Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Opinion of DeRozan's First 3 Games? (Chisholm: Debunking DD myth post 46)

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    you guys are too hard on him after 4 games!! at 22 he has so much more to grow, basketball iq and confidence comes from experience. I for one see his improved 3pt shooting as a clear sign that the guy knows how to improve and will. as a shooting guard it was important for him to be a 3pt threat and Im sure BC brought that message across. Now during the season he will improve slowly his decision making, and handles (still his weakest part). Unlike most other nba players he improves when he says he will improve, and I don't see him giving that up, he's got the drive to be great, he's 22, and he's got a great opportunity in Toronto. Let him grow and make mistakes without folding on him immediately.. (a draft pick? really?)
    Top 7 draft pick, in a stacked draft homie.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DeRozan is easily an all star by next year, Defense is all he needs to improve.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Top 7 draft pick, in a stacked draft homie.
    No draft pick is a sure thing! Demar producing 16+ ppg is, with the potential for all-star numbers sooner rather than later.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is easily an all star by next year, Defense is all he needs to improve.
    So which of Wade, Rose, Allen, Rondo, and Joe Johnson do you expect DeRozan to supplant next year in the Eastern Conference backcourt?

Allen seems to be the most likely candidate based on his age, but don't forget that Deron Williams now plays in the East. And guys like Wall, Holiday, George, Jennings, and Walker are just as likely to become all-stars in the near future.

An all-star selection for DeRozan is anything but a sure thing.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

He finally had a nice game last night, but my god his defense. He really needs to step it up.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    I see no evidence of improvement. He's still a fungible player who probably shouldn't be starting.
    Well, I'm convinced.

But since we're judging a guy based on a handful of games, let's look at the numbers through the handful of games. Let's see: PER is 3 points better than last year (17.2 vs. 14