Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linas Update? (post 54: Kleiza active and in uniform vs. Kings!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linas Update? (post 54: Kleiza active and in uniform vs. Kings!)

Anyone have any word on how Linas is progressing, will be be seeing him soon?
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Butler's made him completely expendable, look for him to play a bunch of minutes right before the trade deadline then sent out for a 2017 second rounder
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Not really what you were looking for, sorry
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
        Butler's made him completely expendable, look for him to play a bunch of minutes right before the trade deadline then sent out for a 2017 second rounder
        I don't think it's that easy. Butler's played 1 decent game. And to be honest, I'd much rather have Kleiza shooting corner 3s than Butler.

Butler is the superior defender, but Kleiza is the superior offensive threat (inside/outside J, creating his own shot, post-up game, etc.). Kleiza's also represents a Lithuanian comfort zone for when Valanciunas arrives next year. Kleiza's younger than Butler too, but is coming back from major knee surgery.

Butler's in his contract year at $1.2 million, while Kleiza is signed until 2014 with $13.8 million still owed.

Pros and cons to both guys. It won't be an easy decision for Colangelo. And who knows, maybe even J.Johnson draws the short straw...

Comment

It would be hard to move Linas right now with that contract coming off major knee surgery. I'll bet Kleiza be in fine form at the Olympic qualifier in Venezuela in July.

Comment

Kleiza is a beast, hes got size and toughness and the offense to back it up, but the consistency is the biggest question mark.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

So to summarize, you'd rather have a guy that's inconsistent offensively and doesn't defend over a solid defender and consistent shooter on your bench? Just checking.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I just wanted to know his progress, not debate his abilities or role with the team...that being said. We did not see a healthy Kleiza when he was playing last year and nobody knows how he will play if he comes back feeling better. We can all acknowledge the improvement in Bargnani's defensive awareness, can Linas not make the same progress?

Klieza gives us a low post option from the SF position as well as decent rebounding, toughness, and although streaky, he can make the 3 ball as well. I am unsure why some are so ready to write the guy off, look what a healthy Calderon is doing so far this year....
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

So to summarize, you'd rather have a guy that's inconsistent offensively and doesn't defend over a solid defender and consistent shooter on your bench? Just checking.
                  Consistent shooter? We're certainly not talking about Butler, are we?

Comment

Certainly moreso than Kleiza
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Your joking right? Healthy Kleiza>>>Butler
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Certainly moreso than Kleiza
                        Career stats would disagree with you.

Edit: Where is this doesn't defend idea coming from? He was our best player defending opposing PF's 1-1 last year, where he struggled was guarding quicker SF's and getting lost on switches. He wasn't passive like Bargnani, or completely lost like Derozan. We need a scorer in the block right now, and he'd be ideal if he were healthy.
                        Last edited by Raptorsss; Tue Jan 3, 2012, 04:42 PM.

Comment

This is a bit off topic for this thread but continuing on the discussion of Butler vs Kleiza, I checked basketball-reference.com for their stats, and I found it very interesting to see how close Butler is from Kleiza with respect to their career stats:

Butler:
                          G   GS  MP   FG  FGA FG%  3P  3PA 3P%  FT  FTA FT%  ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF  PTS
                          609 254 23.9 3.2 8.0 .401 1.3 3.5 .361 0.9 1.1 .752 0.4 2.2 2.6 0.9 0.4 0.6 0.7 1.6 8.5

Kleiza:
                          G   GS  MP  FG  FGA FG%  3P  3PA 3P%  FT  FTA FT%  ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF  PTS
                          340 59 19.9 3.1 6.9 .447 0.9 2.7 .336 1.5 2.1 .752 1.0 2.6 3.6 0.8 0.4 0.2 1.0 2.1 8.6

I'd say Kleiza has the edge over FG% but Butler has the edge over 3FG%.

In the 'defense' department.. Kleiza has a career DRating of 110. While Butler has a career DRating of 109.

Since Butler is cheaper, I think he'd be the better person to have (but that's a moot point since we have them both). Long term I don't think it really matters as I'd prefer not to have either of them.

Comment

And Kleiza is 7 years younger than Butler...

Comment

butler is more clutch...

Comment

Working...
                              X