X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland: January 4th

The Raptors are 2-3.

Cleveland are 3-2.

The Raptors could easily be 3-2 - one could also make the argument for 4-2 - but as the favourite NBA saying goes, "It is what it is."

I think Cleveland will give a more sustained effort in this game and the Raptors will need to protect any lead better than they have been.

Sam has a good write up on the front page - you should check it out if you have not already done so.

Alabi has been sent to the D-League so anyone who has had the candle burning for him to enter the game can extinguish it.... the vigil can take a rest.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    The Raptors could easily be 3-2 - one could also make the argument for 4-2 - but as the favourite NBA saying goes, "It is what it is."
    4-1 maybe, but 4-2 is really, really, really pushing it, matt

Comment

i'm always up for it as it is...
      It would be stupid to go for what it would be... check then what CLE would be.. and it doesnt mater what it is now. we just need to win (or even better to loose, to keep up that tanking position). But i'm sure we will not be loosin that much as i thought before, so i backed off on Barnes.. it seems we got chance on Kabongo

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        4-1 maybe, but 4-2 is really, really, really pushing it, matt
        Oh dear.... the embarrassment.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Oh dear.... the embarrassment.
          I understand, it will be hard to get through the day without constantly feeling ashamed.

About the game: Cleveland is 3-2, but they a pretty easy schedule to start the season, New Jersey, Charlotte, Detroit and Indiana. Three out of four are lottery bound.

Compared to the first game I expect Irving to play better, I saw parts of yesterday's game against Charlotte and he did pretty well. Nevertheless, if Andrea plays as well as he did after the first game versus Cleveland we should win this one (and maybe even pretty easily...).

Comment

Welcome, to the .500 club! Sorry Tristan, your hometown(close enough) debut shall go down in defeat for you!

I'm expecting a real fun game to watch, the crowd should be into it a little more so than usual IMO.

Comment

Posted this in the "Lets NBA" section, but I guess its relevant here as well:

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Cavaliers backup center Samardo Samuels will not play in Toronto because he doesn't have a passport.

The team said Samuels did not travel with the club and won't be in uniform Wednesday night as Cleveland visits the Raptors to open a seven-game road trip. The Cavs said Samuels, who is averaging 7.3 points and 2.5 rebounds in 16 minutes, will rejoin them in Minnesota Thursday.

Samuels recently said on his Twitter account that he had lost his passport. He is completing the proper paperwork to get a new one.

Also, the Cavs have assigned forward Christian Eyenga to Canton of the NBA Development League. Eyenga has played just one minute this season. He started 18 games for Cleveland last season.

Source
              Hilarious.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                Welcome, to the .500 club! Sorry Tristan, your hometown(close enough) debut shall go down in defeat for you!

I'm expecting a real fun game to watch, the crowd should be into it a little more so than usual IMO.
                Errrr, I meant whatever kinda crowd there is. The joint looks to be half empty at least.

Comment

How bout that Buzzer-beater 3 from Demar?! Unreal.

He is officially a threat from downtown, hitting 7/11 3's this Season.

ADD ANOTHER BUZZER BEATER 3?! WHAT THE HELL?! KOBE DEROZAN!!
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 09:06 PM.

Comment

LOL he just did it again at the half! BOOYOW Looked like a replay...

Comment

He's got 3 3pters in the half!! Thats one less than his whole Rookie Season!! hahah

Comment

Two more 3s, and DeRay DeAllen will have made as many 3s this year as he has in his first two seasons.

Comment

Bargnani with crazy assists.

DeRozan nailing 3pt's.

The only thing keeping us out of the Twilight Zone are both have made some poor mistakes that have cost the Raps on D.

Jamison has 17 and Bargnani certainly has been at fault for a few of those baskets. However he has been hung out to dry on a few others on the rotations - or lack thereof.

Comment

Oh boy... Leo wants to start calling Jose "Purolator", and now Devlin just chimed in calling DeMar "3D" SMDH!

Comment

breakout game for DD

Comment

Working...
                              X