Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Mavericks: Friday, December 30

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dallas Mavericks: Friday, December 30

A showdown for the ages:

Dirk vs. Bargs

It is not very often in recent memory when you have Toronto facing Dallas with a better record.

(joking on the showdown)

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors got a great shot tonight to surprise this Dallas team. Dallas played 3 solid teams and lost every game (heartbreaker last night) so I think they are not gonna respect the Raptors as much as some of those teams, and we might just catch em off guard. All the Raptors need to do is play defence. The Mavs do not have as many three point shooters like they did last year, and their defence has not been the same. I think Bayless is going to have a nice night going up against some slower point guards. The key players for the Raptors are James Johnson and Rasual Butler, playing at the three taking on Odom and Marion. Matchup nightmares. All Bargs has to do tonight is play D but maybe Dwane Casey will throw some different looks at Dirk.

The true showdown of the ages:

Derozan vs. Carter

Casey vs. Carlisle

Looks like it going to be a great game, and a great test for the Raps.
    Last edited by Red and White; Fri Dec 30th, 2011 at 10:56 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched the Mavs opener against the Heat, and it was quite unwatchable, the mavs were particularly bad. That said, I can't see the raps winning this game. I'm just hoping that they keep up the defensive effort and that Demar finds his rhythm before the fourth quarter.
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i think we'll win. They're coming off a back to back and they are an old team. The young Raptors team will win

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i think we'll win. They're coming off a back to back and they are an old team. The young Raptors team will win
    The Raps looking to slow things down and grind it out could very well work against them with an older team like the Mavs.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The Raps looking to slow things down and grind it out could very well work against them with an older team like the Mavs.
    If we want to profit from them being an old team and playing a back to back (and being out of shape starting the season) we should push the tempo and not grind it out. They played much better yesterday and, while there is always a chance, we shouldn't expect much. I think it's more likely that we will get in a hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    If we want to profit from them being an old team and playing a back to back (and being out of shape starting the season) we should push the tempo and not grind it out. They played much better yesterday and, while there is always a chance, we shouldn't expect much. I think it's more likely that we will get in a hole.
    I agree. However I was just pointing out that under Casey thus far it has been a slow grind which would favour the Mavs, in my opinion.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Mavs are 0-3. Cant imagine them starting 0-4... aiming for a worst Champions start record? And their shape seems to be increasing, last loss to OCK was last sec.. and they looked good enough.
    I agree we need tempo on offense. I'm looking forward, if Casey will go for it, i'm sure he will have some plan. Our advantage is, he (Casey) should know very well how Mavs are playing.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I got money on the raps to win.. is that dumb?

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol that TSN Bargs intro, was classsssic, he needs Rosetta Stone.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm watching the game on TSN and the shot clock and time left in the qtr are cut off. I've tried changing tv setting but can't get it all on the screen. Anyone else having this problem?
    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Post Thanks / Like

james johnson just about threw an outlet pass into the courtside seats...

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    i'm watching the game on TSN and the shot clock and time left in the qtr are cut off. I've tried changing tv setting but can't get it all on the screen. Anyone else having this problem?
    Been on for me all game. Make sure you adjust your cable/satellite remote to normal view as well as your TV remote.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ going one on one with anyone makes me queasy
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe the Raptors were not down by 25 prior to the run to end the first half. That was some f'ugly basketball.

It seems to start the game they were trying to slip or go under Dallas screens and the two Raptors ended up banging in to one another. They went back to the heavy hedging and things went well.

Bargnani is playing great - minus the defense on the Dirk jumper to end the 12-0 run... put your g'damn hand up! He actually had 2 rebounds taken out of his hands by teammates.... he has 5 rebs now, any bets on the double double being completed?

Anyone know WTF JJ is doing on the low post ups?

Post Thanks / Like

He's incredibly one dimensional on offense, but Butler's D and rebounding has surprised me
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit @ the milf with the bazookas sitting behind coach Casey
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Holy shit @ the milf with the bazookas sitting behind coach Casey
    The one in the black shirt? Yessir.

Post Thanks / Like

Those things are crazy
    @jerboat