Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess before you click! Who the best 4 defensive Raptors are through 4 games (oppPER)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess before you click! Who the best 4 defensive Raptors are through 4 games (oppPER)

http://www.82games.com/1112/1112TOR.HTM

Via 82games.com, those players are:

Butler with oppPER of 5.5
    Calderon with oppPER of 9.8
    Carter with oppPER of 11.7
    Bargnani with oppPER of 12.6

Honestly, I could give a rats @ss about Butler and Carter here.

My jaw hit the desk when I read the other two.

Well its understandable, they are on the floor alot, and Casey said it, no defense no playing time.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
      Well its understandable, they are on the floor alot, and Casey said it, no defense no playing time.
      Casey deserves credit but the players do as well.

Calderon was 18.0 last year and Bargnani 21.3.

We'll see what it looks like as the season goes on but this is another encouraging early sign - even if the record is not.

Comment

bargs is finally putting work where his mouth is! Ive enjoyed watching him pick it up on defense (help defense especially), he seems a lot more focused then before!
        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Dudes Butler's D is seriously underrated
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            bargs is finally putting work where his mouth is! Ive enjoyed watching him pick it up on defense (help defense especially), he seems a lot more focused then before!
            Big time agree. I am cautiously impressed with his effort, which is the bitch I have had of his play yrs previous. Of course it remains to be seen but I wonder if Casey would get all Nancy Kerrigan (whatever her name was) on his a$$ if he loses the effort.

Comment

I also think this shows a bit how distorted individual stats are by the team's overall ability. Are Jose and Andrea good or bad defenders? I don't think either is great. I also think neither is terrible. We were a terrible defensive team last year which probably didn't help their individual numbers because they both got lots of minutes when we were getting blown out a lot. Were they good individual defenders last year? Not as good as this year, probably because the overall higher demands from the coach, and the team, including them, buying in this year.

I also even want to add a little snippet about Bargs. His effort has been amazing, and he's being asked to carry a heavy load and taking it on very well. He obviously still has flaws in his game, but can't ask for much more. Even his rebounding effort has been better, despite the numbers not showing it in an obvious way. If you take a bit of a closer look though, he's doing better on the defensive glass at 5.6 per, his previous high being 4.8 two seasons ago and last year having averaged 4.1. If he can get that number to 6 I don't care if he isn't getting offensive rebounds. 6 defensive boards is key for a big, considering most also get a couple of offensive boards. Bargs may never get the latter given his role on that end, but if he can get around 6 on D, it shows he's really putting the effort.

Comment

Working...
              X