Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerryd Bayless : Not the PG of the Future!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mikeyraps wrote: View Post
    I cringe so often when he is on the floor. He just chucks. I think some people are being too patient, almost "Bargs-patient". Like a lot of people think enough of him to "just give him time". But EFF that, we can clearly see that he doesn't fit send him somewhere he can fit and get something back for him. The more I see Bayless on the floor, the more I want Calderon on the floor.
    +1, dude when hes on the floor, I get flashbacks of Antoine Wright.
    Last edited by e2thed; Sat Dec 31, 2011, 07:06 PM.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Assuming Kabongo declares and assuming he is a 15-25 pick, the Raptors might be able to to find a team who is not looking to add a guaranteed contract due to impending free agency (like Miami 2 drafts ago) or cheapness (like Phoenix for many years).

The Raptors could offer their second round pick (likely around 35) + $3M for a 20-ish 1st round pick. Draft Kabongo.

Kabongo would not be ready to start immediately, so they sign Felton for 3 years at $9-10M per season and amnesty Calderon.

The Raps are officially ready to hit the ground running in 2012-13 like BC discussed previously.

Comment

Kabongo did get 9 rebounds today which shows hustle. The rest of the line was 2 of 6 field goals, 4 assists, 4 turnovers. Pangos plays at 8 against Tu Holloway of Xavier which should be interesting.

Comment

Bayless is an inefficient too-small scoring guard, not a point guard. He's a back-of-the-rotation guy on a winning team at best.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
            Bayless is an inefficient too-small scoring guard, not a point guard. He's a back-of-the-rotation guy on a winning team at best.
            Dude hes not too small, hes same height as Eric Gordon. Its all about how you use your abilities to better your team overall, not your individual stats.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              Dude hes not too small, hes same height as Eric Gordon. Its all about how you use your abilities to better your team overall, not your individual stats.
              Predraft measurements:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...-Bayless-1067/

Height w/o ShoesHeight w/shoes Weight Wingspan Standing Reach Body Fat No Step Vert Max Vert Bench Press Lane Agility 3/4 Court Sprint Class Rank
              6' 1.75" 6' 3" 204 6' 3.5" 8' 1" 4.7 31.0 38.0 10 11.26 3.07 NA

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1iAhcp6nK
              http://www.draftexpress.com

The biggest complaint I recall hearing about his physical dimensions is his wing span. He is not especially long limbed.

Comment

I don't think my question is worth another thread, so I'll ask it here.
                -First, what do you think of the idea of Westbrook signing with the Raps? Is it a good one? And do you think it's possible?
                -Assuming we got a new starting PG (Ex. Westbrook), would you see Calderon, Bayless and Barbosa back? And do you think Barbosa would re-sign?
                Thank you Guys. Happy New Year to all of you!

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                  I don't think my question is worth another thread, so I'll ask it here.
                  -First, what do you think of the idea of Westbrook signing with the Raps? Is it a good one? And do you think it's possible?
                  -Assuming we got a new starting PG (Ex. Westbrook), would you see Calderon, Bayless and Barbosa back? And do you think Barbosa would re-sign?
                  Thank you Guys. Happy New Year to all of you!
                  Happy New Year to you as well.

I like Westbrook in Toronto. I think it is a good signing. It is only possible if OKC no longer wants him. They have until Jan 25 to sign an extension. The only real question for OKC and Westbrook is do they sign him to a max deal or not. If Westbrook feels he deserves a max deal and OKC refuses the only recourse he has is to sign an offer sheet with another team but that might be more along the lines of what OKC is looking for versus a Bird Rights max deal ( 4 years vs 5, 4.5% annual raises vs. 7.5%). The other issue is if OKC wants to move on from WEstbrook, they are not going to let such a big asset go for nothing - it then becomes who can offer the most in terms of a sign and trade because the money is going to be the same if he signs with a team with cap space or via sign and trade.

If a new PG is here (Westbrook, Felton, etc.) via free agency Calderon is likely gone with the amnesty clause, Bayless would not be back in my opinion unless he played on the qualifying offer which is a bit rich (again, my opinion), and Barbosa is a good question. I'm not sure Barbosa gets past this trade deadline.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    Happy New Year to you as well.

