Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Linas Update? (post 54: Kleiza active and in uniform vs. Kings!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kleiza is 'close'

Via twitter:

WolstatSun Ryan Wolstat
    News from #Raptors practice was Kleiza looked good, Casey says he is close. But Gray not close and Bayless still day-to-day

Comment

FYI - Kleiza suiting up tonight against Nets.

Just came across this. Nice to get a body back...

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/201...s-weekend.html
      Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

Hes just dressing so it not for sure, hopefully he does play some minutes. If he can show Casey he will put effort in defending the perimeter then he will get the starting role for sure.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Im really torn now. I want the Raps to make the playoffs, but at the same time hope they get a high pick.

With players getting healthy and potentially be able to come in and contribute, could they just possibly have the chance to squeak into the 8th spot??

Comment

I actually think we have what it takes. We just have to beat the teams were suppose to. Like Cleveland and new jersey tonight
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              Im really torn now. I want the Raps to make the playoffs, but at the same time hope they get a high pick.

With players getting healthy and potentially be able to come in and contribute, could they just possibly have the chance to squeak into the 8th spot??
              The next 7 games in 9 nights will give us a good indication of whether this team has the mental toughness required to realistically fight for a playoff berth.

Comment

The addition of Kleiza for even a few minutes at the right time will help. With so many games over the next 9 days every minute counts, so Casey will have to be creative and reduce minutes whenever possible. He may need to be quicker with his timeouts or even burn the odd 1 to provide rest or to make a change if a needed stoppage in play does not materialize.

Comment

Congrats to him coming back ahead of schedule! I'm not too sure on how much impact he makes. I don't think he's the difference maker that pulls them out of the basement and into the playoffs. I'm not even sure where he fits right now. James Johnson and Butler are playing well enough at the 3. The 4 is a logjam.

Comment

JJ can't play O for shit. Even time I see him taking a shot I cringe so hard...

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      JJ can't play O for shit. Even time I see him taking a shot I cringe so hard...
                      +1

i'd welcome even just a few minutes a game from Kleiza at this point considering the offensive black hole we have at the 3 spot right now..

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Congrats to him coming back ahead of schedule! I'm not too sure on how much impact he makes. I don't think he's the difference maker that pulls them out of the basement and into the playoffs. I'm not even sure where he fits right now. James Johnson and Butler are playing well enough at the 3. The 4 is a logjam.
                        There's redundancy on our roster with Butler's current inability to hit a shot, and J.Johnson's CAREER inability to hit a shot (lol). But both do a good job on the defensive end. But on the other hand, Kleiza is basically the exact opposite (solid offensive arsenal, but can be exposed defensively against quicker wings).

However a Kleiza plus J.Johnson combo might be exactly what the doctor ordered to keep opposing teams off balance. Maybe J.Johnson starts games (he'll probably get better looks playing with Bargs, Calderon and DeMar more often), but doesn't need to have plays run for him....and he keeps guys like Granger, LeBron, Gay, Melo, etc. from getting hot to start games.

Then when we go to the bench, which has a tendency to struggle on the offensive end without Bargs, Calderon or DeMar on the floor, Kleiza steps in and takes over the scoring role. Barbosa will soon be traded, so we can't rely on him for long. And Bayless just isn't good enough to shoulder that scoring role alone.

Comment

To be honest, I want to see him get a few minutes just to see how well he handles the defence. We all know he is very versatile on O, but will he buy in on D? How good is Casey really? I mean getting Linas, Bargs, and Jose to buy in would be COY worthy. It would be history making.

Really looking forward to seeing how Kleiza plays.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                            How good is Casey really?
                            he took an abysmal defense and quickly turned it into a sorta competent one over 6 games..

that alone is miraculous

name me a single 6 game stretch last year where they looked competent on D..... hell, find me 6 minute stretch

Comment

Vincent wrote: View Post
                              He may need to be quicker with his timeouts or even burn the odd 1 to provide rest or to make a change if a needed stoppage in play does not materialize.
                              The defensive change that Casey has brought about has been nothing short of incredible. The difference between him and Triano is simply night and day and one of those differences that I have loved watching so far this young season is his impeccable timing in calling time outs. I literally used to yell at my television "CALL A F@*&ING TO!!" at Triano but with Casey I've barely started thinking "we need a tim..." and he's called one. Whether it is to regroup on D, O or him recognizing that one or more of his players are gassing and need a quick breather. It really is a breath of fresh air to see a coach be so in tune with his players.

Comment

Bye Bye JJ.. it was nice having you as a raptor, until you decided to shoot.

Welcome back Special K!

Comment

Working...
                                X