Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    is that an acronym?
    Still Terrible And Consistently Krappy Especially on Defense?
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

I appreciate the optimism from some people on this thread but the raptors FAR from a playoff team this year. 11-14 wins at best. The Eastern Conference especially our division has gotten a lot better from the beginning of last season. Nets now have D-Will, Knicks have Carmelo and Stoudamire, Philladalphia can play as a team now and clearly have tter pieces then the Raptors and the Celtics finally have a decent bench to back up the ancient all-stars. Who do the raps have? A 7 footer who played well in one preseason game(good being only 8 rebounds) with a glimpse of defense and DeMar DeRozan the only potential All-star caliber player on our team but I give it atleast one more year until he's that kind of player. Bryan Collangelo said it himself that he knows this team isnt a playoff team but they were still gonna play there hardest and not throw the season for a good pick. I think this year's raptors will only win 11-14 at best, hope for a good lottery pick next year and with the addition of Valanciunas maybe then we can be a playoff team

Comment

Under 15.

Comment

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
            Yes, I am expecting the raptors to be 1 game above .500 as they have added a new coaching staff, have a young core that is maturing, and getting stronger, and have improved their defense by adding 5 players who are strong defenders to their team.

They have a deeper bench than last year, I think we will see improved play from all of our young players (davis, amir, bayless, derozan, bargnani, johnson), I also think that people are underestimating the potential effects of an improved defensive team under this new head coach.

I dont think 1 game over .500 for this team is out of the realm of reason, look at a team like Indiana they snuck into the playoffs last year, I dont really think they had a much better team than us. Look at Philadelphia the only difference between their team in 2010 and their team in 2009 was a coaching change that resulted in the team buying into defense.

Raptors are stacked.
            Last year the 5th seed was Atlanta with 44 wins, 6th was NY with 42 wins, 7th was PHI with 41 wins, and 8th was IND with 37 wins. One game over .500 puts Toronto in 7th seed last year. And who are we bumping out? And what about Milwaukee who had 35 wins and are looking much improved and much healthier. And what about Detroit who also have a blend of some nice young pieces, veteran talent, and a much improved head coaching situation? I'm just not seeing how Toronto surpasses any of these teams.

But as an aside, I hope Tim placed two orders because I would like a serving as well - lol.

Comment

GetUpBird wrote: View Post
              Don't forget to vote. 10 and under is very lonely on this poll.

Comment

I voted 15-18.

Although with the unknown nature of this team, I honestly can't come to a conclusion to how many wins I think the Raptors will win. My estimate went down a lot because I have only my own personal thoughts on the team in comparison to the league and the 2 preseason games. And obviously, whilst I'm stoked with the new "effort and defense" system, the team looks completely lost and unorganized on offense. And I just get a very random sensation when I watch the team, as in they seem very unpredictable. Before the preseason, I felt like the Raptors could win maybe 25-30 games, which is why I think I'd have a far clearer idea of where the season is going even 2-3 games in. I need to see the team play competitive games first.

Comment

Wow. 25 people feel the Raptors will equal and better their win total from a year ago. With 16 less games to do it in.

I'm love peoples optimism! Very nice to see.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Wow. 25 people feel the Raptors will equal and better their win total from a year ago. With 16 less games to do it in.
                    Thanks joey. I hadn't looked at the numbers hard enough to realize that. Definitley hard to see where the optimism is coming from.

If the two pre-season games are any indication it is going to take them till February to figure out which end of the floor the opposing teams basket is on.

Comment

man the offense is going to be so bad this year. hopefully coach casey hires a offensive minded coach to his staff to serve.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        man the offense is going to be so bad this year. hopefully coach casey hires a offensive minded coach to his staff to serve.
                        Probably have spent 10mins total on offense when doing so much D coaching in practice. It says a lot about previous coaching when Casey says they may not get to teaching the zone defense until March because they have a LOT of work to do on the man-to-man.

Comment

I'm not worried about the offense at all. The Celtics have the ability to make even great offensive teams look downright dysfunctional. Combine that with a new offensive system, new coaches, 5 new players, youth, and a shortened training camp, and I don't see any reason to think we'll be playing this way 10-15 games into the season. The offense will come in due time.

Comment

Nothing is more important than starting to play the right way defensively this year. I'm not going to bother a lot about offense a lot this season, except for pg play of bayless.

Comment

next year we'll have a full training camp with our drafted player and JV back. We'll be beasting starting off the season red hot and making it to the playoffs. Can't wait, we just got to endure 1 more season of development and then playoffs baby!

Comment

Funny world we live in with the top NBA teams competing for a championship and then the lower echelon competing for draft position. I read something today by a Rockets fan dreading the Dalembert signing might push the Rockets into an unwanted playoff spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X