I like Westbrook in Toronto. I think it is a good signing. It is only possible if OKC no longer wants him. They have until Jan 25 to sign an extension. The only real question for OKC and Westbrook is do they sign him to a max deal or not. If Westbrook feels he deserves a max deal and OKC refuses the only recourse he has is to sign an offer sheet with another team but that might be more along the lines of what OKC is looking for versus a Bird Rights max deal ( 4 years vs 5, 4.5% annual raises vs. 7.5%). The other issue is if OKC wants to move on from WEstbrook, they are not going to let such a big asset go for nothing - it then becomes who can offer the most in terms of a sign and trade because the money is going to be the same if he signs with a team with cap space or via sign and trade.

If a new PG is here (Westbrook, Felton, etc.) via free agency Calderon is likely gone with the amnesty clause, Bayless would not be back in my opinion unless he played on the qualifying offer which is a bit rich (again, my opinion), and Barbosa is a good question. I'm not sure Barbosa gets past this trade deadline.
                    If Jose was to be amnestied I think this was the year to do it. Next year he is expiring which gives his contract additional asset value. That said, if a fantastic trade or FA signing is available and more cap space is needed to get the deal done then I can see it... but short of that, using the amnesty clause on Jose next year would be the same as using the amnesty on Barbossa this year.

As to the initial post, after 3 games I don't think Bayless has a future here (or atleast hope he doesn't). That ofcourse could change, but he has played the classic undersized SG playing PG role, which is, to me, one of the worst positional roles in the NBA.

Comment

Assuming Kabongo declares and assuming he is a 15-25 pick, the Raptors might be able to to find a team who is not looking to add a guaranteed contract due to impending free agency (like Miami 2 drafts ago) or cheapness (like Phoenix for many years).

The Raptors could offer their second round pick (likely around 35) + $3M for a 20-ish 1st round pick. Draft Kabongo.

Kabongo would not be ready to start immediately, so they sign Felton for 3 years at $9-10M per season and amnesty Calderon.

The Raps are officially ready to hit the ground running in 2012-13 like BC discussed previously.
                      Definitely on board (still) with Kabongo, but my money would be on BC keeping Calderon and extending at lower annual rate rather than bringing in Felton. Personally I prefer bringing in Felton.

PGs are definitely a rare commodity these days, and the Lakers will definitely be going after a few. Felton may jump for less money to them. Westbrook may be a shot if any truth to the Durant/Westbrook feud which is debateable, and Toronto, imo, would be a strong buyer in his market. The other danger would be Dallas if they lose out on DWill.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Definitely on board (still) with Kabongo, but my money would be on BC keeping Calderon and extending at lower annual rate rather than bringing in Felton. Personally I prefer bringing in Felton.

PGs are definitely a rare commodity these days, and the Lakers will definitely be going after a few. Felton may jump for less money to them. Westbrook may be a shot if any truth to the Durant/Westbrook feud which is debateable, and Toronto, imo, would be a strong buyer in his market. The other danger would be Dallas if they lose out on DWill.
                        Sorry, forgot to comment on the actual thread, I am a big no after being a cautious yes last year. He showed some ability to run a team and be solid and consistent then, but to me JB has regressed and seems to be looking more to the floor to follow his dribble than ever before, and his ridiculous circus shots are...well, more ridiculous - as if he was practicing circus crap against pylons all summer. That said he likes it here, I wonder how much he would like signing a 3yr @ around $2-2.5M a year as a 9th would appeal to him? In this he would be the occasional 2 off the bench for change of pace, and safety net 3rd PG.

Comment

JB really sucks. 10th man at best, hopefully BryCo uses the draft to get a 3 and the cap space to grab a competent point guard, because Jerryd is NOT the answer. Nice enough kid, obviously loves the city and the team...too bad.

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
                            JB really sucks. 10th man at best, hopefully BryCo uses the draft to get a 3 and the cap space to grab a competent point guard, because Jerryd is NOT the answer. Nice enough kid, obviously loves the city and the team...too bad.
                            Hey, I love the city and the team too, and I'm not playing big PG minutes on a NBA team while I suck at it. This ain't a reason to keep him at all. This is a business. If he doesn't fit, then they got to go on and find something else to feel that PG spot.

Comment

Couple things. The Raptors don't really have much history in buying picks. I like the idea but I just don't know if they'd do it. Second point is the draft is extremely thin when it comes to PGs. Teams might reach on Kabongo or Marshall if they're unable to trade down or if they're fearful that someone else might reach on one of them if they do trade down.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                                I'm saying he would have a problem defending the 2, which given the way he plays, is his natural position. Nature was cruel when it robbed him of the couple of inches and 20 pounds he would need to be that kind of player. Come to think of it, I could say that about almost every Raptors player.

Comment

Working...
                                X