Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Derrick Williams for Manu Ginobili

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Derrick Williams for Manu Ginobili

    Who got the better end of the deal? (Head - to - head , 12 team league)

    Derrick Williams, Roy Hibbert and Jose Calderon for Manu Ginobili, Kemba Walker and Ben Gordon

  2. #2
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I keep hearing Ben Gordon is getting a bigger role this year but I don't know if I believe it. Tough call. I'd need to see the rest of your team.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It is a tough call indeed; roles and playing time of Williams, Walker and Gordon are up in the air. And it's not unlikely that Ginobili will get some rest at least at the end of the season which will kill his owners in the play-offs of head to head leagues. This is something to keep in mind especially this year.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whoever got Hibbert and Williams (and Calderon) definitely got the better deal in my opinion.

    Hibbert gives you all of the big man Stats, Williams is Potential (likely) ROY and Calderon gives you good efficiency, very low TOs and good overall PG numbers.

    Manu is crumbling, and Kemba Walker and Ben Gordon will likely only add Scoring and minor additions to other Cats.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't agree about Hibbert. His shooting percentage is below 50%, which I don't like for my bigs when they don't give plusses in other categories (including 'out of position' stats). His rebounding isn't that good either; last year (his best) 7,5 a game. His freethrow percentage is at abou 75%. So basically all he is a plus in, is in blocks; last year 1,8 per game.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I don't agree about Hibbert. His shooting percentage is below 50%, which I don't like for my bigs when they don't give plusses in other categories (including 'out of position' stats). His rebounding isn't that good either; last year (his best) 7,5 a game. His freethrow percentage is at abou 75%. So basically all he is a plus in, is in blocks; last year 1,8 per game.
    Under Frank Vogel, in the latter part of the season his numbers were significantly better.
    I'm going to guess his numbers are much improved this season.

    (And 75% from the Line for C is actually pretty good.)

    I never said he's a good 1st Center, but he's certainly a good pick-up to have as your off-day Center, and certainly better than having Kemba Walker on your team. (Not a slight against Kemba. I think he'll have a good Rookie campaign.)
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Under Frank Vogel, in the latter part of the season his numbers were significantly better.
    I'm going to guess his numbers are much improved this season.

    (And 75% from the Line for C is actually pretty good.)

    I never said he's a good 1st Center, but he's certainly a good pick-up to have as your off-day Center, and certainly better than having Kemba Walker on your team. (Not a slight against Kemba. I think he'll have a good Rookie campaign.)
    Didn't think to check his stats under Vogel, you know what they were? My comment is in light of the trade; I don't mind Hibbert, but, like I said, looking at his overall stats last season (and before), he doesn't give a lot you want from the center position. So, basically you just play him for the blocks (and rebounds). The 75% isn't bad for a center, but still hurts you. In a trade like this I'd be more confident with an upgrade over Hibbert in this trade at this stage of the season. Otherwise I'd just wait and see (if I can get more value for Ginobili who might be up there in the fantasy rankings).

    And ... did you just start smack talk before we even have a match up Just wait and see what numbers Kemba is going to put up when we play each othter (if I haven't dropped him yet ...).

  8. #8
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bahahah I didn't even realize you had Kemba!
    That's too funny.

    I guess I'm looking at Hibbert from the Standpoint of someone who's got, (besides Horford) Brendan Haywood and Brandon Bass at Center.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,917
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Bahahah I didn't even realize you had Kemba!
    That's too funny.

    I guess I'm looking at Hibbert from the Standpoint of someone who's got, (besides Horford) Brendan Haywood and Brandon Bass at Center.
    Yeah, you didn't know ... just talked to my team, and they are so pissed off! On the blackboard in the dressingroom I put up 'March 5 - March 11' in giant red letters. Kemba even punched a hole in the wall and cried out "Who is this Joey you keep talking about! Who is this insane man! He thinks Hibbert is better than me, HIBBERT!" Should have kept quiet Joey, really should.

    Looking forward to the center part of our match-up! I got Andrew Bynum, Stoudemire, Brand, Nene and Varejao (injury free?). All 5 I'd prefer (a lot) over Hibbert. My 6th center is Tyrus Thomas whom I probably wouldn't trade for Hibbert either untill further in the season because of his upside and my full line-up of good starting centers.

  10. #10
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Yeah, you didn't know ... just talked to my team, and they are so pissed off! On the blackboard in the dressingroom I put up 'March 5 - March 11' in giant red letters. Kemba even punched a hole in the wall and cried out "Who is this Joey you keep talking about! Who is this insane man! He thinks Hibbert is better than me, HIBBERT!"
    Hahahaha
    Well played sir. Well played.

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Looking forward to the center part of our match-up! I got Andrew Bynum, Stoudemire, Brand, Nene and Varejao (injury free?). All 5 I'd prefer (a lot) over Hibbert. My 6th center is Tyrus Thomas whom I probably wouldn't trade for Hibbert either untill further in the season because of his upside and my full line-up of good starting centers.
    Ya ya Whatever. :P Rub it in why don't you.
    I'd trade any Center I have except for Horford to get Hibbert. (Amir isn't Usable as a Center. Very frustrating. Hopefully that will be changed.)
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is my roster:

  12. #12
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Based on that I wouldn't do the deal. You don't need another PG or center. Manu gets underrated far too often. Don't do that trade, thats my take on it.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    what do u think i need to improve on?
    FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

  14. #14
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,642
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Blocks stand out as a cat you could address. I think you have a fairly solid squad. I would recommend rolling with that team for at least a week or two and get a good feel for it.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm pulling a trade:
    Stuckey + Sammy D for my Rubio and Kemba Walker


    What do you think?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •