey hires a offensive minded coach to his staff to serve.
    Probably have spent 10mins total on offense when doing so much D coaching in practice. It says a lot about previous coaching when Casey says they may not get to teaching the zone defense until March because they have a LOT of work to do on the man-to-man.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not worried about the offense at all. The Celtics have the ability to make even great offensive teams look downright dysfunctional. Combine that with a new offensive system, new coaches, 5 new players, youth, and a shortened training camp, and I don't see any reason to think we'll be playing this way 10-15 games into the season. The offense will come in due time.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing is more important than starting to play the right way defensively this year. I'm not going to bother a lot about offense a lot this season, except for pg play of bayless.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

next year we'll have a full training camp with our drafted player and JV back. We'll be beasting starting off the season red hot and making it to the playoffs. Can't wait, we just got to endure 1 more season of development and then playoffs baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Funny world we live in with the top NBA teams competing for a championship and then the lower echelon competing for draft position. I read something today by a Rockets fan dreading the Dalembert signing might push the Rockets into an unwanted playoff spot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information