Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Linas Update? (post 54: Kleiza active and in uniform vs. Kings!)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

And that's why we're all keyboard warriors and not GM's. Seriously let's send him away or subject him to ignorant preconceptions before we even see what we have? Thankfully I guarantee Kleiza will have his opportunity to either impress or disappoint predicated on his own performance. If he's better than Butler/Johnson great we have options, if he isn't then great we have other options.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Yeah but what about the thread? Do someone knows something about his condition, when will he come back, etc.?
    They said 4-6 weeks at the start of the season. I would imagine he is now 3-5 weeks.

This Lithuanian article from 2 days ago is saying he will appear in around 2 weeks (keep in mind it was translated with Google Translate):

Predicted that this season the only NBA playing Lithuanian site will appear in less than two weeks.

http://www.15min.lt/naujiena/sportas...#axzz1iUbfVgsa

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lithuanian article gives the two weeks number based on a quote from Mike Ganter of the Toronto Sun.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Oh and just to address the people who said that Butler is not a consistent shooter, or that statistically Kleiza is a better shooter, that is all wrong. Kleiza shot 63% from the FT in Toronto, and less then .300 behind the three point line, while Butler has made almost a name for shooting threes. Even watching the NBA.com recap for the game yesterday, one of the things they said was, and I quote,

"Rasual Butler! He has been known to take a three."
    "Yes he has."
    Kleiza, was injured in pre-season its the same reason Barbosa's numbers are down from when he was in Phoenix. And I said career numbers, not saying that last year he was a better player than Butler.

Look, Butler shooting 3's reminds me of the glory days of Jamario Moon only difference being, Butler will proabaly only average 3 shots a game. He's a cross between an old Jamario and Antoine Wright, which is perfectly fine as a one year rental.

If healthy, the team will go with Kleiza, JJ and a SF lottery pick going forward.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Back before the season started they guessed sometime in mid-January he would be back. Seeing him working so hard, and without any visible ailments (in the background of all these training camp videos) makes me think he could be ready for the on court contact in roughly that mid-Jan timeframe.

He will be a great addition to our questionable depth. He can play some minutes at 3/4 as needed.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, we have 3 starters and 2 back-ups that can score, having another reliable bench option will help this team.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

really? Last I saw http://www.kleiza.com said he was stil a month or 2 away from playing condition. And even at that "playing condition" doesnt nessecarily mean full games. I'd still say 4-6 weeks minimum

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    really? Last I saw http://www.kleiza.com said he was stil a month or 2 away from playing condition. And even at that "playing condition" doesnt nessecarily mean full games. I'd still say 4-6 weeks minimum
    Leo and Matt were commenting last night on how he has been practising with the team ( I don't know if full contact) and that we would be seeing him fairly soon, 1-2 weeks.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza.com site doesn't look like reliable source, more like someone made this site to make money, if you click on advertisements. Kleiza was projected to return Mid January, i'd say we wait two weeks and see. It was being said, he is ahead of the plan. If he's not on the court mid January, reporters should start asking questions, or they can start now.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Kleiza is a beast, hes got size and toughness and the offense to back it up, but the consistency is the biggest question mark.
    +1. His offence on the second unit will make that much of a difference rather than Butler's defence as a starter. Melo did drop 35 on us at will remember? Melo of course was dropping 31 everywhere but if he dropped 23 on us that night (with Butler and JJ covering him), then I'd shut up.

PS> Also, watching JJ on offence last night made me cringe even more. I'm comfortable with JJ starting and Linas / Butler off the bench.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Thu Jan 5th, 2012 at 08:29 AM.
    ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kleiza is 'close'

Via twitter:

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    News from #Raptors practice was Kleiza looked good, Casey says he is close. But Gray not close and Bayless still day-to-day

Raptors Republic Rookie The Fox's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default FYI - Kleiza suiting up tonight against Nets.

Just came across this. Nice to get a body back...

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...s-weekend.html

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hes just dressing so it not for sure, hopefully he does play some minutes. If he can show Casey he will put effort in defending the perimeter then he will get the starting role for sure.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Im really torn now. I want the Raps to make the playoffs, but at the same time hope they get a high pick.

With players getting healthy and potentially be able to come in and contribute, could they just possibly have the chance to squeak into the 8th spot??

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think we have what it takes. We just have to beat the teams were suppose to. Like Cleveland and new jersey tonight
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Im really torn now. I want the Raps to make the playoffs, but at the same time hope they get a high pick.

With players getting healthy and potentially be able to come in and contribute, could they just possibly have the chance to squeak into the 8th spot??
    The next 7 games in 9 nights will give us a good indication of whether this team has the mental toughness required to realistically fight for a playoff berth.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie Vincent's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The addition of Kleiza for even a few minutes at the right time will help. With so many games over the next 9 days every minute counts, so Casey will have to be creative and reduce minutes whenever possible. He may need to be quicker with his timeouts or even burn the odd 1 to provide rest or to make a change if a needed stoppage in play does not materialize.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats to him coming back ahead of schedule! I'm not too sure on how much impact he makes. I don't think he's the difference maker that pulls them out of the basement and into the playoffs. I'm not even sure where he fits right now. James Johnson and Butler are playing well enough at the 3. The 4 is a logjam.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ can't play O for shit. Even time I see him taking a shot I cringe so hard...

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    JJ can't play O for shit. Even time I see him taking a shot I cringe so hard...
    +1

i'd welcome even just a few minutes a game from Kleiza at this point considering the offensive black hole we have at the 3 spot right now..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information