Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nooooo they're gonna go .500 ......I'm gonna have to change my name

Comment

Bargs and DeMar were unreal. The team exudes confidence this year, it's really infectious. I need a GARY FORBES jersey.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        I think the difference is that Casey is not just telling him "play better," but is also showing how Bargnani can do this.
        DING DING DING!

You nailed it.

Anyone can yell at a player and tell him to play better D and hit the boards.

What Bargnani (and the whole young team in general) needs is a guy who is going to hold them accountable, show tough love, offer praise and positive reinforcement when deserved, and without a doubt, most importantly, TEACH.

Dwane Casey is the best thing to happen to Toronto in a long, long time in my opinion.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          There have been some great highlights in this game but by far the best one, for me, was the reaction Ed Davis had when Bargnani stuck the jumper (the one before the reverse lay up and after the 4 point play). He stood up on the bench, pumped his fist, and was genuinely enthused. He was the last one to sit down as well. Glad to see that a guy who is struggling, trying to find his way with new coach/systems, and is young is still rooting for his teammates - especially the one starting ahead of him.
          Actually this highlight was topped.

In the post game, on floor interview with Bargnani, Leo kept asking Andrea about his personal success, especially offensively. Andrea kept turning the issues back to DC, the team, and the defense. To me that shows he is humble and a class act especially considering how clearly genuine he was.

I hope he keeps putting in the effort because I honestly don't see anyone able to stop Bargnani except himself. One could say teams are going to start preparing for him but he isn't doing anything different than he has always done or shown he is capable of doing - the difference is he is making smarter decisions and being much more efficient.

Comment

Oh my god, I was thinking the exact same thing. Sessions looks like a darker Jerryd Bayless with sharper features. It was sort of uncanny the first time that I saw him today.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              I hope he keeps putting in the effort because I honestly don't see anyone able to stop Bargnani except himself. One could say teams are going to start preparing for him but he isn't doing anything different than he has always done or shown he is capable of doing - the difference is he is making smarter decisions and being much more efficient.
              To be honest, he looks like he's doing a lot more than he has normally done in the past. He's a lot more assertive overall with his game as a whole. He used to be appear quite lazy and very ho-hum most nights. He has a passion this year it seems, which is what I've always wanted to see from him personally.

Comment

What a great game. I know I'll fall asleep with a smile on my face tonight (I know it was Cleveland but still, it was a great basketball game and hopefully a sign of things to come).

DD - awesome. We can strike develop a 3pt shot off the sh!t list. Just creating (himself/others) and defense left to sh!t on. (9-18fg, 5-8 3pt, 2-2 ft, 25 pt, 5 reb)

AB - awesome. A number of defensive miscues in the first half. Started the second half with one and Casey let him know about it, stellar D the rest of the way. Oh yeah, he had a fairly good offensive night too - 11-16fg, 3-7 3pt, 31pts, 7 rebs, 3ast, 1blk.

Butler - don't let the NYK game fool you. I think we'll see more of tonight than Tuesday night.

Amir/ED - great minute distribution - 27/23. Hopefully we see more nights like this. Both were effective: Amir - 6pts, 4 rebs, 1 ast, 2 stl; ED - 8 pts, 7 rebs.

Calderon - you have to give credit where it is due: 13/11/6. 11:1 assist to turnover ratio..... wow.

Minus Barbosa's 3 from Burlington, a forgettable night.

AC, Jamaal - 11 solid minutes each. Exactly what you want from your veteran, minimum contract guys.

Forbes needs more minutes to get an idea of what he is all about. But where do you get the minutes with Barbosa and DD at the 2 and Butler, JJ, and soon to be Kleiza at the 3?

JJ is an energy player. Any points he gets is a bonus (sort of like my buddy who had crazy ass fetish going.... his motto: "Breasts are a bonus." JJ's new motto: "Points are a bonus). Dreadful shooting at 1-8 but 8 rebs, 2 ast, 2 stl, 2 blk.

Go Raps!

Comment

whats up with DeRozan going Ray Allen tonight. I like the 3pt shots but i wanted a few more dunks

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                    To be honest, he looks like he's doing a lot more than he has normally done in the past. He's a lot more assertive overall with his game as a whole. He used to be appear quite lazy and very ho-hum most nights. He has a passion this year it seems, which is what I've always wanted to see from him personally.
                    Exactly. He is playing with effort now. Maybe I should have said 'consistent' effort.

We've always seen the ability to make incredible shots, drives, and passes - the problem was consistency. Now we are seeing him do these things consistently and making the right decisions - no forcing the pump fake, no driving in to the lane for a charge as two examples.

Defensively he is night and day and, again, it is all about effort.

If he keeps putting the effort in, the only person I can see stopping him is himself.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      whats up with DeRozan going Ray Allen tonight. I like the 3pt shots but i wanted a few more dunks
                      None of his 3's were forced or considered bad shots (I don't consider shot clock winding down a forced or bad shot btw). You take what the defense gives you. I would trade dunks for making good threes within the flow of the offense any day.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        I'll agree with Matt. Besides, 3's are worth 1 more point than a dunk so what's wrong with that?

They have dunk contests for dunking! *That's just me being cheeky. Don't get it twisted I love me some in-game dunks!*

Comment

i still haven't seen a windmill or 360 from him yet so I'm kind of anxious to see that.

Comment

Two highlights I personally enjoyed, Bargs 4 point play celebration, and Barbosa deep three, even though it was dumb.
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I liked it when DeRozan hit anĂ³ther three and barely could believe it himself.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                I liked it when DeRozan hit anĂ³ther three and barely could believe it himself.
                                Hahaha Loved that one.

He's surprising himself with how much his effort over the offseason has paid off.

Comment

Working...
                                X