Respect - Orlando, January 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect - Orlando, January 1st

I wonder if anyone else would agree with me in saying that there were some blatant missed calls in the 4th quarter against Orlando, which all seemed to go the Magic's way. That being the case, it seems that the Raptors don't really receive any "respect" from the officials.

The question then is how can they earn some of this respect?

(btw, this is my first post, so hello everyone. I'm sorry that it may seem like a post whining about the refs, but I'm really just making observations)

Wow people,that was some complete and utter rigged shit. I bet the league/officials blackball Toronto, Cleveland and make money off these matchup games.

I think Raps really need a superstar to get all the calls down the stretch, to establish a foundation in these refs minds to allow them to get the calls they deserve.
    Wow and D12 , that guy is telling the ref he loves him after he blocked Amir's shot when Anderson fouled him, this shit made me furious.

No wonder Jay Triano broke clipboards.
    Last edited by e2thed; Sun Jan 1, 2012, 10:23 PM.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Being winners
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I agree. The officiating was a farce.

At the same time the Raps collapsed down the stretch.

Bargnani played very well overall in my opinion. A few bone head plays and tippy toe watching Howard dunk once or twice but some of that can be attributed to fatigue. He played too much this game.

ED needs more minutes... what is going on?

DD continues to struggle offensively but he did get to the line. I couldn't believe after the game he had 17 points (4-12fg, 1-2 3pt, 8-9ft).

JJ needs to be an energizer and facilitator. Until he develops (or if he develops) a jump shot that will be his only value to the Raps on the court. I would guess (in other words in my opinion) he has been told to think more/slow it down/be in control/or something along these lines and it has taken away his aggression. He had games with 6 blocks, another with 5 steals, and rebound totals of 6 and 8. He, and the coaching staff, can't worry about him staying on the floor; he'll never be a starter anyways (and if he is god help us) so just tell him to go-go-go. He is the type of player who teammates can feed off of with good defense leading to easy offense - but not if he is being asked to think too much or having low post iso plays called for him.

Did anyone else see the steal and breakaway layup by AC in the (I believe) 2nd quarter? It was a SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW 2 points.

Casey and Co. should leave JJ alone and start asking Barbosa to think. He made some really bad decisions that led to turnovers/charges at crucial times.

Hard hat goes to Magloire. At this point in his career, I'm not sure you can ask for anything more than he gave this evening.

Calderon played great. I'm not sure why on a number of occasions, whether it was Amir, Bargnani, or Davis setting the screen in the second half, he would look to swing/reverse the ball versus give it to wide open screener on the roll. It was something I noticed and irked the hell out of me as he could have tacked on another 5-6 assists. Don't want to sh!t on the guy too much, he did play great. His defense has certainly noticeably improved this year in my opinion.

This is 2 games the Raps had command in the 2nd half and lost. Teams need to learn to win before they win.

Dwane Casey is a great coach. I don't think there would have been a better hire this summer - including some of the big name coaches that many, including myself, were hoping for. His attitude, demeanour, emphasis, work ethic is a welcome change. He needs to work on the sub patterns though. Bargnani played too many minutes tonight - and ED not near enough.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Bargnani played too many minutes tonight - and ED not near enough.
          Agree with everything else you said, but this is a key point. Davis has seemed a little lost the last few games. I can't really say why. Maybe he isn't getting enough minutes or maybe he is focusing on some other stuff Casey has asked him to do but it has hurt his game in the short term. Not to say it won't improve his game overall. Have to trust Casey on this.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Agree with everything else you said, but this is a key point. Davis has seemed a little lost the last few games. I can't really say why. Maybe he isn't getting enough minutes or maybe he is focusing on some other stuff Casey has asked him to do but it has hurt his game in the short term. Not to say it won't improve his game overall. Have to trust Casey on this.
            When I say Bargnani played too many minutes, it was not a knock on him. The issue was obvious fatigue. He made some bad plays defensively and was visibly tired. He missed some easy mid range looks that he is usually automatic on. If he is going to play 41 minutes a night, Casey should at least time them better (sit a minute before schedule TV timeout, a minute out at the end of quarter with another at the start of the next). Casey is still learning what he has to work with just as the players are learning his sets and systems.

As for ED, I don't know what is going on either but hopefully it gets worked out. Him sitting on the bench does nothing for him or the team. He has talent, he needs to play.

Comment

I think that Casey went with more muscle tonight with Howard, who plays almost the whole game, and Big Baby off the bench. I think Jack Armstrong alluded to that at some point.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                I think that Casey went with more muscle tonight with Howard, who plays almost the whole game, and Big Baby off the bench. I think Jack Armstrong alluded to that at some point.
                That is a good point. D12 and Big Baby certainly would exploit the biggest weakness in ED's game. Casey might not have wanted to put ED in a situation where ED would have limited chance of individual and team success.

Comment

One thing, why didn't Ed or Forbes play more today, I wouldn't even care if Alabi played tonight during the stretch, since Bargs was tired and Jamaal was in foul trouble.

We need fresh legs out there, its on Casey as well, even though those guys except for Forbes are a bit lacking in the offense, we needed to guard that perimeter like a bitch, and to get D12 fouled and to the line, all day down that stretch.
                  Once we got back in it the Bargs could be smart and drive in the paint all day get fouled and we would have won the game.
                  Last edited by e2thed; Sun Jan 1, 2012, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Ed needs to either get way more minutes or traded.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Ed for Cousins, why not.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                        Ed for Cousins, why not.
                        I was thinking about that as well. Have him play center and next year trade Amir(if Cousins fits)and play Cousins as partial center and partial pf since he has the size and skill for both. The biggest issue would be if he was okay with coming off the bench.
                        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Jon_Wade wrote: View Post
                          I was thinking about that as well. Have him play center and next year trade Amir(if Cousins fits)and play Cousins as partial center and partial pf since he has the size and skill for both. The biggest issue would be if he was okay with coming off the bench.
                          The question is, is Bargs ready to be the 6th man, if that trade were to happen. I see Cousins starting over him for experience wise cause hes got the NBA body so nothing is holding back from developing asap.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                            The question is, is Bargs ready to be the 6th man, if that trade were to happen. I see Cousins starting over him for experience wise cause hes got the NBA body so nothing is holding back from developing asap.
                            That unfortunately isn't likely in my opinion, Bargs is finally putting out a solid effort on defense so he is starting to earn his spot as a starting power forward. Ideally ( keep in mind this is ideal as Demarcus most likely wouldnt want to come off the bench ) Cousins would be the first big off the bench playing 30 minutes backing up center and power forward while Bargnani and Val start until Bargnani is at the age of around 32 when Cousins will be in his prime and Bargs on the decline.
                            Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Man, the refs did suck this game. I agree, there were way too many calls going Orlando's way and I found it frustrating. The game was, nonetheless, very entertaining. Great effort by Calderon, Bargs and Magloire.
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                              X