Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: New Jersey Nets - Jan 6th game

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default New Jersey Nets - Jan 6th game

    Trap game anyone? D will is active (as is mr kardashian)

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Top 5 pick is looking good

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hump > Raptors.

    BTW It's ridiculous how Bargs didn't get the ball in the 3rd/4th.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Guess what, Bargs didn't eat that primo pasta like he was supposed to, and DeMar didn't gangbang like he usually does for good luck before games, thats why we lost.

    And Jose, well he just looked like a matador who got impaled out there, and the bull was Deron Williams.
    Last edited by e2thed; Fri Jan 6th, 2012 at 09:41 PM.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welp,
    @jerboat

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,364
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Next time I'll let Casey know when I get that feeling.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,658
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oops!

    Wtf happened. Power outage.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him. Right now is the era of the Guards especially point guards i think we need a younger and more athletic PG. I'm not saying jose is bad he's great but i think he would do better off the bench especially when we're facing a team with an elite PG like D Will, Rose, Westbrook or CP3. As for Bargnani, his rebounding was terrible, most of the time he was just standing there not trying to jump for the ball. I saw multiple possessions when he let Humphries or petro just grab the offensive rebound and put it back he didn't even try to box out or fight for the rebound. You can brag all you want about his scoring and how his defense is improved but his rebounding is still crap, i mean rasual butler is better at grabbing boards then this guy. Even my man DeRozan was getting man handled by Stevenson, he definitely needs to be more aggressive and improve his handles. I'm done with my rant, overall it was a disappointing game and i hate losing to the nets and letting Humpries bully us on the glass.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him. Right now is the era of the Guards especially point guards i think we need a younger and more athletic PG. I'm not saying jose is bad he's great but i think he would do better off the bench especially when we're facing a team with an elite PG like D Will, Rose, Westbrook or CP3. As for Bargnani, his rebounding was terrible, most of the time he was just standing there not trying to jump for the ball. I saw multiple possessions when he let Humphries or petro just grab the offensive rebound and put it back he didn't even try to box out or fight for the rebound. You can brag all you want about his scoring and how his defense is improved but his rebounding is still crap, i mean rasual butler is better at grabbing boards then this guy. Even my man DeRozan was getting man handled by Stevenson, he definitely needs to be more aggressive and improve his handles. I'm done with my rant, overall it was a disappointing game and i hate losing to the nets and letting Humpries bully us on the glass.
    He was putting on the moves but not actually scoring (until the 3rd). Deron Williams wasn't really the main reason we lose, it was because we couldn't stop Hump from dominating the boards and allowed a crapload of boards and second chance points. On top of that we went away from Bargs for some reason even though he was the most effective Raptors on the floor. On top of all of that we couldn't cover anyone deep.

    Kris Humphries 6 PT 2-8 FG 2-6 FT 0-0 3P 16/9 RB 1 AS 0 BL 0 ST 3 TO 4 PF 37 MN
    Andrea Bargnani 17 PT 6-12 FG 4-5 FT 1-1 3P 4/1 RB 3 AS 2 BL 0 ST 1 TO 1 PF 36 MN
    Deron Williams 24 PT 6-18 FG 11-13 FT 1-4 3P 5/0 RB 9 AS 0 BL 2 ST 4 TO 3 PF 38 MN
    Jose Calderon 19 PT 7-13 FG 3-3 FT 2-6 3P 2/0 RB 8 AS 0 BL 1 ST 0 TO 2 PF 36 MN
    DeMar DeRozan 3 PT 1-6 FG 1-2 FT 0-1 3P 2/0 RB 2 AS 1 BL 2 ST 3 TO 3 PF 27 MN
    Amir Johnson 8 PT 4-8 FG 0-1 FT 0-0 3P 10/4 RB 0 AS 2 BL 0 ST 3 TO 2 PF 25 MN


    I don't see how you can let Hump get 16 rebounds (9 offensive) and expect to win the game...
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Jan 6th, 2012 at 11:39 PM.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,528
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    tell me about it.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What an ugly game.

    Looks like we can add DeMar to the list of players who have been told.

    Not much else to say except why not give the ball to Andrea in positions to score?

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    839
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That was a horrible effort all around...except for Jose. You can't really blame Jose for Deron Williams scoring 24 because a it was Rasual Butler guarding him the majority of the time and Deron Williams is an all-star, there aren't many people in the game that can stop him. Let him get his points but stop the scrubs from scoring.

    Over all the team sucked, no effort. I'm a Bargs fan, so I'm not just ripping on him, he didn't give a great effort. Although he should have gotten the ball more. I've noticed over the last couple games he has been standing around a lot. Why is he always standing around at the three point line on offence? I agree with him going out there in some instances but he should be playing closer to the basket. He has been lights out when he is attacking the basket and shooting within 10ft. Have him bounce out for threes when people are penetrating, but other than that he should be inside.

