Thread: Adidas Drops Arenas As Endorser

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Adidas Drops Arenas As Endorser

And rightfully so .... good on ya Adidas.

Athletic company Adidas said Friday it was dumping longtime endorser Gilbert Arenas of the Washington Wizards following his guilty plea on felony gun charges in Washington, D.C.

The move demonstrates the short fuse that Madison Avenue now has with wayward athletic endorsers. Golf superstar Tiger Woods has been dropped by two corporate sponsors, AT&T and Accenture, following recent allegations of his alleged extramarital affairs with multiple women.
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic Starter Dark Knight's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Won't be long before hes has to live in his car now.
    "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

How the mighty have fallen. 111 Million dollar contract one day, prison the next.

Raptors Republic Rookie Prophet2k's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone surprised by this. Especially after Tiger got dumped by 99% of his sponsors for just cheating on his wife. The funny thing about this whole Arenas situation is that the only way the Wizards had any hope of getting out of his contract is if he was convicted of a felony, and sure enough he pleads guilty to a felony. Seems kinda suspicious to me. How come Crittendon isn't charged as well? maybe cause crittendon isn't owed 100+million.
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Arco Arena...behind it, in the trash, with Brad Miller
    Post Thanks / Like

This kinda makes me wish Andres Nocioni got caught with a gun. :| lol

Also - still trying to figure out how Critt gets away with nothing more than a slap on his wrist in this situation when it's pretty clear he was just as involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote INFO wrote: View Post
    How the mighty have fallen. 111 Million dollar contract one day, prison the next.
    He's not getting jail time. His plea bargain was designed so that he skips jail and the Wiz won't have a strong enough case to void the contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prophet2k wrote: View Post
    Is anyone surprised by this. Especially after Tiger got dumped by 99% of his sponsors for just cheating on his wife. The funny thing about this whole Arenas situation is that the only way the Wizards had any hope of getting out of his contract is if he was convicted of a felony, and sure enough he pleads guilty to a felony. Seems kinda suspicious to me. How come Crittendon isn't charged as well? maybe cause crittendon isn't owed 100+million.
    Apparently, the Wizard's organization went out of their way to help the authorities in the investigation.

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    He's not getting jail time. His plea bargain was designed so that he skips jail and the Wiz won't have a strong enough case to void the contract.
    I don't know how accurate the report I seen on tv was last night, but they were saying it's possible that Arenas will get around 30 days jail time.

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Swish! lol

This whole fiasco has pretty much ruined any HOF chances he had.

Thread Information