No announcement yet.

John Hollinger: Toronto Raptors Player Profiles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His maddening use of the wrong pivot foot seems to confuse defenders more than it screws up Bargnani...
    I always thought Bargnani's tripple threat stance looked very awkward, but could never pinpoint why. That is until I read this statement.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
      No he was right, it was last resort pass. Demar was locked out.
      nope your wrong.

Comment

his comments on Demar and Jerryd were off by quite a bit.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          his comments on Demar and Jerryd were off by quite a bit.
          Well, you can't be saying this based on their performance, because we all saw the game. So what is it you are basing this on. Have you been at the practices? Or are you actually Jerryd, posting in here as NoPropsneeded?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Well, you can't be saying this based on their performance, because we all saw the game. So what is it you are basing this on. Have you been at the practices? Or are you actually Jerryd, posting in here as NoPropsneeded?
            You can't base an entire season off a preseason game. i'm basing this off of their off season work and how they played last year. Here are my projected stats for Jerryd and DeMar

Jerryd

FG FGA 3P 3PA RB AST STL BLK TOV PTS FG% 3P% FT%

5.4 12.5 1.0 3.1 4.0 5.8 0.9 0.2 2.8 16.3 .430 .340 .818

DeMar

FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA RB AST STL BLK TOV PTS FG% 3P% FT%

7.0 14.8 1.6 3.4 4.0 5.1 4.5 2.3 1.1 0.7 1.7 23.4 .476 .342 .810
            Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Mon Dec 19, 2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

They may score a few more points than Hollinger projected, but everything he said about them were bang on.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

You can't base an entire season off a preseason game. i'm basing this off of their off season work and how they played last year. Here are my projected stats for Jerryd and DeMar

Jerryd

FG FGA 3P 3PA RB AST STL BLK TOV PTS FG% 3P% FT%

5.4 12.5 1.0 3.1 4.0 5.8 0.9 0.2 2.8 16.3 .430 .340 .818

DeMar

FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA RB AST STL BLK TOV PTS FG% 3P% FT%

7.0 14.8 1.6 3.4 4.0 5.1 4.5 2.3 1.1 0.7 1.7 23.4 .476 .342 .810
                not that it really matters, but i think you inverted your 3PA number for demar...1.6 made 3's out of 3.4 attempts (per game) equates to ~47%; you've indicated a projected 3pt % of 34%, which is 1.6/4.3. a little more realistic, but more than likely, overly so.
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                  not that it really matters, but i think you inverted your 3PA number for demar...1.6 made 3's out of 3.4 attempts (per game) equates to ~47%; you've indicated a projected 3pt % of 34%, which is 1.6/4.3. a little more realistic, but more than likely, overly so.
                  well its an average throughout the season. he isn't going to make the same amount of three's each game, some games he'll attempt more and some he'll attempt less.

Comment

btw those are per 36 mins

Comment

well its an average throughout the season. he isn't going to make the same amount of three's each game, some games he'll attempt more and some he'll attempt less.
                      I think yertu is assuming, like the rest of us, that those other numbers you listed are also averages, and thus, the percentages should work out.

yertu: btw, how did you spot that? Are you some kind of math whiz or just anal retentive?
                      Last edited by ebrian; Wed Dec 21, 2011, 03:07 PM.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Working...
                      X