No announcement yet.

Popovich: Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popovich doesn't watch film of other teams. Telling it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC-h...utu.be&t=4m17s

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      Popovich doesn't watch film of other teams. Telling it like it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EC-h...utu.be&t=4m17s
      Oh man.

I love pop.

Very much same philosophy I have coaching. I'm never worry about other teams. Focus on basic individuals and team fundamentals and what we're trying to do.

Comment

Chris Mannix: Pop was asked about rookie Kyle Anderson. "He's playing like one minute a game." And what he sees in practice? Pop: "I don't watch him." Twitter @ChrisMannixSI -

lol - harsh

Comment

Comment

Oh I'm going to miss this guy.

Comment

Jeff McDonald: Pop, on the analytics revolution: “I look at the analytics. Some of it is very worthwhile. Some of it is superfluous poppycock.” – via Twitter JMcDonald_SAEN

Jeff McDonald: Pop on winning Coach of the Month: “I think you should at least get a car. If you don’t get a car, I don’t give a damn.”

pop being pop

Comment

I saw that car one and I immediately thought to some of the congratulations we see here for Player/Coach of the Week award.

Love Pop.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Saw this on RealGM today....typical Spurs "grown up" approach.

Gregg Popovich was asked what the San Antonio Spurs look for when bringing someone into their franchise.

"For us, it’s easy. We’re looking for character, but what the hell does that mean? We’re looking for people -- and I’ve said it many times -- that have gotten over themselves. And you can tell that pretty quick. You can talk to somebody for four or five minutes, and you can tell if it’s about them or if they understand that they’re just a piece of the puzzle. So we look for that.

"A sense of humor is a huge thing with us. You’ve got to be able to laugh. You’ve got to be able to take a dig, give a dig, that sort of thing, and feel comfortable in your own skin that you don’t have all the answers. People who are participatory. The guys in the film room can tell me what they think of how we played last night if they want to. Sean Marks would sit in on our coaches meetings when we’re arguing about how to play the pick-and-roll or who we’re going to play or who we’re going to sit.

"We need people who can handle information and not take it personally because in most of these organizations, there’s a big divide. All of the sudden, the wall goes up between management and coaching, and everybody is ready to blame back and forth. And that’s the rule, rather than the exception. It just happens, but that’s about people. It’s about finding people who have all those kinds of qualities, so we do our best to look for that, and when somebody comes, they figure it out pretty quick."

Wonder if Masai/Casey think likewise.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...or-When-Hiring

Comment

Working...
                  X