X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon VS Bayless

Name POS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A +/- OFF DEF TOT AST PF ST TO BS BA PTS

Calderon G 36:20 6-9 3-4 3-3 +4 0 4 4 13 1 0 1 1 0 18

No more talk about Bayless. Has he, in his career, ever had a night like a 30 year old Calderon? Playing his fourth game in 6 days?

Argument is over.

No argument here but they sure could have used Bayless tonight off the bench.

Comment

Calderon played great while Jerryd didn't play.

The problem in the debate of Jose vs Jerryd is neither appear to be the answer long term - Jose due to age, Jerryd due to inability to lead/command a team.

Comment

Jose versus Bayless??? Is this a joke?

I appreciate the post but to compare the two in the same breath is a complete slap in the face to Jose who while not perfect is an NBA caliber point guard with passing, shooting and dribbling skills. Jose also has court vision and high basketball IQ.
        Bayless on the other hand is at best an NBA scrub and looks like he always will be. The only belief that he is a real player lies between his own ears.
        He cannot shoot although he occasionally gets lucky mixing in a few long range makes with an array of clangers, air balls and the like. Bayless not only does not pass, but he is incapable of making a good pass and almost always passes as a last resort and too late. He has absolutely no court vision as in the end he only really cares about his personal game, and his basketball IQ is about as low as there is in the NBA, and I believe his actual IQ is just shy of a fish.
        Jose is a real Guard while Bayless at best is a poor imitation of TJ Ford.

Comment

Ah man, I was trying to start a serious thread, and now you come trolling around in here. What are you trying to do? Stir up the Jose haters? Or just get the Bayless promoters to grab their pitchforks? :-)

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Ah man, I was trying to start a serious thread, and now you come trolling around in here. What are you trying to do? Stir up the Jose haters? Or just get the Bayless promoters to grab their pitchforks? :-)
            Don't thinks its trolling man, its called passionate keyboard warriors skills.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              Don't thinks its trolling man, its called passionate keyboard warriors skills.
              :-)

Comment

I have always been a big Calderon fan, and Casey is doing well to hide/improve his defensive deficiencies. His contract is the kicking point, but I would like to see him stay longer for cheaper if he can stay healthy.

Comment

Bayless and Ed are having a slow start to the season. They have both been a little disappointing so far. But it is still early in the season and I expect (hope?) that their poor play is maybe just some rust.

I always thought the offense flowed much more smoothly when Calderon is at the point. Even at his best last season, I was frustrated by Bayless' style of play.
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I don't think its ever really been a debate. Jose has always been the better player no question. Jose is arguably the best PG we've ever had (he's a notch under Alvin Williams for me, but even then its a good debate).

However Jose has been inconsistent. He has great nights like the one against Orlando/Cleveland, but then throws up mediocre/bad games like he did against Indiana and Dallas. His defense is well known, but in a PG that's not that big of an issue. And he's very injury prone. After the Olympics in 2012 I'm pretty sure we'd need a wheelchair for him in 2013.

I really like Jose.. he just isn't worth his salary and is not a guy that will probably be here in 3/4 years when we hopefully turn the corner.

Bayless on the other hand just isn't a PG in my opinion. He's a SG in a PG's body. I don't see a future with him at all. Unfortunately if we cannot land a PG in the draft (and there are only a couple that are worth looking at), or in FA, we may have to try and find a PG through a trade. Although what GM would want to trade away a PG when it is so hard to find one these days? BC however is very good at finding that diamond in the rough.

Comment

I am always a little hard on JB because most of his deficiencies are self generated. Just bad decision making IMO. Not that he doesn't have skills. He drives when there is no lane open, doesn't pass to open team mates, and takes three point shots from 5 feet beyond the arc when there is space for him to take two steps in for a 25 foot jumper.

I remember when Rondo first got to Boston, I was meh! But his per minute production increased significantly. And his decision making really improved. Put it down to learning. I don't see the same improvement in Batless, but it could happen.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                        I appreciate the post but to compare the two in the same breath is a complete slap in the face to Jose who while not perfect is an NBA caliber point guard with passing, shooting and dribbling skills. Jose also has court vision and high basketball IQ.
                        Bayless on the other hand is at best an NBA scrub and looks like he always will be. The only belief that he is a real player lies between his own ears.
                        He cannot shoot although he occasionally gets lucky mixing in a few long range makes with an array of clangers, air balls and the like. Bayless not only does not pass, but he is incapable of making a good pass and almost always passes as a last resort and too late. He has absolutely no court vision as in the end he only really cares about his personal game, and his basketball IQ is about as low as there is in the NBA, and I believe his actual IQ is just shy of a fish.
                        Jose is a real Guard while Bayless at best is a poor imitation of TJ Ford.
                        I don't suppose Portland would take Jerryd back and give us Wesley Matthews instead.

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                          I don't suppose Portland would take Jerryd back and give us Wesley Matthews instead.
                          Jerryd for Nolan Smith straight up.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Of course

Pele wrote: View Post
                            They would likely want Bayless so bad they might even throw in a draft pick as well!!!
                            Right now I don't see anyone taking Bayless in a trade unless it's for another scrub, or at best a second round pick. He just is nota very good basketball player and seems almost too dumb to realize what his skills are.

Comment

bleacher report article listed their top trade options for the Raptors and although most of them were retarded Jerryd Bayless for DJ Augustin piqued my interest. Charlotte wants to hand the team to Kemba Walker and Bayless isn't doing much for anyone in Raptorland. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but before the deadline. Augustin is at least a "real PG" that can distribute, score a bit and defend.

GP GS MIN FG% 3P% FT% OREB REB AST STL BLK TO Foul PTS
                              4 4 30.5 36.7% 28.6% 88.2% 1.0 3.0 6.3 0.0 0.0 2.8 1.3 14.3

Comment

Working...
                              X