Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Pacers: Wednesday, December 28

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 @ mack north

Post Thanks / Like

Bargs did some things well and played with more fire but he still doesn't rebound or have a clue what to do when it comes to rotating defensively or where to be. I'd like to see them start Ed and swap their minutes and see what kind of outcome there'd be.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Paul George is going to be a hell of a player in 2-3 years.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Paul George is going to be a hell of a player in 2-3 years.
    I think he'll be excellent by the end of this season... errr, next month!

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs did some things well and played with more fire but he still doesn't rebound or have a clue what to do when it comes to rotating defensively or where to be. I'd like to see them start Ed and swap their minutes and see what kind of outcome there'd be.
    Actually it looked like his rotations were exactly the way Casey wants them to be. Pacers had some very good shooting...no fault of Bargnani's.

I have hated Magloire for over 10 years for his refusal to play for Canada, but if he keeps giving like I have seen from him in the 2 preseason and two regular season games then I will forgive him a lot.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan turned into kobe bryant in the fourth quarter. This was only game 2 though, expect Derozan to continue improving throughout the season. Bayless played like crap and there were too many turnovers, Ed needs way more time on the floor. Right now offense is starting to be a concern, we've focused soo much on defense that our offense is start to get bad. We need better plays and more ball movement. We also need big improvement in our back to basket game, we got literally no one that can post up and pound down low. Ed davis has the skills down there but is really lacking the strength. Once val comes over we'll have good post presence and a good balance of inside outside game. if we draft a Stud SF we'll be a lot better than the pacers. The PG position is a big concern right now. Calderon is good but bayless is really bad at passing, we need to address that position this off season or the draft.

Post Thanks / Like

the game was fun but a heartbreaker. i think we'll be able to topple the old dallas team and might have some struggles with the games after that.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the raps are the exact slump buster they're looking for
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Decent performance against a very good squad. Too little too late, though. Derozen did well but he needs to create for others more.
    When your coach tells you come in and go win the game, and you're a Shooting Guard, that doesn't mean "go get your teammates involved". He had a great game.
    When you've got Calderon dishing it around like he does, the rest of the players roles is to finish.
    (Bargnani had some VERY nice passes tonight as well.)
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

joey is right. DeRozan came in to go HAM and win the game Not distribute the ball. You think phil jackson used to tell kobe to go in and pass the ball? F*** that demars role is to drop as many points as he can and play some D. Once we draft our SF and Val comes over we'll have our big 3 right here. DeRozan, Barnes/Miller/KG/P.Jones, Big V

Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Thu Dec 29th, 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: season opener not properly uploaded

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Dec 28th, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

there was no point in posting that. I have the full highlights posted up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    there was no point in posting that. I have the full highlights posted up
    For people who want to source a specific play or watch a specific play and not the whole highlights...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see more Ed as well. But as soon as Bargs and Amir left in the first Q with 2 early fouls each that was a bad sign of things to come.

I was happy with Andrea's effort overall, even though it didn't show in his stats. He was battling for the most part on the boards.

DeRozan looked great again in the fourth, but I'd love to see him bring it from the beginning which I know will come.

Paul George looked great from the beginning(I let you have him in that draft Matt!), and Granger had too many open looks.

If we play like this throughout the season I'll be satisfied at the end of the day I think. Not that I like losing but at least they showed heart to climb back in it.
    hee hee hee

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not totally in agreement on the rotations. I thought he did alright - he certainly did not stand out.

Rebounding I agree. He needs to practice catching and squeezing above his head. There were at least 2 rebounds he coulda/shoulda had if he just held tight.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    hee hee hee
    $3 you got him for! lol I left the draft with $10 in my bank...

Post Thanks / Like

To anyone who has followed the Raptors the last few years the idea of Casey winning coach of the year is not so absurd (at least to me) anymore.

There is no doubt this is still a work in progress but the progress is definitely showing. There were plenty of hiccups and mistakes along the way but there were a few sequences, especially in the first half, when the Raptors defense was a thing of beauty.

Bargnani had 5 assists (I know, and just 4 rebounds).

I don't care Bayless shot 5/9, he didn't play how I would like my PG to play and I am not sure he has it in him to do so. 64 games to prove me wrong, Jerryd.

James Johnson: 6 points, 8 rebs, 6 stls, 2 blks, 1 to, 5 fouls, 29 minutes. I hope he stays a part of the Raptors as long as possible. He and eventually Amir will be great coming off the bench.

I admit I was 100% wrong on Jamaal Magloire. He has added toughness and a presence I'm not sure the Raptors have had since Oakley.... too bad his bball skills are on life support.

It would be nice for ED to get more minutes but, honestly, he didn't deserve them in this game given his play in the time he got.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Actually thinking about the game more I can think of 3 situations where Bargnani could have done a much better job on D:

1) he rotated to cover the baseline and did a half-assed, tip-toed, arm up contest on a short baseline jumper - West I believe.
    2) good hedge of the screen but lazy recover for Hansbrough to nail the jumper.
    3) decent hedge, much better recovery on Hansbrough, but he put his arm down and Hansbrough nailed a 2nd jumper from same spot, back-to-back.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information