Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2011-12 Coach Cemetary

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Should Raps entertain the idea of Nate? or are we happy with Dwayne?
    Hard to imagine any other coach coming in here and having the impact Casey did. He also seems to have his head on offensively...it's just that the offensive flows form the defence, so when they play poor defensively the offence breaks down. I can't wait to see what happens next year, with additional talent (go Bryan) and a full training camp.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Should Raps entertain the idea of Nate? or are we happy with Dwayne?
    Definitely not.

Dwane Casey waited a long time for his shot and he is doing phenomenal in Toronto given what he has to work with.

It is the same idea of getting rid of Colangelo now. He has a plan in motion that is starting to look very promising.

Both BC and DC are in year 1 of 2 year contracts with team options for year 3. This would be a question for next year. Given the way things appear to be going for Toronto, it is hard to believe at this time those options won't be picked up (loving this Kool-Aid!).

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Dwane has been awesome for us. No need for anymore changes. Maybe McMillan as an assistant? But he's a very good head coach.
    Though I think this would give us one of the best coaching staffs in the NBA, no way does McMillan take an assistant job on a .333 team.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate & Dwayne appear to come from the same school of coaching...I mean they have similar qualities (handling players) except possibly that Nate is probably more adept offensively and Dwayne defensively. But of course I am guessing on this. No need for any change. Even the assistants here are in sync and very engaged during every game unlike during the last regime that I observed. Alls well. Besides NM will get another hc gig by next season I think.

Thread Information