    People were ripping on the 4 boards, but tonight he was going for it on the glass and boxing out. He is a really poor rebounder, it's not part of his game. Rebounding is a skill and he sucks at it but, I've noticed he may not be grabbing a bunch, but he is boxing out the closest guy to him.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Does anyone still feel that jose is our pg of the future? as you saw tonight he got Destroyed by D Will, crossing him up, hesitation you name it jose couldn't stay in front of him.
    D Will does that to 90% of the PGs in the league. That's why he's a star and has highlight reels. Says more about D will than it does about Jose.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    That was a horrible effort all around...except for Jose. You can't really blame Jose for Deron Williams scoring 24 because a it was Rasual Butler guarding him the majority of the time and Deron Williams is an all-star, there aren't many people in the game that can stop him. Let him get his points but stop the scrubs from scoring.

    Over all the team sucked, no effort. I'm a Bargs fan, so I'm not just ripping on him, he didn't give a great effort. Although he should have gotten the ball more. I've noticed over the last couple games he has been standing around a lot. Why is he always standing around at the three point line on offence? I agree with him going out there in some instances but he should be playing closer to the basket. He has been lights out when he is attacking the basket and shooting within 10ft. Have him bounce out for threes when people are penetrating, but other than that he should be inside.

    People were ripping on the 4 boards, but tonight he was going for it on the glass and boxing out. He is a really poor rebounder, it's not part of his game. Rebounding is a skill and he sucks at it but, I've noticed he may not be grabbing a bunch, but he is boxing out the closest guy to him.
    A lot of players looked extremely tired, including Bargnani - which is not a good sign for just the start of this stretch of games.

    JJ/ED/Amir looked to be the only ones with a solid pulse.

    As for Bargnani's rebounding, I would agree. As long as he is boxing his man out and keeping him off the glass, I don't care if he gets 4 or 10. Clearly there is a team focus on boxing out and there have been numerous times when a number of Raptor players could take the ball and Andrea isn't the one to get it. The effort is definitely there though.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quotes from post-game:

    “This is a great lesson for us,” Casey said after Toronto fell to 3-4 on the season by losing to the 2-6 Nets before 16,771 at the Air Canada Centre.

    “We were feeling good and happy on the farm and I thought New Jersey did a great job coming in and playing like a desperate team and we did not.”
    “It’s about us, we just didn’t have it,” said guard Jose Calderon, who had a team-high 19 points. “We didn’t work the way we were supposed to out there, we got our game plan and it was great, we just didn’t execute the way we were supposed to.

    “(It was) just a bad game. We’ll go to the next one and forget about this one.”
    “This is a great lesson for us to know we’ve got a long way to go,” said Casey. “I’ve said it all week and I’ll stay say it: We have a ways to go to change our mentality, change our approach and keep it consistent. You can’t do it one or two games and revert back to ‘NBA cool.’”

    On sitting DeMar and going with Forbes:
    “DeMar was having a rough night. He had, what? Three points?” said Casey. “Again, I was just searching for some juice, searching for some offensive points.”

    “We’re a work in progress,” said Casey. “I’m not down after a loss and I don’t get too excited after wins because I know the process that it’s going to take us to grow.

    “There’s going to be nights like this, there’s going to be ups and downs. Our job as a staff and our job as a team is to get it consistent where we come out with the same approach, the same mentality every game. Our challenge now will be to rev it back up and go out in more of a desperate mode on a back-to-back game.”

    “That’s a sign of not being physical in the paint but again, it goes back to us stepping on the court and playing desperate,” said Casey. “Not playing tight, but playing like a desperate, hungry team and I don’t think we did that tonight.”

    Source: Toronto Star

    Keep pounding the rock fellas!

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    D Will does that to 90% of the PGs in the league. That's why he's a star and has highlight reels. Says more about D will than it does about Jose.
    Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.
    Thank you

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Exactly.. I don't think you can base whether he should be our "PG of the future" on one game.. Yes, obviously he had trouble defending him, but how about D-Will's defense? I haven't heard anyone mention that at all.. I happen to recall a lot of open shots for Calderon.. and hey, Williams was 6-18, granted he did get to the line a lot. The stat line between the two were pretty equal regardless, so why is everyone so ready to throw Calderon under the bus for a bad game by the whole team.
    Thank you

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It all starts with the PG play, Jose set the trend last game for poor defense.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star Puffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,346
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    It all starts with the PG play, Jose set the trend last game for poor defense.
    Might be the silliest thing I have ever read here.

    You are suggesting that because one of the premier point guards in the league shot 33% from the field, as opposed to Calderons 53%, and 25% from three point range as opposed to Calderons 33% and scored 5 more points while playing 2.5 more minutes, that Calderon is somehow responsible for the Raptors losing?

    Oh, oh, you mean the fact that he got 9 assists compared to Calderons 8, that proves it's Calderons fault that Derozan only scored 3 points and Barbosa only scored 2?

    Why didn't I see that. It's so obvious now that you point it out. It's all Calderons fault.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •