Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike D

Comment

Avery Johnson. NJ is going to be near the bottom and that's not a good thing with Deron Williams as your PG. Johnson will unfortunately end up being the scapegoat if they don't land Howard by the trade deadline.

Comment

Dwane Casey

I'M KIDDING, ROFL.

Comment

prime is not very funny...

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
            Avery Johnson. NJ is going to be near the bottom and that's not a good thing with Deron Williams as your PG. Johnson will unfortunately end up being the scapegoat if they don't land Howard by the trade deadline.
            Funny how Deron didn't like playing for the demanding Jerry Sloan and found his way playing for the Little General.

Comment

It really is starting to look like Pringles and Flip are in a race to see who can get their paid vacation first.

Washington is 0-6 after another blowout - this time to ORL.

New York (2-4) coming off the loss to the Raptors with Amar'e back lost to Charlotte who were coming off 3 bad losses (MIA, ORL, CLE).

Comment

Avery johnson should get fired too. Their entire Management and coaching staff should too actually

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                  I am going to say Westphal. Sacramento had some high expectations that they have not been living up too.
                  And the first coach fired was.......

Ken Berger: The Kings have sent out a new release that they have fired coach Paul Westphal. Twitter

He was certainly on my short list but not #1.

Comment

1 down, D'Antoni to go.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                      1 down, D'Antoni to go.
                      Don't forget Flip.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Don't forget Flip.
                        Oh yeah my bad, Flip and also Gentry.
                        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Sactown

Flips next i bet...
                          Last edited by SitnonDfence; Thu Jan 5, 2012, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Things not looking good for Flip.

"Paging Flip Saunders, paging Flip Saunders. Please report to the owner's box."

Qutoes via HoopsHype.com:

In a performance labeled "sickening" and "embarrassing" by Andray Blatche, whose own performance also could've been thusly described, the Wizards fell to 0-8 Sunday with a 93-72 loss to the Minnesota Timberwolves. Afterward, Blatche (10 points in 31 minutes on 5-for-16 shooting) attempted to get coach Flip Saunders' back, but ended up making his coach look bad in the process. It's been that kind of start to the season for the Wizards, who can't even fall on their swords properly. "Flip is definitely doing his job," Blatche said. "I just don't feel like guys are listening and following behind what he says and what he wants us to do." CBSSports.com

Never a good sign, eight games into the season. "Guys want to try to do it their own way, and it's not working," Blatche said. "The record shows that. I feel like everybody should go home and focus and think and take consideration for what Flip is saying, because it can't hurt. It damn sure ain't helping us our way." CBSSports.com
                            Craig Stouffer: Asked Flip is it hard to make eye contact w/ Leonsis in front row:"When you’re playing like that, it’s hard to make eye contact w/ anybody." Twitter

Comment

The Washington Wizards, owners of an NBA-worst 2-15 record, have fired Coach Flip Saunders, league sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Assistant coach Randy Wittman will take over as coach.

Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Being a coach of this Wizards team, he's probably happy he got fired (assuming he still gets paid(?)).

So, who do we say is going to be next (Matt?)? I doubt Charlotte, Detroit or Golden State are going to fire their (relatively new) coaches. New Orleans neither (the owners don't want to pay the extra salary anyway). That doesn't leave a lot of teams .... except of course New York and D'Antoni.

Farfetched, but if Orlando gets on a bad run in the next 10/20 games, I can see them firing the screamer Van Gundy (who isn't too good with Dwight) if they can bring in a top coach (like Sloan?).

Comment

Working...
                                X