The evolution of the Raptors PG.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Because, trading a lottery pick point-guard for a late first rounder in a draft with 0 NBA ready point guards is smart thinking?

Look, Bayless was a lottery pick and picked before point-guards like DJ Augustin. The difference being DJ got to be the default starter on a penny pinching bobcats team, while Bayless has always played behind star point-guards.

people forget, how good he was when Jose went down and I see no reason why he can't be better than young point guards like lowry and DJ, he just needs the playing time.

Bayless original draft slot has little to no bearing on his current value. He was a lottery pick out of Arizona because of raw talent, but there were plenty of questions surrounding his maturity and ability to develop traditional PG skills. Four years later and the book on Bayless reads much the same. Naturally his value is going to drop during that time as the lure of Bayless' "potential" dries up with every passing season.

Comment

Because, trading a lottery pick point-guard for a late first rounder in a draft with 0 NBA ready point guards is smart thinking?
      At the moment you won't even get a late first rounder for bayless unless it's in a deal which includes a salarydump.

Comment

Look, Bayless was a lottery pick and picked before point-guards like DJ Augustin. The difference being DJ got to be the default starter on a penny pinching bobcats team, while Bayless has always played behind star point-guards.

people forget, how good he was when Jose went down and I see no reason why he can't be better than young point guards like lowry and DJ, he just needs the playing time.
        Dude i'm not saying trade him now, i mean if he doesn't show that he can be a pg we should trade him when free agency starts during the playoffs. A mid - late first round pick will get us Myck kabongo or K.Marshall who in my opinion have potential to be great PG's.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          Dude i'm not saying trade him now, i mean if he doesn't show that he can be a pg we should trade him when free agency starts during the playoffs. A mid - late first round pick will get us Myck kabongo or K.Marshall who in my opinion have potential to be great PG's.
          Noone will give us Kabongo for Bayless. Bayless is worth now middle 2nd round at max.

Comment

irgigi wrote: View Post
            Noone will give us Kabongo for Bayless. Bayless is worth now middle 2nd round at max.
            go re read my post. I never said trade him NOW i meant after the season. His stock might rise by then and we could always package in some cash with him to sweeten the deal.

Comment

Tough loss for Texas tonight at Iowa State. Kabongo had 7 points on 2-9 shooting, 2 rebounds, a block, no steals, 5 assists, and 4 turnovers.

Comment

Working...
              X