Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Linas Update? (post 54: Kleiza active and in uniform vs. Kings!)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

And that's why we're all keyboard warriors and not GM's. Seriously let's send him away or subject him to ignorant preconceptions before we even see what we have? Thankfully I guarantee Kleiza will have his opportunity to either impress or disappoint predicated on his own performance. If he's better than Butler/Johnson great we have options, if he isn't then great we have other options.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Yeah but what about the thread? Do someone knows something about his condition, when will he come back, etc.?
    They said 4-6 weeks at the start of the season. I would imagine he is now 3-5 weeks.

This Lithuanian article from 2 days ago is saying he will appear in around 2 weeks (keep in mind it was translated with Google Translate):

Predicted that this season the only NBA playing Lithuanian site will appear in less than two weeks.

http://www.15min.lt/naujiena/sportas...#axzz1iUbfVgsa

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The Lithuanian article gives the two weeks number based on a quote from Mike Ganter of the Toronto Sun.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Oh and just to address the people who said that Butler is not a consistent shooter, or that statistically Kleiza is a better shooter, that is all wrong. Kleiza shot 63% from the FT in Toronto, and less then .300 behind the three point line, while Butler has made almost a name for shooting threes. Even watching the NBA.com recap for the game yesterday, one of the things they said was, and I quote,

"Rasual Butler! He has been known to take a three."
    "Yes he has."
    Kleiza, was injured in pre-season its the same reason Barbosa's numbers are down from when he was in Phoenix. And I said career numbers, not saying that last year he was a better player than Butler.

Look, Butler shooting 3's reminds me of the glory days of Jamario Moon only difference being, Butler will proabaly only average 3 shots a game. He's a cross between an old Jamario and Antoine Wright, which is perfectly fine as a one year rental.

If healthy, the team will go with Kleiza, JJ and a SF lottery pick going forward.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Back before the season started they guessed sometime in mid-January he would be back. Seeing him working so hard, and without any visible ailments (in the background of all these training camp videos) makes me think he could be ready for the on court contact in roughly that mid-Jan timeframe.

He will be a great addition to our questionable depth. He can play some minutes at 3/4 as needed.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, we have 3 starters and 2 back-ups that can score, having another reliable bench option will help this team.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

really? Last I saw http://www.kleiza.com said he was stil a month or 2 away from playing