ESPN Insider East Rankings: Raptors 13th out of 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    if/when howard gets traded orlando instantly becomes the worst team in the league
    I see them going 14-9 before the trade and 11-32 after it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I see them going 14-9 before the trade and 11-32 after it.
      if/when howard gets traded orlando instantly becomes the worst team in the league
      Sorta hard to say this, considering we don't know who he'll be traded for..? No?

Comment

Orlando is way too high
        I don't know. I mean they have a starting lineup of D12, Glen Davis, Hedont, Jason Richardson and Jameer Nelson. Then they have Hughes, Redick, Duhon and Clark coming off the bench. That's good for 8th seed in the east for sure if Howard isn't distracted.

Comment

It's so hard to gauge due to the shortened season, and all the back to backs... but if Howard does get traded to NJ.. I would love to see Miami play NJ in the first round.

Talk about complete opposites.. Miami has no center or PG, and NJ has no wing or PF (assuming NJ pillages their team to get Howard). I'd think Miami wins due to their depth and chemistry... but it would be an interesting match up.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Sorta hard to say this, considering we don't know who he'll be traded for..? No?

The team is average with the best C in the league. Take the best C of the league out of that team and replace him with an average one and the team is crap..... in my opinion. I'm only giving an opinion much as ESPN did.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I don't know. I mean they have a starting lineup of D12, Glen Davis, Hedont, Jason Richardson and Jameer Nelson. Then they have Hughes, Redick, Duhon and Clark coming off the bench. That's good for 8th seed in the east for sure if Howard isn't distracted.
              Don't forget Ryan Anderson. He's probably one of the most underrated players in the league.

Comment

No point writing the whole list.

Few points: I still don't see a starting pg for the Knicks that I like. So they're probably around 5 or 6 in my eyes. The Hawks lost a pretty important part, so I have them around 7. And Orlando, with all this turmoil, has got to fall to around 8.

For some reason, I think Boston will be a top 4 seed in the East. They have the parts -- they're just old. My guess is that becomes more relevant in the playoffs.

I actually have the Raps around 11 or 12. From 10-15 will be close this year, but, this is the first time in a while the Raps have little personnel turnover. That, and their youth will allow them to be slightly more bearable than expected.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  Few points: I still don't see a starting pg for the Knicks that I like. So they're probably around 5 or 6 in my eyes. The Hawks lost a pretty important part, so I have them around 7. And Orlando, with all this turmoil, has got to fall to around 8.
                  The Knicks don't need a realy pointguard with Stoudemire and Anthony on the team. They basically just need someone to bring the ball up the floor who can play defense and shoot the 3 to spread the floor. Toney Douglas can do exactly that.

Comment

Until D'amntoni decides to preach defense, NY won't be better than 6th in the conference.

My rankings...
                    1.Chicago
                    2. Miami
                    3. Philly
                    4. Orlando
                    5. Boston
                    6. Ny
                    7. Indiana
                    8. Atlanta
                    9. Milwaukee
                    10.New Jersey
                    11. Detroit
                    12. Toronto
                    13. Washington
                    14. Cleveland
                    15. Charlotte
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Ryan Anderson is starting.

Comment

I'm watching Orlando and Miami right now and Orlando is looking GREAT.
                        Jameer Nelson and Jason Richardson are lighting it up and Big Baby is looking pretty trim and VERY effective.

Assuming they get a package equal to Eric Gordon, Chris Kaman and Aminu for Howard, I think they'll still be competitive for 6th in the East.

Prime wrote: View Post
                        Ryan Anderson is starting.
                        BIG fan of Ryan Anderson.
                        He's basically on the path that I'd hoped Bargnani would develop into.

Comment

'blackjitsu wrote:
                          Few points: I still don't see a starting pg for the Knicks that I like. So they're probably around 5 or 6 in my eyes. The Hawks lost a pretty important part, so I have them around 7. And Orlando, with all this turmoil, has got to fall to around 8.'

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          The Knicks don't need a realy pointguard with Stoudemire and Anthony on the team. They basically just need someone to bring the ball up the floor who can play defense and shoot the 3 to spread the floor. Toney Douglas can do exactly that.
                          no love for a motivated baron (assuming he returns relatively quickly, and relatively unscathed), playing in NY, in an up-tempo offense, with melo & stat & chandler?

the garden is gonna luuuuuv him, and he feeds off that. we remember fat, slow, don't-give-a-shit baron davis from the clips & cavs, but put him in an electric environment like NY/MSG, and he goes nuts (in a good way).

agree re. D, which is why i don't see them as a top-6 team, but i think they are (at worst) solid, esp with the backcourt solidified by BD. and if you had to pick a team outside the top-5 to pull an upset in the playoffs???
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

The Knicks have a great ball-stopper at the point, Douglas, and great post defender, Chandler. In addition, their rebounding should be good. I don't think they'll have a defensive problem. They don't have a distributor at the point, and that's a problem. I'd like to see them get Nash.

Comment

Baron davis is chunky.

Comment

I'm trying to understand why all the Philly love? ESPN ranked them 5th.. others have said 3rd or 4th. They basically have the same team as last year, and they were .500, and in the playoffs they got spanked by the Heat. I think they'll be ranked 8th.. but will be a fringe team competing with Milwaukee, NJ and Atlanta to make the playoffs.

Am I missing something?

Comment

Working...
                                X