Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Raptors on the All-Star Ballot, lets send them to the game! (see post 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Picks .40 Cal! I had Bargs, Bosh, Calderon, DD and Howard as well. Haha
    Bosh has playing stellar ball this year. No need for bashing in my opinion.

In the West I went with KLove, Durant, Paul, Bryant and Bynum.

Let's keep this going! Vote early and Vote often Fellas! You can vote EVERY DAY.

Here's the link to the Voting Page

26 DAYS LEFT TO VOTE!!
    Send the Raps to Orlando!!

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
      Yes good idea! Everybody do your part and get our guys in! It's our duty as Raptors Republic soldiers!!

BTW, curious, who did everybody vote for?? Other than our 3 guys of course.

My picks:

East

Bargs

Bosh (let the bashing begin) hahaha

Caldy

DD

Howard

West

Dirk

Durant

Westbrook

Bryant

Bynum
      I simply voted for just Bargs, Calderon, and Derozan lol.......I would love to see a Raptor in the ASG, and I really don't care who else makes it, because regardless of who does, you know it's going to be entertaining and those other stars will get their votes...

BOSH? REALLY???? .....dissapointed lol
      Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

Hey Guys,
        I voted for Demar and Andrea but I chose to vote for Rose at the PG instead of Jose. Although I have to say I do love his play so far. There were too many good guards in the east to avoid picking.

I voted:

East

PG: Derrick Rose
        SG: Demar Derozan
        SF: Lebron James
        PF: Andrea Bargnani
        C: Dwight Howard

West

PG: Chris Paul
        SG: Kobe Bryant
        SF: Kevin Durant
        PF: Blake Griffin
        C: Andrew Bynum

I have to agree with huskie2raps, really guys bosh??
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
          Hey Guys,
          I voted for Demar and Andrea but I chose to vote for Rose at the PG instead of Jose. Although I have to say I do love his play so far. There were too many good guards in the east to avoid picking.
          Same here, gotta be realistic, if you watch the Raptors Post Up on NBATV Canada after games, David Amber told Jose after last nights game that he was in the All Star ballot, and Jose started laughing , 'cause he knows that he doesn't have a chance at all, its the sad truth.

I have to agree with huskie2raps, really guys bosh??
          Bosh is one of the more consistant PFs in the league today.

He still looks like he belongs in the zoo, or a museum.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I would say the only player who has a realistic shot at earning an All-Star berth is Bargnani, and that would have to be via coaches' votes. I don't see him making enough noise (outside Toronto) for NBA fans to vote for Bargnani....especially if the Raptors have a losing record.

And since the ballot doesn't distinguish between PGs and SGs, DeRozan and Jose will be competing against each other for votes. And with Rose, D.Will, Allen, J.Johnson, Wade, and Rondo all but guaranteed a roster spot, it won't be easy for our guys.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              Same here, gotta be realistic, if you watch the Raptors Post Up on NBATV Canada after games, David Amber told Jose after last nights game that he was in the All Star ballot, and Jose started laughing , 'cause he knows that he doesn't have a chance at all, its the sad truth.

Bosh is one of the more consistant PFs in the league today.

He still looks like he belongs in the zoo, or a museum.
              LOL you said it brother. I agree he is one of the better PF with a superb skillset. On the other hand I'd pick bargnani over bosh at this point. I replaced boshtrich with bron bron. I have a feeling he will be mvp at the end of the season. This is the year for James to take his game to another level. I see him having a career year across the board and possibly bringing home a championship along with some other hardware. Who's really gonna stop him and the Heat?
              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I remember hearing that last year too... lets not hand out any awards prematurely

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  Yes good idea! Everybody do your part and get our guys in! It's our duty as Raptors Republic soldiers!!

BTW, curious, who did everybody vote for?? Other than our 3 guys of course.

My picks:

East

Bargs

Bosh (let the bashing begin) hahaha

Caldy

DD

Howard
                  My picks as well :P Bargs, Bosh, Calderon, DD and Howard. Bosh has been playing well, gotta give the man his credit!
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

You guys r crazy if you think they'll start bargs over Lebron

Comment

I voted for all three, but then after i realized, i shouldnt have.

I hope they dont get into the all-star game coz its a load of crap anyways. I hope they just stay home, get rested so they can do more damage in the 2nd half of the season.

Comment

LOL you said it brother. I agree he is one of the better PF with a superb skillset. On the other hand I'd pick bargnani over bosh at this point. I replaced boshtrich with bron bron. I have a feeling he will be mvp at the end of the season. This is the year for James to take his game to another level. I see him having a career year across the board and possibly bringing home a championship along with some other hardware. Who's really gonna stop him and the Heat?
                        As much as i hate the Heat, i dont think anybody can stop them this year. Unless Howard goes to the Lakers or Clippers.

Comment

Demar and all-star? Hopefully not this year.

I hate to say it but even though his chances are slim, I'm actually rooting for Demar not too make the all-star team this year.

If he were to make it this year it would be likely that he would make it next year and under the new CBA any rookie that makes the all-star team twice during their rookie contract would be entitled to sign for a max deal worth 30% of the teams salary cap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_sal..._under_the_CBA

I'm not rooting against Demar and if he becomes a an all-star, that would be a great accomplishment and in many ways be great for the team. I just hope it happens next year, because I'm not so sure he's worth 30% of our cap.

Comment

I just don't envision DeRozan having a good enough season to make it happen. Plus, the Raptors would have to turn a LOT of heads in the US for him to get selected as a reserve (because we can all but guarantee that Wade and Rose will be voted in as starters).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              I just don't envision DeRozan having a good enough season to make it happen. Plus, the Raptors would have to turn a LOT of heads in the US for him to get selected as a reserve (because we can all but guarantee that Wade and Rose will be voted in as starters).
                              Allen and Rondo as reserves kinda locked in as well.
                              Like I said until Boston's Allen and Garnett retire, Bargs and DeMar don't have a chance.
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

There was a Raptor / ASG thread already. Merged.

Comment

Working...
                                X