Raps tied for first place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps tied for first place

I know it's one game but sounds good doesn't it?

1 win

First game, this is what I think

DeRozan - hasn't proven that he can be a 20 scoring guy since preseason, possibly due to Casey's defensive style of player (let's hope he won't bolt

Calderon - he's a keeper, plays his hearts out, could definitely be a poor man's Steve Nash, keep him as a backup if we draft either Kendall Marshall or Kabongo next year or trade for Westbrook

Bargnani -keep him for at least a year or midseason before making a blockbuster trade

Barbosa - being himself, did a fantastic job

Amir Johnson - being himself, did a fantastic job, possibly use as a trade bait if we land one of Drummond or A.Davis

E.Davis - big improvement over last year, he should start for this team at the PF position instead of Amir and have Andrea play C

Bayless - he seems lost, possibly will be involve in a blockbuster trade in the midseason

J.Johnson - meh

Scrubs -

Conclusion: We desperately need a 3 (SF), there is no way, J.Johnson or R.Butler can play the 3 for long, as a backup or third stringer but we will have to wait for G.Forbes or L.Kleiza.
    Last edited by tenforthewin; Wed Dec 28, 2011, 01:49 AM.

Comment

It's going to last until tomorrow
      Foot Locker Deals

Comment

Pacers are going to be tough, they blew out Detroit and have a solid core down there. They're probably the best "up and coming" team in the East.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          Pacers are going to be tough, they blew out Detroit and have a solid core down there. They're probably the best "up and coming" team in the East.
          Agreed. I say they're the new Atlanta Hawks in terms being a threat for the 4/5 spot for a few years, but not really a threat for the title.

Comment

i remember Atlanta Hawks the so called "athletic team" that blown the raps many times.........-sign-
            I hope Indiana will do the same XD

We will be number 1!.....in the draft woot

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              1 win

DeRozan - hasn't proven that he can be a 20 scoring guy since preseason, possibly due to Casey's defensive style of player (let's hope he won't bolt

Calderon - he's a keeper, plays his hearts out, could definitely be a poor man's Steve Nash, keep him as a backup if we draft either Kendall Marshall or Kabongo next year or trade for Westbrook

Bargnani -keep him for at least a year or midseason before making a blockbuster trade

Amir Johnson - being himself, did a fantastic job, possibly use as a trade bait if we land one of Drummond or A.Davis

E.Davis - big improvement over last year, he should start for this team at the PF position instead of Amir and have Andrea play C

Bayless - he seems lost, possibly will be involve in a blockbuster trade in the midseason

J.Johnson - meh

Scrubs -

Conclusion: We desperately need a 3 (SF), there is no way, J.Johnson or R.Butler can play the 3 for long, as a backup or third stringer but we will have to wait for G.Forbes or L.Kleiza.
              I agree with you. great point.

Comment

Pacers have a couple key players questionable for tonihgts game. Raps played a solid game on monday. Go Raps. show your support guys.

Comment

+1. They've quietly gone about their business in snagging young controllable and high upside pieces. Paul George also looks like the real deal. This will be a very tough game for the Raps.
                  “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                    1 win

J.Johnson - meh
                    Scrubs -

JJ meh? He was absolutely excellent in that game. He was a defensive powerhouse and didn't try to do too much offensively (and Karma rewarded with with that 3 at the end of the shot clock). He was this teams 2nd best player after Jose that game (and thats saying alot with the way Amir and Ed played)

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                      i remember Atlanta Hawks the so called "athletic team" that blown the raps many times.........-sign-
                      I hope Indiana will do the same XD

We will be number 1!.....in the draft woot
                      I don't agree with this sentiment though of course I understand the reasoning. I like what I saw in the first game. Casey is going to do his best to compete though the roster has it's limitations. If the Raptors weren't keen to compete, I would see no reason to watch the Raptors this season or the next few for that matter. It's the competition that creates the interest. Being in the draft lottery year after year is no guarantee of success as there is lots of proof of this.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                        I don't agree with this sentiment though of course I understand the reasoning. I like what I saw in the first game. Casey is going to do his best to compete though the roster has it's limitations. If the Raptors weren't keen to compete, I would see no reason to watch the Raptors this season or the next few for that matter. It's the competition that creates the interest. Being in the draft lottery year after year is no guarantee of success as there is lots of proof of this.
                        Could not agree with you more. thank you for pointing out the fact that the raps should playt o win, not the lottery. Whoever the Nba feels bad for will win the lottery and that is not the Raps. lol

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
                          JJ meh? He was absolutely excellent in that game. He was a defensive powerhouse and didn't try to do too much offensively (and Karma rewarded with with that 3 at the end of the shot clock). He was this teams 2nd best player after Jose that game (and thats saying alot with the way Amir and Ed played)
                          One of the questions of the year is what JJ can do with his offensive lapses. If he can cut down the turnovers, he becomes a very useful piece. I like his hustle and style. Plus, he is very well spoken and carries himself well. Looks like a character guy with all the tools necessary. If he can get his head game aligned with his physical skills, he will be a keeper, at least as a role player.

He has mentioned a couple of times that "defensive stopper" is what is on his "role card." Casey has written up role cards for all the players, so they know where and how they fit into the team. When they step outside of their "role" then Casey will plant them back on the bench. Seems like a great idea. I haven't heard of other coaches doing this.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                            Could not agree with you more. thank you for pointing out the fact that the raps should playt o win, not the lottery. Whoever the Nba feels bad for will win the lottery and that is not the Raps. lol
                            Just the same, the Raptors are lottery candidates and if they get the tenth pick instead of the third pick they will still get a quality player none the less in this upcoming draft.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post

Players and coaches should never tank. They should always give 100% no matter what and try to win every single game. If they do not, then they should be fired/traded/waived as soon as possible.

It is the job of the front office and GM to tank - which they appear to have taken their job very seriously this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X