Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Linas Update? (post 54: Kleiza active and in uniform vs. Kings!)

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Congrats to him coming back ahead of schedule! I'm not too sure on how much impact he makes. I don't think he's the difference maker that pulls them out of the basement and into the playoffs. I'm not even sure where he fits right now. James Johnson and Butler are playing well enough at the 3. The 4 is a logjam.
    There's redundancy on our roster with Butler's current inability to hit a shot, and J.Johnson's CAREER inability to hit a shot (lol). But both do a good job on the defensive end. But on the other hand, Kleiza is basically the exact opposite (solid offensive arsenal, but can be exposed defensively against quicker wings).

However a Kleiza plus J.Johnson combo might be exactly what the doctor ordered to keep opposing teams off balance. Maybe J.Johnson starts games (he'll probably get better looks playing with Bargs, Calderon and DeMar more often), but doesn't need to have plays run for him....and he keeps guys like Granger, LeBron, Gay, Melo, etc. from getting hot to start games.

Then when we go to the bench, which has a tendency to struggle on the offensive end without Bargs, Calderon or DeMar on the floor, Kleiza steps in and takes over the scoring role. Barbosa will soon be traded, so we can't rely on him for long. And Bayless just isn't good enough to shoulder that scoring role alone.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest, I want to see him get a few minutes just to see how well he handles the defence. We all know he is very versatile on O, but will he buy in on D? How good is Casey really? I mean getting Linas, Bargs, and Jose to buy in would be COY worthy. It would be history making.

Really looking forward to seeing how Kleiza plays.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    How good is Casey really?
    he took an abysmal defense and quickly turned it into a sorta competent one over 6 games..

that alone is miraculous

name me a single 6 game stretch last year where they looked competent on D..... hell, find me 6 minute stretch

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vincent wrote: View Post
    He may need to be quicker with his timeouts or even burn the odd 1 to provide rest or to make a change if a needed stoppage in play does not materialize.
    The defensive change that Casey has brought about has been nothing short of incredible. The difference between him and Triano is simply night and day and one of those differences that I have loved watching so far this young season is his impeccable timing in calling time outs. I literally used to yell at my television "CALL A F@*&ING TO!!" at Triano but with Casey I've barely started thinking "we need a tim..." and he's called one. Whether it is to regroup on D, O or him recognizing that one or more of his players are gassing and need a quick breather. It really is a breath of fresh air to see a coach be so in tune with his players.

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bye Bye JJ.. it was nice having you as a raptor, until you decided to shoot.

Welcome back Special K!

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote b2kelly wrote: View Post
    Bye Bye JJ.. it was nice having you as a raptor, until you decided to shoot.

Welcome back Special K!
    A lil premature, hope you didn't jynx Linas.

Post Thanks / Like

We really need Kleiza right as we are really dry on scoring options, but I would rather seem him come in the game as a sub.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote smrt wrote: View Post
    ... with Casey I've barely started thinking "we need a tim..." and he's called one.

Raps could have saved a few million a year by hiring you. I bet you'd have taken the job for $250,000 and a photo op with the dance pack. :-)

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

he didn't play, load of garbage.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some news? Will he play tonight against Philly? We badly need some scoring...

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

- Linas Kleiza is close to returning from off-season surgery and could play on Saturday in Philadelphia.

Source: Wolstat, Toronto Sun

Post Thanks / Like

Bs didn't play again. We needed him bad our offense looked like complete garbage. I'm getting pissed off at DeRozan especially wtf is he doing. I swear i have better dribble moves then him and he has no crossover, he tries doing the behind the back and turns it over. Like serious come on man step it up. He's focusing too much on his jumpshot, he needs to improve blowing past guys off the dribble. But he does have a really nice euro step Dwyane wade type Euro step.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Kleiza coming back during our back to back to back stretch

Kleiza (knee) will travel to Colorado to visit with his doctor Monday, and it's expected he'll be cleared to play after the examination, the Toronto Sun reports

So we might see him in uniform for the home game against the wolves Monday or it might be the road game @ Washington on Tuesday. If he doesn't get back in time Monday and doesn't travel with the team on Tuesday, for sure he'll play Wednesday against the Kings. Come on LK we need you badly!

Post Thanks / Like

raptors Toronto Raptors
    #Raptors forward Linas Kleiza (knee surgery) is active & available to play tonight vs. Kings.

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    RT @RaptorsPR: #Raptors Linas Kleiza is active and in uniform tonight vs. Sacramento. Had been out since last ... m.tmi.me/kvrfw
    Good news.... Butler may be forever banished to third string!

Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza better come in a light up the kings like January 1st.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Kleiza better come in a light up the kings like January 1st.
    I don't think so - but i'd love to be wrong.

If he gets 10 mins I'll be surprised.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Yea, Kleiza Yea! Enjoy your last moments on the court Rasual, time to STEP YA GAME UP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think so - but i'd love to be wrong.

If he gets 10 mins I'll be surprised.

I was wrong. He played 14 minutes.

3-6 fg, 4-5 ft, 10 points, 3 rebs, 1 ast.

Considering how serious his injury and surgery was I'm not sure one could ask for a better return.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as he will pass somebody elses physical when he finally get some trade value back.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Kleiza will light up the pacers like Chinese new year and so will DeRozan.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information