No announcement yet.

The Raptors will not have a top 5 pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if there's any chance of taking advantage of Washington's desperation, and prying Wall from their hands

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I wonder if there's any chance of taking advantage of Washington's desperation, and prying Wall from their hands
      I think that if they start giving players away it will be Blatche, McGee, and Nick Young. Wall seems to be a guy that gives a crap about winning, the other guys seem a little to stat happy.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Amar'e did play last night though.
        That's exactly why our win over the Knicks means little. Ever with their 'big 3' in the lineup they lost to the bawbcats.

Comment

imo the wizards entire starting lineup besides wall and Lewis are selfish scrubs. I feel sorry for the wizards but it's their fault for signing headcases like Blatche.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            imo the wizards entire starting lineup besides wall and Lewis are selfish scrubs. I feel sorry for the wizards but it's their fault for signing headcases like Blatche.
            Jordan Crawford and Wall are the only good pieces on that team, for the long run.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              Even if the Raptors do finish in the 7-10th from the bottom position, there are 3 factors to consider:

1. ping-pong balls could move us into the top 3 (or down up to 3 spots... yikes)

2. would be interesting analysis to figure out which of the teams above us in the likely draft position rankings are likely to target a SF, rather than all the PF/C/SG ranked highly (aka how many teams are true risks to take one of the stud SF we want)

3. there's always a possibility to flip picks to move up just a couple spots, still allowing both teams to draft the player they really want (ie: trade Barbosa/Bayless for late 1st/early 2nd round pick at the deadline, which could be used to facilitate the swapping of picks to get our stud SF)
              I'd imagine BC sitting late into the wee hours contemplating all the possibilities. Bargs, Demar, Davis. Jonas...I think he's done fairly well at the draft.

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                Jordan Crawford and Wall are the only good pieces on that team, for the long run.
                ya your right about that. Vesely is basically a useless pick he doesn't bring anything they need.

Comment

Noooooooo we need a top 5 pick or even 10 so BC can trade up !!

Comment

ya your right about that. Vesely is basically a useless pick he doesn't bring anything they need.
                    Vesely was the 6th pick in the draft, hasn't even played yet and you have already come to that conclusion...

Comment

why do you think he hasn't played yet?

Comment

Because he is injured ...

Comment

well, having a look at their roster, and their record, i'm guessing it's because the wizards don't know what the fuck they're doing.

i wouldn't put crawford into the 'must keeps' either, he's a chucker that needs to play the same role the other crawford (jamal) made famous (6th man, instant offense, no other expectations). wall's the only sure-fire keeper on that whole roster, and while vesely has potential, he'll be an unknown for at least another season or 3.
                          TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                            well, having a look at their roster, and their record, i'm guessing it's because the wizards don't know what the fuck they're doing.

i wouldn't put crawford into the 'must keeps' either, he's a chucker that needs to play the same role the other crawford (jamal) made famous (6th man, instant offense, no other expectations). wall's the only sure-fire keeper on that whole roster, and while vesely has potential, he'll be an unknown for at least another season or 3.
                            Nobody has any love for McGee? In 29 minutes he's averaging 12 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 50% shooting and only 1 TO. Those are good numbers for a guy who's put it all together.

Washington is 2 years away from where they hope the rebuilding is done. They have two more lotto picks to make before they try and make a splash in free agency, and start winning. If they landed Sullinger this year, a James Harden type in next summers draft, and let Blatche and Young go through trade or free agency... they are sitting on a stockpile of talent, with enough cap space for multiple max players. Vesely and Crawford are on rookie deals as well.

It might fail miserably, but I could see Washington leaping ahead of most of the league 2 or 3 years from now if they make the right decisions. If they had Irving instead of Wall, I'd be as down on them as everybody else.

Comment

big_chris wrote: View Post
                              Nobody has any love for McGee? In 29 minutes he's averaging 12 points, 9.8 rebounds, 3 blocks, 1 steal, 50% shooting and only 1 TO. Those are good numbers for a guy who's put it all together.

Washington is 2 years away from where they hope the rebuilding is done. They have two more lotto picks to make before they try and make a splash in free agency, and start winning. If they landed Sullinger this year, a James Harden type in next summers draft, and let Blatche and Young go through trade or free agency... they are sitting on a stockpile of talent, with enough cap space for multiple max players. Vesely and Crawford are on rookie deals as well.

It might fail miserably, but I could see Washington leaping ahead of most of the league 2 or 3 years from now if they make the right decisions. If they had Irving instead of Wall, I'd be as down on them as everybody else.
                              unfortunately, hidden within jevale's stats (which, btw, are very good) are the 2 or 3 or 7 boneheaded acts of retardation that come up pretty much every game. but maybe you're right...in the right environment, with suitable veteran leadership guiding SOME of the youngsters, they could turn things around quite quickly. but there's a significant amount of work to be done to get there, and i don't think anyone's taking blatche off their hands (esp. with that shiny new contract) unless they sweeten the pot.
                              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

yertu damkule wrote: View Post
                                unfortunately, hidden within jevale's stats (which, btw, are very good) are the 2 or 3 or 7 boneheaded acts of retardation that come up pretty much every game. but maybe you're right...in the right environment, with suitable veteran leadership guiding SOME of the youngsters, they could turn things around quite quickly. but there's a significant amount of work to be done to get there, and i don't think anyone's taking blatche off their hands (esp. with that shiny new contract) unless they sweeten the pot.
                                I would agree 100%.

I think there was a reason, besides veteran leadership, that WSH did not amnesty Lewis this summer. They have it earmarked for Mr. Blatche - and rightfully so.

Comment

Working...
                                X