No announcement yet.

Cleveland: January 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Johnson's offensive game leaves something to be desired... He doesn't seem to do much right which leads to forced shots in tight situations. I thought he was better than that coming out of Wake?

Comment

4 Point play from Bargs!!

Loved that reaction after he hit the shot too. He is oozing confidence right now... And hair gel.

ADD And the reverse after some good contact?! Lovin' this Bargs! His percentages are ridic!!
      Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 09:42 PM.

Comment

And if he keeps it up, I just might become a Barg-liever! *That's my Devlin impression for the night*

Comment

Tim will eventually come poop all over our parade though I imaigne. hahah

Comment

There have been some great highlights in this game but by far the best one, for me, was the reaction Ed Davis had when Bargnani stuck the jumper (the one before the reverse lay up and after the 4 point play). He stood up on the bench, pumped his fist, and was genuinely enthused. He was the last one to sit down as well. Glad to see that a guy who is struggling, trying to find his way with new coach/systems, and is young is still rooting for his teammates - especially the one starting ahead of him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              There have been some great highlights in this game but by far the best one, for me, was the reaction Ed Davis had when Bargnani stuck the jumper (the one before the reverse lay up and after the 4 point play). He stood up on the bench, pumped his fist, and was genuinely enthused. He was the last one to sit down as well. Glad to see that a guy who is struggling, trying to find his way with new coach/systems, and is young is still rooting for his teammates - especially the one starting ahead of him.
              Saw that, and I was very happy to see it.
              Because I had actually wondered if I sensed some animousity between the two earlier in the game, as Bargs went down and Ed was right there and never helped him up. Sure it was nothing though.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                And you know what, he'd be a little bit correct. There are still some really silly mistakes he is making defensively and squeezing that ball on the glass. However I'm sure many mistakes will be worked out over the next 60 games.

Case in point, Bargnani getting rubbed off on screens. In his defense on a couple he is getting no help from the teammate guarding the screener - not a bump, are they calling screen?, no positioning to force Bargnani's man (in this case Jamison) wide and help create space for Bargnani to get through.

I just love this team and their style of play right now and the promise of the future (JV, 2012 pick, free agency).

Comment

Matt52 wrote:
                  And you know what, he'd be a little bit correct. There are still some really silly mistakes he is making defensively and squeezing that ball on the glass. However I'm sure many mistakes will be worked out over the next 60 games.

Case in point, Bargnani getting rubbed off on screens. In his defense on a couple he is getting no help from the teammate guarding the screener - not a bump, are they calling screen?, no positioning to force Bargnani's man (in this case Jamison) wide and help create space for Bargnani to get through.

But Bargs is putting effort on Defense. Thats all that counts for me.
                  He's trying. He showing hard, he's sliding his feet, he's hustling for rebounds, banging bodies. Trying. And I love it. At least this way he can't blame being lazy if he's actually a bad defender. Which I don't believe he is.
                  Only so much he can do without his teammates help. He's been playing Jamison hard this whole Second Half.
                  Last edited by Joey; Wed Jan 4, 2012, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Defensively Bargnani still got a lot to improve upon (like most others btw) but you can't expect anything else after about three and a half weeks. The intent and start is there, that's good.

What I'm very happy with is how Bargnani's offense has been much more efficient (so far...). He's being put in better positions and the defense is having a tougher time guarding him because of better spacing and he has been able to find cutters and team mates who are open (loved the cross court pass to DeMar).

Comment

LOL Barbosa's deeeeeep 3

Comment

On an unrelated note, is it just me, or does Ramon Sessions and Jerryd Bayless look a lot alike?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Tim will come when we are on a 5-10 game losing streak with some blowouts along the way. Which will probably happen sometime this season.

Comment

Just now wanted to write that officials are not against us in this game; offensive basketinterference (spelling?) was a wrong call, James Johson took a charge with a foot way over the line. But on the next possession Andrea gets called for the offensive foul without doing anything (watched the replay a couple of times). So I won't write that.

Comment

Why didn't somebody bitchslap Bargnani about 5 years ago? Are you telling me that's all this guy needed was a bit of tough love?

Dwane Casey you are the man!

Comment

I think the difference is that Casey is not just telling him "play better," but is also showing how Bargnani can do this.

Comment

Working...
                                X