Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New York Knicks: January 2nd, Raptors win! Raptors win!

Post Thanks / Like

Default New York Knicks: January 2nd, Raptors win! Raptors win!

Looks like Amar'e is doubtful:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP)—The New York Knicks will decide before their game against Toronto whether Amare Stoudemire is ready to return from a sprained left ankle.

Stoudemire did not take part in the morning shootaround Monday and coach Mike D’Antoni says while the All-Star forward was doing better, he was “more on the doubtful side.” D’Antoni says he wants Stoudemire at 100 percent before he returns.

Stoudemire was hurt Thursday in a loss to the Lakers and missed the Knicks’ 114-92 victory in Sacramento on Saturday. Rookie Josh Harrellson started in his place and had 14 points and 12 rebounds.

First-round pick Iman Shumpert sprained a right knee ligament in the Christmas opener and was expected to miss two to four weeks. He has increased his workouts and hopes to practice Tuesday.

Source: Yahoo!

This will be a good test for Casey and Co. to see the progress of the defense.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I say they hold them to 90 points and we lose by 10.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    I say they hold them to 90 points and we lose by 10.
    It is the Knicks D. If we only score 80 against the Knicks there are problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    It is the Knicks D. If we only score 80 against the Knicks there are problems.
    something tells me that Josh Harrelson will get mad rebounds.

Post Thanks / Like

NEW YORK -- Amare Stoudemire will sit out a second straight game Monday night against the Toronto Raptors because of a sprained left ankle. Rookie Josh Harrellson will start again in his place.
    Source: ESPN.com

Confirmed - no Amar'e versus Raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

Melo getting every conceivable call
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Officiating is absolute garbage.

The offensive foul on DD was crap - Harrelson moved last second. Terrible terrible terrible.

Every little ticky tack call is going against them in what I call good defense i.e. bump the cutter.

DeRozan needs to take command with Bargs having 2 fouls and on the bench. More importantly he needs to play some defense. He has been horrible on rotations with Anthony's baseline dunk the lowlight.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow I eat my words, Harrellson is failing so far.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Knicks look terrible. I don't even...It's just a countdown until Pringles is fired as a scapegoat. Bargnani has been great again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    The Knicks look terrible. I don't even...It's just a countdown until Pringles is fired as a scapegoat. Bargnani has been great again.

lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WhatWhat wrote: View Post
    Wait if D'Antoni is Pringles, does that make Woodson, Mr.Potatohead.
    Last edited by e2thed; Mon Jan 2nd, 2012 at 09:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I am having flashbacks to 2-3 years ago... Calderon needs to push the ball, too much dribble. Toney Douglas is an awesome defender.

That 4-point play given up by Calderon was 100% Magloire's fault. He is too slow to hedge, hung out at the foul line on the screen, and Jose was caught up in 2 Knicks setting screens. Granted Jose should not have lunged out of control at the shooter but he never should have been put in that position either.

Post Thanks / Like

We need a T from the coach to get these fools in check.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amazing first half, and lucky second half, lucky in the sense that new york couldn't stop throwing the ball away,

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Amazing first half, and lucky second half, lucky in the sense that new york couldn't stop throwing the ball away,
    Not to argue with the contention that NY played poorly, but credit Toronto's D. Not as effective in the second half, but NY looked like they were a little gun shy by then and I think the Raps D affected their mind set.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree, our D to start the game was really good, but I was shocked at how easily NYK would settle for a three so early in the shot clock... it was kind of ridiculous, if we didn't join them in the chucking contest during the second half, it wouldve been a blow out.

Post Thanks / Like

If it wasn't for Toney Douglas in the third quarter, this is probably a 15 point win for the Raptors.

Not sure how Bargnani will handle the back-to-back-to-back coming up Jan. 9-11. He looked really tired tonight. I'm surprised the Raptors didn't keep feeding him against Harrellson. After the first few minutes of the 1st quarter I thought he would go for 50 but they stopped going there it seemed.

Nice to see DD get 21 on just 13 shots - including 2-2 3pt. I am watching him more and more on defense now rather than Bargnani - that is not a good thing.

In basketball, as in life, mistakes are understandable and acceptable. No one is perfect. The key is to not make the same mistakes over and over which would imply one learns from their mistakes...... yes, I am speaking to you James Johnson.

ED continues to struggle. Keep working!

Rasual 'Black Hole' Butler had his best game for Toronto. He might be one of those veteran type players who are getting in game shape after the long layoff. However, I think tonight should be considered the exception and not the norm.

Check AC's stat line in 5 minutes: 1-2fg, 2-2ft, 4pts, 4 rebs, 3 asts, 1 to, +7.

Magloire had another great night (18 mins and 10 rebs). He knows his role.

Amir continues to get no respect from officials. He keeps working though and does the dirty work - 3 rebs, 2 stls, 4 blks.

In my opinion, it really is hard not to love this Raptor squad and it all starts with Casey - he is doing a phenomenal job. 61 games to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Ac also played 5 mins, making his 4pt 4reb and 3asts very effective! i made this point in the chat.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ...In my opinion, it really is hard not to love this Raptor squad and it all starts with Casey - he is doing a phenomenal job. 61 games to go.
    With you on this one. Going to be a fun year whatever the win/loss column says.

Post Thanks / Like

All I gotta say is, I was a self proclaimed Bargs hater, now not so much. If he continues to actually play through adversity on a game to game basis, I think we are looking newest future possible All Star. Now all he has to do is wait for Kevin Garnett to retire and beat out Ama're on voting.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information