Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2011-12 Coach Cemetary

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It really is starting to look like Pringles and Flip are in a race to see who can get their paid vacation first.

Washington is 0-6 after another blowout - this time to ORL.

New York (2-4) coming off the loss to the Raptors with Amar'e back lost to Charlotte who were coming off 3 bad losses (MIA, ORL, CLE).

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Avery johnson should get fired too. Their entire Management and coaching staff should too actually

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    I am going to say Westphal. Sacramento had some high expectations that they have not been living up too.
    And the first coach fired was.......

Ken Berger: The Kings have sent out a new release that they have fired coach Paul Westphal. Twitter

He was certainly on my short list but not #1.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

1 down, D'Antoni to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    1 down, D'Antoni to go.
    Don't forget Flip.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Don't forget Flip.
    Oh yeah my bad, Flip and also Gentry.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sactown

Flips next i bet...
    Last edited by SitnonDfence; Thu Jan 5th, 2012 at 03:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Things not looking good for Flip.

"Paging Flip Saunders, paging Flip Saunders. Please report to the owner's box."

Qutoes via HoopsHype.com:

In a performance labeled "sickening" and "embarrassing" by Andray Blatche, whose own performance also could've been thusly described, the Wizards fell to 0-8 Sunday with a 93-72 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Afterward, Blatche (10 points in 31 minutes on 5-for-16 shooting) attempted to get coach Flip Saunders' back, but ended up making his coach look bad in the process. It's been that kind of start to the season for the Wizards, who can't even fall on their swords properly. "Flip is definitely doing his job," Blatche said. "I just don't feel like guys are listening and following behind what he says and what he wants us to do." CBSSports.com

Never a good sign, eight games into the season. "Guys want to try to do it their own way, and it's not working," Blatche said. "The record shows that. I feel like everybody should go home and focus and think and take consideration for what Flip is saying, because it can't hurt. It damn sure ain't helping us our way." CBSSports.com
    Craig Stouffer: Asked Flip is it hard to make eye contact w/ Leonsis in front row:"When youíre playing like that, itís hard to make eye contact w/ anybody." Twitter

Post Thanks / Like

The Washington Wizards, owners of an NBA-worst 2-15 record, have fired Coach Flip Saunders, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Assistant coach Randy Wittman will take over as coach.

Source: ESPN.com

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Being a coach of this Wizards team, he's probably happy he got fired (assuming he still gets paid(?)).

So, who do we say is going to be next (Matt?)? I doubt Charlotte, Detroit or Golden State are going to fire their (relatively new) coaches. New Orleans neither (the owners don't want to pay the extra salary anyway). That doesn't leave a lot of teams .... except of course New York and D'Antoni.

Farfetched, but if Orlando gets on a bad run in the next 10/20 games, I can see them firing the screamer Van Gundy (who isn't too good with Dwight) if they can bring in a top coach (like Sloan?).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Being a coach of this Wizards team, he's probably happy he got fired (assuming he still gets paid(?)).

So, who do we say is going to be next (Matt?)? I doubt Charlotte, Detroit or Golden State are going to fire their (relatively new) coaches. New Orleans neither (the owners don't want to pay the extra salary anyway). That doesn't leave a lot of teams .... except of course New York and D'Antoni.

Farfetched, but if Orlando gets on a bad run in the next 10/20 games, I can see them firing the screamer Van Gundy (who isn't too good with Dwight) if they can bring in a top coach (like Sloan?).
    D'Antoni is the obvious choice with Woodson stepping in on an interim basis until the summer when they try to coax Phil Jackson, in my opinion - all speculation on my part.

If Milwaukee goes on a bad slide in season or do not make the playoffs, I could see Skiles being given the pink slip.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still believe Avery Johnson is the next guy on the hot seat. NJ will panic fire if they can't get Howard by the trade deadline. But D'Antoni is in trouble if NY continues to free fall.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I still believe Avery Johnson is the next guy on the hot seat. NJ will panic fire if they can't get Howard by the trade deadline. But D'Antoni is in trouble if NY continues to free fall.
    yup I am sticking with D'Antoni even if he wasn't the first (or 2nd) to go. And yet the issues on that team are all Dolan. How is it one can get to patience to build a team after Thomas f*kd it all up and then for the GM to go straight back into it, or at least part way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    yup I am sticking with D'Antoni even if he wasn't the first (or 2nd) to go. And yet the issues on that team are all Dolan. How is it one can get to patience to build a team after Thomas f*kd it all up and then for the GM to go straight back into it, or at least part way.
    Don't forget current GM Grunwald is an Isiah croney. Also, don't forget Donnie Walsh had them on the fast track to the top before Dolan got all excited and blew his load - and by load I mean solid starters and role players. Remember how Donnie was gone very shortly after the season ended?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget current GM Grunwald is an Isiah croney. Also, don't forget Donnie Walsh had them on the fast track to the top before Dolan got all excited and blew his load - and by load I mean solid starters and role players. Remember how Donnie was gone very shortly after the season ended?
    Yeah he was very much against the Melo trade.

Post Thanks / Like

D'Antoni is 3rd.

Nate McMillan, after losing by 40 to the Knicks tonight, and his team having quit on him in the last 2 weeks is my guess for 4th - which is unfortunate because he is a damn good coach.

Post Thanks / Like

D'Antoni is 3rd.

Nate McMillan, after losing by 40 to the Knicks tonight, and his team having quit on him in the last 2 weeks is my guess for 4th - which is unfortunate because he is a damn good coach.
    Their team is a mess, and you can tell because Jamal Crawford played better at the point guard than Raymond Felton.

Post Thanks / Like

So Nate was 4th.

Nate McMillan will have a job as soon as he wants one.

Washington or New York would be very lucky to have him.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Nate was 4th.

Nate McMillan will have a job as soon as he wants one.

Washington or New York would be very lucky to have him.
    Should Raps entertain the idea of Nate? or are we happy with Dwayne?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Should Raps entertain the idea of Nate? or are we happy with Dwayne?
    Dwane has been awesome for us. No need for anymore changes. Maybe McMillan as an assistant? But he's a very good head coach.

Thread Information