Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raptors exhibition game Wednesday, December 21

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This game has shown me that Bayless is no where near my expectations that maybe he could become our PG of the future.

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bayless looked horrible tonight well everyone did...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

At about 4 or 5 minutes into the game Tommy Heinsohn said "It's going to be a long season for the Raptors" at the exact moment I was thinking just that.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't get a chance to watch the game. Saw a bit of the first quarter, but then had to stop.

Looks like Bargnani came back down to earth, well at least in terms of his rebounds. Alabi got 5 minutes! He almost had as many rebounds as Bargnani. How did he look?

Post Thanks / Like

whoa derozen had 10 rebounds?
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Derozan 39 minutes? Did preseason end at half time and only Casey knew about it?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ryanc123 wrote: View Post
    This game has shown me that Bayless is no where near my expectations that maybe he could become our PG of the future.
    One thing everyone should note: Bayless had a plus/minus of +8 even though we lost by 8.
    Only one other player (JJ) had a positive +/-.
    I know he shot poorly, and had a quite a few fouls, but that stat stands out to me.

Just for another comparison, Calderon had -18, and Rondo also had +8.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hello wrote: View Post
    One thing everyone should note: Bayless had a plus/minus of +8 even though we lost by 8.
    Only one other player (JJ) had a positive +/-.
    I know he shot poorly, and had a quite a few fouls, but that stat stands out to me.

Just for another comparison, Calderon had -18, and Rondo also had +8.
    +/- is usually a more useful tool when looking at a large number of games. It's hard to draw conclusions from one game using +/-.

Although this applies to all stats, +/- seems especially inaccurate with less games played.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hello wrote: View Post
    One thing everyone should note: Bayless had a plus/minus of +8...Just for another comparison, Calderon had -18, and Rondo also had +8.
    So Bayless is as good as Rondo? Don't even go there or you will be sent for blood testing.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

thoughts on DeMar's move after he was stripped of the ball? Tripped the guy, didn't look at him and then walked over his head. I had to replay it just to see that he actually went over and not around. Then again, it was a stream so I guess I didn't replay it but the angry french people did. Call it what you will but it's exactly the reaction to the Celtics that we've been accused of missing for the past few years

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    +/- is usually a more useful tool when looking at a large number of games. It's hard to draw conclusions from one game using +/-.

Although this applies to all stats, +/- seems especially inaccurate with less games played.
    However, it still tells you that the team out-scored Boston when Bayless was on the floor, in this single game, by 8 points. Which is useful, considering we lost by quite a bit. It tells me that the team played farely well when he is on the floor.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    thoughts on DeMar's move after he was stripped of the ball? Tripped the guy, didn't look at him and then walked over his head. I had to replay it just to see that he actually went over and not around. Then again, it was a stream so I guess I didn't replay it but the angry french people did. Call it what you will but it's exactly the reaction to the Celtics that we've been accused of missing for the past few years
    I didn't see the game, but even if DeMar stomped on his head, I would be proud of him
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:56 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    However, it still tells you that the team out-scored Boston when Bayless was on the floor, in this single game, by 8 points. Which is useful, considering we lost by quite a bit. It tells me that the team played farely well when he is on the floor.
    Yeah I agree... Bayless also had a positive +/- in their first game as well. I think that tells us that he is doing a good job on the defensive end, but in terms of offensive production, I'm not sure.. we still only managed to score 73pts, after we only scored 75 in the first game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Yes, but it doesn't tell you if Bayless had much (if anything) to do with it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, but it doesn't tell you if Bayless had much (if anything) to do with it.
    Although that is true, when everyone else had a negative influence, then it is more likely that he did have something to do with it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    So Bayless is as good as Rondo? Don't even go there or you will be sent for blood testing.
    I did not say that. What I implied was that according to this one stat, Bayless had as much of a positive impact on the game than Rondo.
    I did not say he was better, nor did I( say he played better. I simply made a comparison, for one stat in one game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    Bayless also had a positive +/- in their first game as well. I think that tells us that he is doing a good job on the defensive end...
    I don't think we can draw this conclusion from +/-. Bayless +8, for all we know, had more to do with his 4 teammates on the floor (or the inferior lineup Boston put out), than anything Bayless did himself. +/- from one game just doesn't seem as concrete as other stats, IMO.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Thu Dec 22nd, 2011 at 10:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we can draw this conclusion from +/-. Bayless +8, for all we know, had more to do with his 4 teammates on the floor (or the inferior lineup Boston put out), than anything Bayless did himself. +/- from one game just doesn't seem as concrete as other stats, IMO.
    The inferior Boston lineup might have had something to do with it....

Look, when a PG shoots 4-16, 0-5 from 3, with 2 AST and 2 TOs, there is really no need to debate the merits of +/-. That's an awful game. Full stop.

It says something about how bad this team is that people are looking at that stat line and finding a silver lining.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The inferior Boston lineup might have had something to do with it....

Look, when a PG shoots 4-16, 0-5 from 3, with 2 AST and 2 TOs, there is really no need to debate the merits of +/-. That's an awful game. Full stop.

It says something about how bad this team is that people are looking at that stat line and finding a silver lining.
    I think this whole season is about trying to find the silver lining

Post Thanks / Like

Not to pick on Bayless, the whole team was awful. This is a team struggling to find an identity with no one and nothing to fall back on - they don't do anything well. We knew it was going to be bad but the reality is... striking.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information