Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The OFFICIAL "Oh Gawd Alabi in the D-League Tracking Thread!" - Solo Recalled!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL "Oh Gawd Alabi in the D-League Tracking Thread!" - Solo Recalled!

First game:

94-104 Loss to the D-Fenders

22 mins, 10 pts, 13 rbs, 1 blk, 4/11 fgm-a, 3 pf, -3 +/-
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Good stats, hope he averages 3 blocks per game, and 10 rebounds on the best centers in the D-league.

He's still a scrub though, compared to NBA standards.
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Kid needs some playing time. Good to see he's getting it. At best, he can be a useful rotation player coming off the bench in the future.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
        Good stats, hope he averages 3 blocks per game, and 10 rebounds on the best centers in the D-league.

He's still a scrub though, compared to NBA standards.
        *sigh* He's good enough to earn a paycheck in the NBA. So, why exactly is he a scrub? I really despise that term.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          *sigh* He's good enough to earn a paycheck in the NBA. So, why exactly is he a scrub? I really despise that term.
          He was blessed with the genetics to grow to 7' tall, he is not earning an NBA check on pure talent. At this point he seems like a flash in the pan.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Umm, well he's barely played and looked like the worst player in garbage time most of those times...so why isn't he a scrub? Ok, I won't use that term. He's the 15th best player on a 13 man roster....so I guess it's off to the D-League.

I don't get why everyone is so touchy about Alabi. If he improves he'll find work, with us or elsewhere. I think I wrote him off as part of our future when we drafted JV. You don't need to force the development of a guy who may never even be a backup. If he does develop, he can always try to outplay Magloire and Gray in practice, which is not exactly a tall feat. Fill-in bigs are not hard to find.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Umm, well he's barely played and looked like the worst player in garbage time most of those times...so why isn't he a scrub? Ok, I won't use that term. He's the 15th best player on a 13 man roster....so I guess it's off to the D-League.

I don't get why everyone is so touchy about Alabi. If he improves he'll find work, with us or elsewhere. I think I wrote him off as part of our future when we drafted JV. You don't need to force the development of a guy who may never even be a backup. If he does develop, he can always try to outplay Magloire and Gray in practice, which is not exactly a tall feat. Fill-in bigs are not hard to find.
              I'm not touchy on the guy at all. I never thought he'd be an important piece of this club. I believe I said that at best, he could be a contributor off the bench as a rotational player, and a decent one at that if he just concentrates on the defensive aspect of the game.

Scrub is a very harsh word. If you've made an NBA roster and at the least, you're collecting a 6-figure salary, that hardly smacks of someone who is a "scrub".
              Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Jan 5, 2012, 06:57 PM.

Comment

I believe this is the definition of a scrub:

In Alabi's defense, I've never seen him hanging from the passenger side of his best friend's ride trying to holler at anyone.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post

Because you're assuming that he's no good when he's hasn't had a chance to log enough minutes in the NBA for anyone (yes, even the team itself) to really evaluate him as a player?

Comment

A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me. From Alabi's standpoint, he is a guy who not only can't get no love from me, but also can't get no love from at least half the RR forum members, Jay Triano and his coaching staff, and Casey and his coaching staff.

Seems to me that by definition, he's a scrub.
                    Last edited by ebrian; Fri Jan 6, 2012, 11:18 AM.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

scruffz wrote: View Post
                      Because you're assuming that he's no good when he's hasn't had a chance to log enough minutes in the NBA for anyone (yes, even the team itself) to really evaluate him as a player?
                      And why hasn't he been able to get those minutes?

Can bet you its not because he's a bad person or did anything unprofessional toward the staff.

NBA Coaching Staff's can see enough in Practice time to know whether or not a player can make an impact on the floor against their opponents. If he could have ANY impact at all, he would have done it by now.
                      Not to say he won't improve over the years and potentially become a 12th man in the league. But at this point in time, his lack of playing is attributable to one thing and one thing only. He's not a good basketball player.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        In Alabi's defense, I've never seen him hanging from the passenger side of his best friend's ride trying to holler at anyone.
                        HAHAHAHA
                        Awesome.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Lies, I seen him on King st. hollering at some hipster broads from the passenger's side of Ajinca's Yukon.
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Game number two, Alabi starts:

27 min, 10 pts, 15 rbs, 2 bs, 5-12 fgm-a, 1 pf.

112-116 win over Idaho Stampede.

Not a bad line!
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Game three!

Losing 114-104 to the Stampeders.

32 min, 22 pts, 9 rbs, 4 bs, 9-14 fgm-a.

It was kinda a weird cause he was guarding Antoine Walker a lot.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X