Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The Raptors will not have a top 5 pick

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    why do you think he hasn't played yet?
    Because he is injured ...

Raptors Republic All-Star yertu damkule's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why do you think he hasn't played yet?
    well, having a look at their roster, and their record, i'm guessing it's because the wizards don't know what the fuck they're doing.

i wouldn't put crawford into the 'must keeps' either, he's a chucker that needs to play the same role the other crawford (jamal) made famous (6th man, instant offense, no other expectations). wall's the only sure-fire keeper on that whole roster, and while vesely has potential, he'll be an unknown for at least another season or 3.
    TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Raptors Republic Rookie big_chris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    well, having a look at their roster, and their record, i'm guessing it's because the wizards don't know what the fuck they're doing.

i wouldn't put crawford into the 'must keeps' either, he's a chucker that needs to play the same role the other crawford (jamal) made famous (6th man, instant offense, no other expectations). wall's the only sure-fire keeper on that whole roster, and while vesely has potential, he'll be an unknown for at least another season or 3.
    Nobody has any love for McGee? In 29 minutes he's averaging 12 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 50% shooting and only 1 TO. Those are good numbers for a guy who's put it all together.

Washington is 2 years away from where they hope the rebuilding is done. They have two more lotto picks to make before they try and make a splash in free agency, and start winning. If they landed Sullinger this year, a James Harden type in next summers draft, and let Blatche and Young go through trade or free agency... they are sitting on a stockpile of talent, with enough cap space for multiple max players. Vesely and Crawford are on rookie deals as well.

It might fail miserably, but I could see Washington leaping ahead of most of the league 2 or 3 years from now if they make the right decisions. If they had Irving instead of Wall, I'd be as down on them as everybody else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote big_chris wrote: View Post
    Nobody has any love for McGee? In 29 minutes he's averaging 12 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 50% shooting and only 1 TO. Those are good numbers for a guy who's put it all together.

Washington is 2 years away from where they hope the rebuilding is done. They have two more lotto picks to make before they try and make a splash in free agency, and start winning. If they landed Sullinger this year, a James Harden type in next summers draft, and let Blatche and Young go through trade or free agency... they are sitting on a stockpile of talent, with enough cap space for multiple max players. Vesely and Crawford are on rookie deals as well.

It might fail miserably, but I could see Washington leaping ahead of most of the league 2 or 3 years from now if they make the right decisions. If they had Irving instead of Wall, I'd be as down on them as everybody else.
    unfortunately, hidden within jevale's stats (which, btw, are very good) are the 2 or 3 or 7 boneheaded acts of retardation that come up pretty much every game. but maybe you're right...in the right environment, with suitable veteran leadership guiding SOME of the youngsters, they could turn things around quite quickly. but there's a significant amount of work to be done to get there, and i don't think anyone's taking blatche off their hands (esp. with that shiny new contract) unless they sweeten the pot.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    unfortunately, hidden within jevale's stats (which, btw, are very good) are the 2 or 3 or 7 boneheaded acts of retardation that come up pretty much every game. but maybe you're right...in the right environment, with suitable veteran leadership guiding SOME of the youngsters, they could turn things around quite quickly. but there's a significant amount of work to be done to get there, and i don't think anyone's taking blatche off their hands (esp. with that shiny new contract) unless they sweeten the pot.
    I would agree 100%.

I think there was a reason, besides veteran leadership, that WSH did not amnesty Lewis this summer. They have it earmarked for Mr. Blatche - and rightfully so.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amnesty on blatche?

Post Thanks / Like

Amnesty on blatche?
    \

it's definitely possible...signed thru '15 for ~$30 more mil (after this season). i'd suggest watching some wizards games to get a proper perspective on just how dysfunctional they are, and just how beyond repair mr. blatche is.

Thread Information