Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calderon VS Bayless

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    Hey can an amnestied player re-sign with his old team or are they barred?
    They cannot resign for a year or July 1st - whichever comes first - from what I understand.

Players can only be amnestied during a set time period at the start of the offseason. It will be interesting to see the time frame given next year. Will it be a couple of weeks? Or will teams be able to go right up to pre-season? Obviously this year was a clusterf*ck.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    They cannot resign for a year or July 1st - whichever comes first - from what I understand.

Players can only be amnestied during a set time period at the start of the offseason. It will be interesting to see the time frame given next year. Will it be a couple of weeks? Or will teams be able to go right up to pre-season? Obviously this year was a clusterf*ck.
    I was just wondering in the Calderon situation if we could amnesty and resign for a lesser amount and 3yrs or something at the end of the year. I have not looked into the new CBA to see if they can just renegotiate/restructure his contract. Sorry just time crunched with a 3month old.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    I was just wondering in the Calderon situation if we could amnesty and resign for a lesser amount and 3yrs or something at the end of the year. I have not looked into the new CBA to see if they can just renegotiate/restructure his contract. Sorry just time crunched with a 3month old.
    Ha, no worries. I know what that is about. I've got an 18 month old with a second due in a few months.

The Calderon situation would be great but it can't happen. I don't think he would get through the waiver wire without a team picking him up anyways. $4M for him as your back up would be a really, really, really good deal.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

....a second due in a few months.

The Calderon situation would be great but it can't happen. I don't think he would get through the waiver wire without a team picking him up anyways. $4M for him as your back up would be a really, really, really good deal.
    Congrats on number 2 man.

Agree on Caldy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

McKechnie has certainly been known to work wonders. Hopefully he can do it for Jose as well. It doesn't matter if Jose is athletic or not if his groin and hammy's are shot. He is also showing no signs of slowing down from the international competition either which is something a lot of players did do in to their 30's.

As for the bolded section, that would be awesome. Jose as a backup on a reasonable contract has never been an issue or concern. Jose as the starter on a star contract has been.
    I think Jose as a backup moving forward is a very likely scenario. I think he only has one more year on his contract after this year and I'd guess he'd sign for less for a few years of staying with the Raps. Unless the Raps are able to get a star PG via FA, which I doubt, they'll more than likely get a young guy via the draft or trade (as they tried with Bayless) and could sure use a dedicated to the team Jose as both mentor and backup when the kid gets up to speed.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SandmanFan wrote: View Post
    bleacher report article listed their top trade options for the Raptors and although most of them were retarded Jerryd Bayless for DJ Augustin piqued my interest. Charlotte wants to hand the team to Kemba Walker and Bayless isn't doing much for anyone in Raptorland. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but before the deadline. Augustin is at least a "real PG" that can distribute, score a bit and defend.

GP GS MIN FG% 3P% FT% OREB REB AST STL BLK TO Foul PTS
    4 4 30.5 36.7% 28.6% 88.2% 1.0 3.0 6.3 0.0 0.0 2.8 1.3 14.3
    Although he's a "real PG", I don't know if Augustine is our answer. I would much rather address the PG situation via trade/FA/draft this summer than obtain Augustine, waste 2 years trying to justify the trade, and then start the PG search all over again in 2013.

Also, if there's one lesson to be learned, it's to NEVER read the drivel that's published on Bleacher Report. There are better, more insightful pieces in "What I Did During the Summer" grade school projects than anything you'd read on Bleacher Report.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

DJ Augustine? Really? First, of all he's doing well for Charlotte and Kemba is still more of a shooting guard than a full-time point guard who can supplant DJ. Bayless and DJ were in the same draft class, and Bayless was drafted well before him and rated much more highly than DJ.

Why is DJ considered good? Because, he was forced into the starting point guard role, where besides being the better defender he was a far more inferior point guard than Raymond Felton who he was replacing.

When you are behind Andre Miller, Chris Paul, Jose Calderon you aren't going to get the same chance as DJ to improve yourself.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information