Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bargnani to Lakers for Gasol. Other peices involved.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargnani to Lakers for Gasol. Other peices involved.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/41956

Was on ESPN and came across this. What do you guys think? I think it's crazy actually.

81Jonny
    Can bargnani be a good fit for a contender right now? can a contender team trade for Andrea before deadline?
    16 Minutes Ago

John.HollingerESPN
    He would thrive in a Ryan Anderson type role. Lakers brass is considering shipping Pau and Fisher to Toronto for Bargnani and Calderon. Spurs are interested as well.
    9 Minutes Ago

kobnk2007
    Fisher ain't going anywhere.
    4 Minutes Ago

chadridgeway
    Wow Hollinger replies in the comments sections, sweet! Can you tell me if the Thunder are gonna win the championship?
    4 Minutes Ago

albertan_10
    Why would Toronto make a trade like that? Fisher is washed up and pau is getting old. How does that help their rebuild?
    5 Minutes Ago

Post Thanks / Like

Except that he's finally thriving right now in a lead role. If they've stuck with Bargs this long it makes absolutely no sense to move him now. Swapping Calderon for Fisher makes exactly zero sense as well. Joh Hollinger, trolling?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bryan Colangelo: Laughs and hangs up the phone.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, that's not happening. Why would we want/need Pau (who is very soft and coming to mid/end of his career) when we have Jonas coming in next year?

Fisher is a huge downgrade to Calderon.

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote malefax wrote: View Post
    Bryan Colangelo: Laughs and hangs up the phone.
    /we hope...

i like hollinger in that he looks at the statistical output from an objective perspective. but i reaaally find him lacking when it comes to REAL basketball & all it's machinations, specifically with things like trade scenarios. this is so silly, it's absurd. and that's coming from me, a bargs hater.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ya, that's not happening. Why would we want/need Pau (who is very soft and coming to mid/end of his career) when we have Jonas coming in next year?

because it's a move that would help LA, and that's all that matters?

pau is only 31, so yeah, he's in the middle of his career, and has likely peaked, but he's not done. he just has no value on the raptors. and certainly including jose makes no sense...wouldn't any fake trade rumour be joining the two spaniards, not seeing them traded for each other?

Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani's figure is more cap-friendly for his production. Gasol makes 19 million this season and the next 2 seasons after. No thanks. This trade doesn't even help Toronto.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol thats not the real dude, its a well determined troll who tricked you vybz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

Gasol earlier in his career was considered soft, but I don't say how you can say that now.

Post Thanks / Like

and then there's this:

'Lee (Indy)

Is that really you replying in the comments section below?

John Hollinger (12:09 PM)

I can't see it right now but I have never, ever commented on any of my stories.'

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If this happened, disappointed would not be the word. I would certainly change my avatar.

Post Thanks / Like

Thread title gave me a anxiety attack
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

funny thing is , I was on that board and I knew right away it was a troll, Vybz tried to troll us too and he did to some.

Post Thanks / Like

Rockets are a team with some assets we would actually want that I could see asking about Bargs
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ain't it funny that after 6 games people are scoffing at swapping the PF-PG combo from an NBA champion for Bargnani-Calderon. Maybe those two don't suck quite so much after all. Bargnani has always had talent, and he has never been a jerk. So it shouldn't be a real surprise that a good coach and the right role would allow him to thrive. Remember, the last couple of years he was asked to play the C position, which plays against his strengths. It's early, but it looks like Casey has figured out who Bargnani is as a player, and how to use him. As for Calderon, he has deficiencies on defence but over the past 3 years his Asst/TO ratio has been well above 4. Dude runs the offence, scores efficiently (0.574 career TS%, in Paul/Kidd/Nash territory) and doesn't squander possessions. An efficient offence that doesn't turn the ball over is important for defensive performance. He would absolutely kill it with the Lakers. Now, if only he could stay healthy...

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just because the Lakers are considering it doesn't mean it's on the table.

I'm considering leaving work, jumping on the subway, slapping my junk on the first hot chick i see's face, and screaming out "SPARTACUS!!!!!!!" while she "handles my business"...

doesn't mean it's a good idea or that she's interested at all... but the mere mention of it does get people talking...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/41956

Was on ESPN and came across this. What do you guys think? I think it's crazy actually.

As per Tim Chisholm @timpchisholm "Hollinger doesn't do the comments section, people. That Bargs/Jose for Pau/Fisher trade was not a real thing. Move on."

Check the link. It was BS and therefore crazy, yes.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone who thinks this trade will happen doesn't know who Bryan Collangelo is. He loves European players to give up 2 of them and only get one in return

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hollinger's kind of a tool. Some of the metrics he uses are fun to talk about, and some about individual players especially are decent ways to assess things like impact or value(they can also be useless to statistically unproductive role players). He's just a stats freak with no feel for the game. If you took him to watch a game, he couldn't give you feedback until he looks at numbers.

There's no way any GM in the league makes that kind of deal. Everyone is going to be calling Toronto right now after this start to see if they can lowball BC for Bargnani. LA probably realizes they're in trouble and they f*&#^D themselves with the media coverage of the failed Paul trade, and then by having to trade Odom away. Man, what a mess in LA. And you've got all that talent on the Clippers...how long before Sterling and the team's historic dysfunction screw that up?

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah if they proposed the trade 2-3 years ago.........

But not now! I hate it how some people in the media really devalues the Raptor players when it comes to trades. I can't wait until Hollinger comes up with trading Demar for Jason Richardson and will be saying: "Orlando is considering it"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information