Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York Knicks: January 2nd, Raptors win! Raptors win!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York Knicks: January 2nd, Raptors win! Raptors win!

Looks like Amar'e is doubtful:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. (AP)—The New York Knicks will decide before their game against Toronto whether Amare Stoudemire is ready to return from a sprained left ankle.

Stoudemire did not take part in the morning shootaround Monday and coach Mike D’Antoni says while the All-Star forward was doing better, he was “more on the doubtful side.” D’Antoni says he wants Stoudemire at 100 percent before he returns.

Stoudemire was hurt Thursday in a loss to the Lakers and missed the Knicks’ 114-92 victory in Sacramento on Saturday. Rookie Josh Harrellson started in his place and had 14 points and 12 rebounds.

First-round pick Iman Shumpert sprained a right knee ligament in the Christmas opener and was expected to miss two to four weeks. He has increased his workouts and hopes to practice Tuesday.

Source: Yahoo!

This will be a good test for Casey and Co. to see the progress of the defense.

I say they hold them to 90 points and we lose by 10.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      I say they hold them to 90 points and we lose by 10.
      It is the Knicks D. If we only score 80 against the Knicks there are problems.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
        It is the Knicks D. If we only score 80 against the Knicks there are problems.
        something tells me that Josh Harrelson will get mad rebounds.

Comment

NEW YORK -- Amare Stoudemire will sit out a second straight game Monday night against the Toronto Raptors because of a sprained left ankle. Rookie Josh Harrellson will start again in his place.
          Source: ESPN.com

Confirmed - no Amar'e versus Raptors.

Comment

Melo getting every conceivable call
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Officiating is absolute garbage.

The offensive foul on DD was crap - Harrelson moved last second. Terrible terrible terrible.

Every little ticky tack call is going against them in what I call good defense i.e. bump the cutter.

DeRozan needs to take command with Bargs having 2 fouls and on the bench. More importantly he needs to play some defense. He has been horrible on rotations with Anthony's baseline dunk the lowlight.

Comment

Wow I eat my words, Harrellson is failing so far.

Comment

The Knicks look terrible. I don't even...It's just a countdown until Pringles is fired as a scapegoat. Bargnani has been great again.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                    The Knicks look terrible. I don't even...It's just a countdown until Pringles is fired as a scapegoat. Bargnani has been great again.

lol

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                      Wait if D'Antoni is Pringles, does that make Woodson, Mr.Potatohead.
                      Last edited by e2thed; Mon Jan 2, 2012, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I am having flashbacks to 2-3 years ago... Calderon needs to push the ball, too much dribble. Toney Douglas is an awesome defender.

That 4-point play given up by Calderon was 100% Magloire's fault. He is too slow to hedge, hung out at the foul line on the screen, and Jose was caught up in 2 Knicks setting screens. Granted Jose should not have lunged out of control at the shooter but he never should have been put in that position either.

Comment

We need a T from the coach to get these fools in check.

Comment

Amazing first half, and lucky second half, lucky in the sense that new york couldn't stop throwing the ball away,
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Amazing first half, and lucky second half, lucky in the sense that new york couldn't stop throwing the ball away,
                              Not to argue with the contention that NY played poorly, but credit Toronto's D. Not as effective in the second half, but NY looked like they were a little gun shy by then and I think the Raps D affected their mind set.

Comment

Working...
                              X