Reggie's officially done in T-Dot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reggie's officially done in T-Dot.

The time Reggie Evans was a member of the Toronto Raptors is now officially over. He just signed a contract with the LA Clippers. Sad, cause I really liked his heart, hustle, intensity and leadership. But I'm happy for him, anyway. Clips are gonna do good this year.

Good thing they got rid of Kaman before signing Reggie, or these things might have been awkward.

The Clippers are close to signing veteran free agent forward/center Reggie Evans to a one-year deal for about $1.3 million, according to a basketball executive who was not authorized to speak publicly about the deal.
    LINK
    Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Dec 20, 2011, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Why the hell aren't we offering him 2 million contract? He's well worth it.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        The time Reggie Evans was a member of the Toronto Raptors is now officially over. He just signed a contract with the LA Clippers. Sad, cause I really liked his heart, hustle, intensity and leadership. But I'm happy for him, anyway. Clips are gonna do good this year.
        The Clippers are going to take a big jump this season. They just keep building and building. Too bad they have such crummy ownership.

Comment

Reggie Evans was one of my favorite Raptors, but he highlighted a really sas fact about the Toronto Raptors. We have all become so complacent with the lackluster efforts put forth by Raptor players over the years (with the exception of Oak, JYD and Garbo), that a one-dimensional player like Reggie who provided little more than rebounding, hustle, and verteran leadership, became one of the most beloved Raptors in recent memory. He absolutely killed himself every time he stepped on the court for the Raptors, and managed to do it with a smile.
          Following what Apollo said, I agree that the Clips have taken a big jump forward this season, but I really wonder if they overpaid for Paul. I know common logic states that if you get the better player in the deal, then you won, but that trade has too many holes. They got a servicable center, a quality young small forward, and a star in the making. If Minny manages to keep with their recent history of underachieving (not guaranteed, but never count out the Kahn), then a high draft pick in a stacked draft seems like an awful lot for a player with 2 years left on his contract with shaky knees and a love affair with NYC.

Comment

All the best to Reggie
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Will Jordan and Evans ever see the floor at the same time?

It is great on defense but on offense it suddenly becomes 3 on 5.... well 3.5 on 5 because Jordan can always receive a lob.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Will Jordan and Evans ever see the floor at the same time?

It is great on defense but on offense it suddenly becomes 3 on 5.... well 3.5 on 5 because Jordan can always receive a lob.
                With Blake and Paul as the other two guys on the court... I'm sure they'd do just fine

However I would imagine that Reggie is really just a replacement for Kaman. So I suspect he'd play the 5 when Jordan is on the bench.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  With Blake and Paul as the other two guys on the court... I'm sure they'd do just fine

However I would imagine that Reggie is really just a replacement for Kaman. So I suspect he'd play the 5 when Jordan is on the bench.
                  So who is playing SF: Evans, Blake, or Jordan? :P

I agree, Reggie is depth.

Comment

Reggie is all heart and hustle and I really enjoyed his time as a Raptor. As much as I will miss him, there are some vets to replace him in the locker room, and hopefully under Casey rebounding will be improved overall. As for the Clippers it was a bold move to get Paul and the addition of Reggie just adds to their depth. He can teach some of the younger players a few tricks or two. I wish Reggie well, and his addition to the clippers will only enhance my reasons for catching some of their games when I can.

Just a short note to wish Kris Humphries well in New Jersey. He is leaving a media circus and hopefully he can have a good season and put the last 12 months behind him. I personally don't feel Kim is that hot. She is much too chunky for my taste.

Comment

Retire Reggies Jersey!

Comment

happy for reggie...it's a good situation for him, he'll get PT as one of the first bigs off the bench, and that team - despite the addition of paul & CB - is still very young, and need some vets; doesn't hurt that they're also filling a big need. they'll benefit from his on-court hustle/energy, as well as his off-court influence.
                        TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Hello wrote: View Post
                          Retire Reggies Jersey!
                          While we're at it, we should retire Pops' jersey as well

Comment

Goodbye Reggie

Good luck in all that you do.
                            You'll be missed.
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I guess we can look at it in the sense that we've added some other veterans to help the young guys along and Ed Davis should have a chance to do some Reggie leauge rebounding as he develops. The plus side is that Ed should be more durable. Still, I'm going to miss Reggie in terms of being a stats junkie and as pure Entertainment to watch. All the best to him and I think he's gone to a real exciting team, which is great. All the best Reggie!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X