Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Pacers: Wednesday, December 28

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Indiana Pacers: Wednesday, December 28

Arse has a good write up on the RR homepage.

Should be a good game. I am looking forward to see Paul George play.

This game will be a good test as they are certainly a much better team than Cleveland.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going down to the game, but I've gotta try to either grab from the box office or off of a scalper. I'm not trying to get ripped off just because it's the Home Opener though. Anyone know "a guy"?

Raptors Republic All-Star stretch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone shed some light on the reasoning behind the 6 pm start?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Can anyone shed some light on the reasoning behind the 6 pm start?
    I don't remember where I read it but someone at MLSE (I think it was them) was fans would rather an earlier start during Christmas week.

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't remember where I read it but someone at MLSE (I think it was them) was fans would rather an earlier start during Christmas week.
    I'm totally speculating here, but it could have something to do with the world juniors too.. I'd much prefer to watch Canada play than the Raptors, and that's not to hate on the Raptors, I just think it'd be a better game (Canada plays at 8).

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    I'm totally speculating here, but it could have something to do with the world juniors too.. I'd much prefer to watch Canada play than the Raptors, and that's not to hate on the Raptors, I just think it'd be a better game (Canada plays at 8).
    I personally don't understand the hype around the Juniors. Yes, I cheer for Canada, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if we don't win gold.

Give me professional sports any day.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Wrong fan forum! Give me the Raptors any day and twice on Sunday.

Just joking with you - to each their own.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a stream somewhere?

EDIT: I think I found one http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/6569...-December-28th

Post Thanks / Like

It will be an interesting game. The Pacers are in that middle tier of teams (low seed playoff teams), so they should be a good test for the Raptors. I only saw bits and pieces of the Cavs game but there were some worrying numbers in spite of the win. Very curious to see how the interior defense holds up tonight against a much better frontline than the Cavs. Also interested to see our wings defend against Granger and George.

There have been some ugly games against the PAcers the last couple years. Would like to see something more competitive tonight. Also, it would be good if the Raps could win the home opener for the fans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote zazinteractive wrote: View Post
    Is there a stream somewhere?

EDIT: I think I found one http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/6569...-December-28th
    firstrowsports.com

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Where did the main page go?

can't see it?...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    firstrowsports.com
    Thanks. This one has better quality http://www.firstrowsports.tv/watch/9...na-pacers.html

Post Thanks / Like

a GARY FORBES sighting!
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Bargs with a hell of a pass, wow
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Wrong fan forum! Give me the Raptors any day and twice on Sunday.

Just joking with you - to each their own.
    Hey, don't get me wrong, I love basketball.. It's my favorite sport to play, but based on the players we have and where we stand in the league (pretty close to last is the agreed consensus?), I think watching some talented prospects play hockey for our country would probably be more exciting for me.

And to answer why I watch the world juniors.. It's mainly to see guys coming up in the draft, since I don't really care enough about hockey other than the Leafs to follow minor league teams and what not. And hey, it's fun to cheer for Canada.

Anyways, about the game tonight.. The Raps have turned it over way too many times, and they haven't really shot the ball well.. Derozan couldn't get a shot to drop before the 4th quarter, but he's seemingly the only one scoring now, nice effort. I'm probably going to say this alot, but Bayless.. He has to pass too, idc if he's shot the ball well, the majority of the time he won't although he'll keep shooting.. 1 assist in 18 mins and 9 shots taken, even though Calderon hasn't shot the ball well, I'd still rather him in than Bayless because he's always looking for his teammates on offense rather than shooting it every time the ball's in his hands.

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan two 3's in the 4th!! Lighting it up!! Love it!
    I think he's officially added that to his arsenal.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

Decent performance against a very good squad. Too little too late, though. Derozen did well but he needs to create for others more.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default too many mistakes tonight

Effort was there but man they let the ball drop literally 1 too many times. So many turnovers and early fouls. Bayless doesn't know how to create except for himself and if he's cold thats a sore sight. They need to have a better back to the basket game.... get Ed Davis involved more... Bargs back to his normal self with the lack of rebounds, though I did see 1 offensive rebound i was impressed with. and on his offense its nice to see he's not settling for the jumper and driving it instead.... still lots needs to be cleaned up after this game.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon was atrocious today. So was DeRozan except in the 4th. Bargnani honestly carried the team.

Add Val, our lotto pick and a good FA signing and we're far better than these Pacers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buschfire wrote: View Post
    get Ed Davis involved more... Bargs back to his normal self with the lack of rebounds, though I did see 1 offensive rebound i was impressed with. and on his offense its nice to see he's not settling for the jumper and driving it instead.... still lots needs to be cleaned up after this game.
    I'd like to see more Ed as well. But as soon as Bargs and Amir left in the first Q with 2 early fouls each that was a bad sign of things to come.

I was happy with Andrea's effort overall, even though it didn't show in his stats. He was battling for the most part on the boards.

DeRozan looked great again in the fourth, but I'd love to see him bring it from the beginning which I know will come.

Paul George looked great from the beginning(I let you have him in that draft Matt!), and Granger had too many open looks.

If we play like this throughout the season I'll be satisfied at the end of the day I think. Not that I like losing but at least they showed heart to climb back in it.

Thread Information